Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Can you suggest a ceramic coating spray that works for you? ??
Stan I had mine professionally coated (4x gold package) with Ceramic Pro also. My last 4 cars have had this treatment done. The oldest was my 2016 Focus RS which still to this day, 6 years later looks like glass and very easy to wash. It does not protect the paint from chipping but I have a guy that takes care of those if I get enough of them. I also have the door jams and wheels done.
Sponsored

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Stan I had mine professionally coated (4x gold package) with Ceramic Pro also. My last 4 cars have had this treatment done. The oldest was my 2016 Focus RS which still to this day, 6 years later looks like glass and very easy to wash. It does not protect the paint from chipping but I have a guy that takes care of those if I get enough of them. I also have the door jams and wheels done.
Ditto on the Ceramic Pro. Our Tesla Model Y looks as shiny as when the ceramic pro was first applied. The installer said it wouldn't need renewing ever because we keep it in a garage.

My plan is to get ppf on the frontal surfaces ASAP along with Ceramic Pro to the rest of the paint.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hi All. I'm having more trouble post car wash than with other cars. Seems like there's a lot of runoff and streaking that my car wash can't handle. Any tips?
Ceramic coating (my car is a year old now.) I've literally washed it 3 times. I used OptiCoat.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do I Keep my Mach-e Clean? IMG-0474

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Old thread and I just read through this and looking for ideas.

Anyone dry their car with a silicone water blade type thing like a California Water Blade? I used to do that a while back and it was fast and I'm not one to wash/baby cars really anymore (just don't care enough probably and the car is outside when you drive/park/etc/gets in accidents/door dings).

I see lots of videos/comment that it scratches this/that with some saying it's fine, but rubbing the car with a soft cloth on anything abrasive will scratch it I assume anyways.

Maybe I should just wash and leave it dripping and not bother (save even more time). No plans to do protect film nor anything (rather spend funds on a dash cam). Probably just a me thing, but thoughts on the blade (since I used to use that in the past).

I had a Bolt previously and washed it literally once after 3 years, the day before I sold it.

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Old thread and I just read through this and looking for ideas.

Anyone dry their car with a silicone water blade type thing like a California Water Blade? I used to do that a while back and it was fast and I'm not one to wash/baby cars really anymore (just don't care enough probably and the car is outside when you drive/park/etc/gets in accidents/door dings).

I see lots of videos/comment that it scratches this/that with some saying it's fine, but rubbing the car with a soft cloth on anything abrasive will scratch it I assume anyways.

Maybe I should just wash and leave it dripping and not bother (save even more time). No plans to do protect film nor anything (rather spend funds on a dash cam). Probably just a me thing, but thoughts on the blade (since I used to use that in the past).

I had a Bolt previously and washed it literally once after 3 years, the day before I sold it.
The problem with the silicone water blade is that if you get even a small particle of dirt or debris on the blade, it will induce scratches into your clearcoat. Larry from AmmoNYC, a very respected youtube detailing expert, strongly advises against using water blades for this reason, except for maybe on glass but even then there is a small risk.

Safer drying methods would either be forced air (machine that blows the paint dry using nothing but air) or using a plush drying towel combined with a drying aid. At first, I thought drying aids were gimmicks. But they really do help to reduce scratches and swirls. For example, Larry with AmmoNYC makes one of the best drying aids on the market called Ammo Hydrate. You can dry an entire car using a single damp microfiber towel and the Hydrate spray. Or you can simply use your favorite spray wax.

I wouldn't let your car air dry. As the water spots evaporate, they will leave behind mineral deposits that can etch into your clearcoat.

Dzrhino

First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Occupation
Wildlife and Cultural Photographer
Country flag

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
For those in the know, I got some Adam's Polishes Waterless Wash and have 1 bottle that is a light blue color and another that is a very dark purple color.

Are they both exactly the same and they just changed the color to make it more distinct/differentiate with their other products?

May try it out some time when I don't feel like using the buckets.

Lastly, how is everyone washing their micro-fiber towels? Just toss them in the wash by themselves?

Last edited:

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For those in the know, I got some Adam's Polishes Waterless Wash and have 1 bottle that is a light blue color and another that is a very dark purple color.

Are they both exactly the same and they just changed the color to make it more distinct/differentiate with their other products?

