Lelandjn

First Name
Leland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4x
Country flag
I’ve had my MME since the end of May and successfully activated my Fordpass account including attaching a credit card. However, during my 6 weeks with the car I have never gotten the P&C to activate, only get a spinning circle for a couple minutes or more than a message stating to try again later. Keep waiting for it to work. Calls to Ford have not been helpful - they put me on hold to read FAQ’s, I’ve already done. I love the car as a third car for local trips but would not keep it as an only car because the owner experience with this and other Fordpass connection issues (including PAAK) has been bitter sweet to put it nicely.
Sponsored

William

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge, Mach-E
Country flag
I will be using the Herkimer Denny's EA charger at the end of the month for a trip to Cooperstown so good to hear of your experience there and elsewhere. I believe EA and Ford have worked out the initial bugs for P&C.

Question for you or anybody. Do I have to set up an EA account before using P&C with the free Kwh or using the Ford app is fine until I use up the freebies?
I set up an account with EV before my trip out of an abundance of caution but it appears that FORD picked up the charge and put it against my 500 KWh in my FORDPass account. I got no charge from EV, just an e-mail from FORD telling me how many KWh I charged (57)and how much I have left in my FORD account (443).

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Still waiting for Ford to activate P & C. Hope they get it done before we go on our first road trip in August!
Still shows pending activation on Ford.com. Called help line this morning and opened ticket. They told me that there should be a prompt displayed in the car to complete the process.

William

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge, Mach-E
Country flag
I will be using the Herkimer Denny's EA charger at the end of the month for a trip to Cooperstown so good to hear of your experience there and elsewhere. I believe EA and Ford have worked out the initial bugs for P&C.

Question for you or anybody. Do I have to set up an EA account before using P&C with the free Kwh or using the Ford app is fine until I use up the freebies?
I set up an account with EV out of an abundance of caution but found that using the EV charger in Herkimer that Ford picked it up and just decremented my freebie 500 KWh the 53 KWh I put into the MME. It was Ford than sent me an e-mail confirming my actions and a later check on my EV account showed no charge against my credit card. Enjoy you trip. I hope your EV experience goes as well as mine.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I set up an account with EV out of an abundance of caution but found that using the EV charger in Herkimer that Ford picked it up and just decremented my freebie 500 KWh the 53 KWh I put into the MME. It was Ford than sent me an e-mail confirming my actions and a later check on my EV account showed no charge against my credit card. Enjoy you trip. I hope your EV experience goes as well as mine.
Me, too!!!

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I’ve had my MME since the end of May and successfully activated my Fordpass account including attaching a credit card. However, during my 6 weeks with the car I have never gotten the P&C to activate, only get a spinning circle for a couple minutes or more than a message stating to try again later. Keep waiting for it to work. Calls to Ford have not been helpful - they put me on hold to read FAQ’s, I’ve already done. I love the car as a third car for local trips but would not keep it as an only car because the owner experience with this and other Fordpass connection issues (including PAAK) has been bitter sweet to put it nicely.
I’m having the same issue, just spins then fails when trying to turn on the plug and charge

drivenfilms

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Videography / Photographer
Country flag
Easy! Thanks.

One thing you may want to add is that before the app recognizes the account, you need to VERIFY the account after you sign up. I went straight from signing up on the Ford website to the app...didn't bother checking my email.

ALSO I had to force quit the Ford Pass app on my phone and re-open it to do a "hard refresh".

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Thanks for this post!

I heard about the 250kwh of free charging but the dealer had no idea. They just said "Well, it should just show up in your rewards eventually"

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Did my first Plug & Charge at an EA station in Herkimer, NY. First plug on the station got a Charge Fault error from the car. I think that was me not inserting it correctly. The second plug on the station went perfectly. This was just a test as I was at 74% of SOC for this one so it didn't charge very fast (68Kwh) until it hit 80%. Used 11Kwh off my 250 while I eat breakfast at the Denny's the EA stations are next to.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Did my first Plug & Charge at an EA station in Herkimer, NY. First plug on the station got a Charge Fault error from the car. I think that was me not inserting it correctly. The second plug on the station went perfectly. This was just a test as I was at 74% of SOC for this one so it didn't charge very fast (68Kwh) until it hit 80%. Used 11Kwh off my 250 while I eat breakfast at the Denny's the EA stations are next to.
I have got charge station faults every time at EA stations. Have not had a problem free plug and charge yet! I have a road trip coming up soon. I have already used 40kwh of my free charging pre testing for the upcoming road trip!

Rapid Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Country flag
Does plug and charge work after your "free" charging without the annual subscription fee? Or do you have to buy that plan for it to work?

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Does plug and charge work after your "free" charging without the annual subscription fee? Or do you have to buy that plan for it to work?
It will work via the FordPass if you have payment setup but at a higher rate.

Java

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium
Country flag
For what it’s worth, I finally got this to work. My trek was much shorter than many here, but I feel your pain.

I set up my cc and then could never progress to activate the account. The activate button was always greyed out. No error notice or anything. Tried countless times. No joy.

Reading posts here, I went into my wallet to see if delete and re-adding the cc would work. I noticed that there was no “default card”. Odd since I only had one card for the account. I selected that one card as default. Then went back to activate and it worked (at least went through at “pending“). It took a couple of hours to process, but all looks good now.

Thanks to all for the advice and info!

Flomru

First Name
Artem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mustang Mach-E Select
Country flag
Reading posts here, I went into my wallet to see if delete and re-adding the cc would work. I noticed that there was no “default card”. Odd since I only had one card for the account. I selected that one card as default. Then went back to activate and it worked (at least went through at “pending“). It took a couple of hours to process, but all looks good now.

Thanks to all for the advice and info!
I followed exactly the same steps, but I actually tried to add/remove cc without making it default at first and it didn't help either. Even if you add it right there on activation page. Making the card default is what allows to proceed with activation. Odd.
Sponsored