Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I had done this weeks ago and got exited that was the missing link to make Plug & Charge actually work. I tried on 3 different chargers and it never worked as advertised. Each time I got "Charge Station Fault" after plugging in and waiting a few minutes. The only way I was able to get it working with FordPass was the manual process:

1. Find the charging station in the app
2. Selecting the charge station I'm parked at
3. Activating the specific charge plug

This process worked for me every time, but it is hardly as simple as "Plug & Charge". I'm sure it will work correctly eventually, but considering VW's own EV's don't do Plug & Charge on their own charging network (Electrify America) I'm not surprised it doesn't work consistently with the MME ?.
I was hoping to use my free 250kWhr on upcoming trip... but I can't unless I can activate my Ford charging network membership.
Sponsored

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
The tech support person fixed it on their side.

Good luck!

smp
hhhmmmm, tech support person I finally got said there was nothing they could do to activate plug & charge from their side. ;(

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I was hoping to use my free 250kWhr on upcoming trip... but I can't unless I can activate my Ford charging network membership.
Have you tried using the 7 step approach that bypasses P&C?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Have you tried using the 7 step approach that bypasses P&C?
I tried following the OP steps.... I get the final screen that says 'confirm activation', and.... error dialog pops up, "oops, call ford", did that, they can't activate from their side apparently.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I tried following the OP steps.... I get the final screen that says 'confirm activation', and.... error dialog pops up, "oops, call ford", did that, they can't activate from their side apparently.
Bummer

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

followup for today is
SUCCESS.

My scathing review of my failed phone support call, or perhaps my email to Mike Levine, caught the attention of Matt Stover who is in charge of Plug & Charge issues. Matt emailed, and called me back directly to help debug as they are working on this exact issue with a number of people at the moment.

apparently there is a bit of Latency in the activation/confirmation process as Ford has to swap info with all their participating chargers. It can 2 hours to 2 days at this point.

so...... they are listening, they are working on it, and the better news is they are also working on centralizing support handling, knowledge base, and hopefully enabling online support in addition to phone

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
Today I went back to the exact same EA charger I've tried 2 other times with no success with P&C. Today it worked perfectly! Maybe it was due to some OTA but I was floored it worked as advertised. I'll have to try the other two chargers to see if they all work now as well.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
For future reference once you get past the confirmation/activation......I clipped this from a previous post and kept it handy when I went to EA to use FordPass and the free kWh.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to Enable Plug & Charge in 7 Steps 1622165573118
A perhaps stupid question, if I may:

In your example, the location shows 4 chargers....how does one tell which entry in the app corresponds to which charger?

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
A perhaps stupid question, if I may:

In your example, the location shows 4 chargers....how does one tell which entry in the app corresponds to which charger?
The station charge port will have a number label on it that corresponds to what is shown on the app. I've noticed the label is at the top of the charge station.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I just activated Plug and Charge for my Wife’s account. I kept getting Err_3000 from connected services. It worked after adding a credit card to her wallet.

William

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge, Mach-E
Country flag
I must have landed on Mars as my P&C works just fine. When I got my MME in May 2021 I found the dealer ignorant of DCFC , they delivered the car fully charged with their L2 charger. The salesperson thought that was wonderful!!. I found a DCFC (L3) charger in my county of Monroe, NY. There is one in the whole county. I went to it to practice as I had planned on taking a trip to Mystic, CT (401 miles) and wanted to experience L3 charging without the anxiety of trying to get somewhere at a reasonable time. Monroe County's only L3 is in the village of Fairport and is a Greenlots. I drove there and used P&C, entering the charger number and plugging in. It worked perfectly and boosted my confidence. On my trip I stopped in Herkimer, NY (160 miles) where there was a Denny's and an EV charger. I plugged in the charger and it immediately started charging. My other and I had lunch and when we returned the GOM said I had 85% which was just fine with me. Happy experience. I continued my trip and stopped a second time in Lee, MA at an EVGo. I had previously set up and account with EVGo and after entering who I was and the charger number I plugged it in and found it immediately started charging albeit at a lower rate than the EV charger. After a potty break and wee bit of ice cream I stopped the charge at about 75% and completed my journey 125 miles later.

I found that I have 500 complementary KWhrs for some reason. I got an e-mail from EV telling me my account was decremented for the KWhours I charged. EVGo sent me an E-mail telling me how much they hit my credit card for, they also charge by KWhr. I noted that Greenlots in Fairport and EV in Herkimer charges $.35 per KWHr and EGgo $.30. Yes, Greenlots is also part of the Ford network. I read that EV is a bunch of chargers VW installed as a result of a suit against them for false reporting emissions date on their diesels. I also read it's more difficult for VW folks to get the EV charger working for them than FORD (lol)

I normally charge at home using 120 v. But am retired so I don't have a commute. I used the device Ford included in my MME on a 15 amp circuit. Works just fine.

I've never used 220 v and my 12 v battery has never (so far) gone flat. I do use a volt meter to check it from time-to-time. I have 2016 miles on the MME. I do not use PaaK, I got a second fob and use it. Overall I'm pretty happy with the MME.

My next trip is a 388 mile journey to Mt. Desert Island in Maine, so we'll see how well the Maine DCFC infrastructure works in August. The village of Southwest Harbor where we'll be staying has a L2 charger near the Police station. That's probably where at least one night will find the MME parked.

I"ve noticed a few "bugs" in the Ford software but all I can live with in the short term and they don't impact my ability to move about. I've been fortunate I haven't had the charging issues many of you express and wish you happy solutions.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I will be using the Herkimer Denny's EA charger at the end of the month for a trip to Cooperstown so good to hear of your experience there and elsewhere. I believe EA and Ford have worked out the initial bugs for P&C.

Question for you or anybody. Do I have to set up an EA account before using P&C with the free Kwh or using the Ford app is fine until I use up the freebies?

I must have landed on Mars as my P&C works just fine. When I got my MME in May 2021 I found the dealer ignorant of DCFC , they delivered the car fully charged with their L2 charger. The salesperson thought that was wonderful!!. I found a DCFC (L3) charger in my county of Monroe, NY. There is one in the whole county. I went to it to practice as I had planned on taking a trip to Mystic, CT (401 miles) and wanted to experience L3 charging without the anxiety of trying to get somewhere at a reasonable time. Monroe County's only L3 is in the village of Fairport and is a Greenlots. I drove there and used P&C, entering the charger number and plugging in. It worked perfectly and boosted my confidence. On my trip I stopped in Herkimer, NY (160 miles) where there was a Denny's and an EV charger. I plugged in the charger and it immediately started charging. My other and I had lunch and when we returned the GOM said I had 85% which was just fine with me. Happy experience. I continued my trip and stopped a second time in Lee, MA at an EVGo. I had previously set up and account with EVGo and after entering who I was and the charger number I plugged it in and found it immediately started charging albeit at a lower rate than the EV charger. After a potty break and wee bit of ice cream I stopped the charge at about 75% and completed my journey 125 miles later.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Very helpful thread, just turned on my free hours.
Sponsored