Lastly, how is everyone washing their micro-fiber towels? Just toss them in the wash by themselves?
I am pretty sure the Adams Waterless Wash is purple in color and the Adams Rinseless Wash is a blue color. Maybe you have a bottle of each?

The best way to wash your microfiber towels is to:

Wash your towels immediately after use to avoid the stains from setting in. I recommend washing with a soap specifically designed for microfiber towels. My personal favorite is P and S Rags To Riches Detergent. I personally use warm or hot water to get the towels as clean as possible.

When you dry your microfiber towels, make sure to dry them on an ultra low heat temperature setting. High drying temps can damage the fibers in these towels and make them harden up. Avoid using fabric softeners. Contrary to the name, fabric softeners will actually make the fibers in the towels harden up. So to keep your towels soft and to prevent them from causing scratches the next time you use them, dry them on low heat and do not use fabric softener.

Oh, and do not dry your towels with other clothes. If you do, the towels will pick up lint and fibers from other items. If you then later use the towels on your car, you are more likely to induce micro scratches in the paint.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag

I’ve been following Joe’s approach for my towels. I bought the Adam’s Towel and Pad revitalizer from Amazon. It’s a bit pricey and I think I probably have close to a lifetime supply. I toss the dirty towels in a bucket and let them soak and then run a wash (using that soap) if only those towels. I dry on low heat. The Adam’s website has a nice page on care of microfiber towels and Joe’s advice is consistent with what they say. This is particularly important when using ceramic sprays that you wipe with your microfiber towels since otherwise the ceramic can harden on them.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I am pretty sure the Adams Waterless Wash is purple in color and the Adams Rinseless Wash is a blue color. Maybe you have a bottle of each?

The best way to wash your microfiber towels is to:

Wash your towels immediately after use to avoid the stains from setting in. I recommend washing with a soap specifically designed for microfiber towels. My personal favorite is P and S Rags To Riches Detergent. I personally use warm or hot water to get the towels as clean as possible.

When you dry your microfiber towels, make sure to dry them on an ultra low heat temperature setting. High drying temps can damage the fibers in these towels and make them harden up. Avoid using fabric softeners. Contrary to the name, fabric softeners will actually make the fibers in the towels harden up. So to keep your towels soft and to prevent them from causing scratches the next time you use them, dry them on low heat and do not use fabric softener.

Oh, and do not dry your towels with other clothes. If you do, the towels will pick up lint and fibers from other items. If you then later use the towels on your car, you are more likely to induce micro scratches in the paint.

I'm guessing they changed the color looking at this current link and this older video:

https://adamspolishes.com/collectio...ar-shampoo/products/adam-s-waterless-car-wash

There is waterless wash (blue)

Thanks for all the info. Will look at some of those detergents.

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm guessing they changed the color looking at this current link and this older video:

https://adamspolishes.com/collectio...ar-shampoo/products/adam-s-waterless-car-wash
That makes sense. Maybe the color change has to do with supply chain issues just like everything else these days.

The P and S Rags To Riches not only cleans well, but it will recondition your microfiber towels too. If you have a towel that is a bit less soft after being used a few times, the Rags To Riches will actually bring back the softness of the towel. You don't have to use this special detergent. Tide will work just fine too, but be sure to avoid high dryer heat temps and fabric softeners.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I've been using the California Water Blade on the glass roof of our MY and haven't see any scratches caused by it. I do check it every time though to make sure it's clean. I don't use in on paint anymore.

Personally I'm a big fan of Griot's Garage products and they actually have lots of DIY videos on many topics. For years I used Maguire's products but have concluded that Griot's are of a higher quality.

ElectrifyME

First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As stated by others, avoid car washes if possible. If not, only use touch less and prepare to detail it yourself afterwards. Or, buy a good foam cannon and associated power washer and quality products and do this:
Tell me about what we see here?? How and what? I find this intriguing

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Call me old school but I prefer the 2 bucket method of car washing. And I think it uses less water which is important out here in CA where water's been scarce for several years running now.

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Preiumn in DMG, AWD, ER and 1928 Model A Ford
Occupation
Retired Sales Representative
Country flag
I hand wash our MME, but winter is on the way and I will use our local car wash. Can someone explain the steps of going through a car wash?
Sponsored