How to keep the ceiling clean with the panoramic roof?

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
Everyone that gets in my car immediately reaches up and puts their greasy hands all over the panoramic roof. I have never had to clean the ceiling in my car before but have had to do it almost every day since I took delivery.

Any tips short of not letting those people in my car again?
Sponsored

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
With a glass roof it's really about preventative measures.

You'll want to get a spray bottle where you can adjust from mist to stream. Most people use these on the mist setting, but that's not going to work here; you want to set it to stream. And you want straight water, no vinegar and no cleaning solution. You'll want to keep it in your center cupholder. Anytime you see someone start to reach up to touch the glass roof, just give them a quick shot of water to the face.

This should prevent anymore fingerprints from appearing in the future.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yeah, OP needs new friends.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag

You'll want to get a spray bottle where you can adjust from mist to stream. Most people use these on the mist setting, but that's not going to work here; you want to set it to stream. And you want straight water, no vinegar and no cleaning solution. You'll want to keep it in your center cupholder. Anytime you see someone start to reach up to touch the glass roof, just give them a quick shot of water to the face.

Maybe another bottle with a touch of Tabasco sauce in it for those stubborn individuals

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

And I was going to suggest stopping any late-night activities but your idea would resolve both!

BTRYPWRDPONY

First Name
JAY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE GTPE DMG
Country flag

Works with my dogs?

Duffer

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Escape SE 1967 Mustang
Country flag
Get a supply of latex gloves, keep a dispenser in the car.

theriddler

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Bitch slap your riders to keep their hands to themselves. Start by every time you see them reach out and touch their face. If they wear glasses or sunglasses even better and just smear your fingers on their lenses. When they complain tell them that is exactly how you feel about them putting their grubby little hands on your glass roof.

You may lose friends this way but they won't be dirtying up your roof any longer :)

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
I don't see anything wrong with this. They just admiring your car that ooh wow factor looking up seeing clear sky night or day. Whatever dirt can be cleaned. Inebriated it's all good just don't scratch anything.