Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GT
Occupation
Computer Programmer
Country flag
I'm a clean car fanatic - and agree with the OP that the Mach-e seems worse than most for holding water in trim....
I machine polished and ceramic coated mine in the first few days of ownership.
Even using a pet dryer does not adequately get rid of the hidden water, so the best solution I've found, is to hand dry, then go for a 5min drive, where you can get to 70MPH for a stretch.
Then, when you get home, you'll be able to wipe off the drips, before they dry and leave water marks.
Sponsored

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
How do y’all keep the back window clean though? After a car wash it’s always dirty because the water cannot go under the spoiler and it can’t get a good rinse. It drives me nuts.
Windex and a paper towel. Follow up with Rainex.

intoMME

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD Select w/Tech Pkg. Infinity Blue
Country flag
This...
https://shinesupply.com/collections/waterless-wash-wipe-downs
I have put 12,000 miles on my car and only washed it with a bucket and soap once. A couple ounces of this cleaner diluted with 32 oz of water in a spray bottle with some microfiber towels, and you're done. No streaking because there is no leftover water to run out of cracks. Also, you can clean one panel at a time, if you are in a hurry, or get interrupted. I have used this on all of my cars for years. I use the Eco Shine.

Last edited:

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Windex and a paper towel. Follow up with Rainex.
I've found "Invisible Glass" cleaner to be far superior to Windex and I use some microfiber towels for windows although I can't locate which vendor I used but the two most popular seem to be the rag company and chemical guys.

Flint302

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD, 2016 Audi A3
Occupation
Retired government
Country flag
https://rejex.com/

This is one of the best types of "polish" I've found and have been using it for about fifteen years. Rejex is big in the aviation industry to protect aircraft. An aircraft mechanic once turn me on to it--and I've used it solely ever since. I know a lot of "show car" enthusiasts also swear by it. It is kinda pricey; however, I found it around low twenties for 16 ounces on-line. I usually just shop around on-line for a few minutes--prices can vary widely.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
I highly recommend Turtle Wax's "Hybrid Solutions" line of products. The Ceramic Spray, in particular is excellent. Won't last as long as a professional ceramic coating application, but it last longer than traditional wax and it's super easy to apply.

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
I'm a clean car fanatic - and agree with the OP that the Mach-e seems worse than most for holding water in trim....
I machine polished and ceramic coated mine in the first few days of ownership.
Even using a pet dryer does not adequately get rid of the hidden water, so the best solution I've found, is to hand dry, then go for a 5min drive, where you can get to 70MPH for a stretch.
Then, when you get home, you'll be able to wipe off the drips, before they dry and leave water marks.
So true. It really boggles my mind how much water fits in the nooks and crannies under the rear windshield! And I use a friggin' leaf blower to dry my car. I can just stand there until my arms are ready to fall off and the water will NOT stop coming out of there!

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
https://rejex.com/

This is one of the best types of "polish" I've found and have been using it for about fifteen years. Rejex is big in the aviation industry to protect aircraft. An aircraft mechanic once turn me on to it--and I've used it solely ever since. I know a lot of "show car" enthusiasts also swear by it. It is kinda pricey; however, I found it around low twenties for 16 ounces on-line. I usually just shop around on-line for a few minutes--prices can vary widely.
Which product are you referring to, exactly?

islandboystan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 & 10 Prius, 15 Prius C, 09 CRV, MME ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi All. I'm having more trouble post car wash than with other cars. Seems like there's a lot of runoff and streaking that my car wash can't handle. Any tips?

IMG_3751.jpg
IMG_3751.jpg
IMG_3752.jpg
IMG_3753.jpg
IMG_3755.jpg
You went to a car wash and this is what you get. I would never ever do that! Take control of the situation and do it by hand.??

islandboystan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't go to car washes. I had a ceramic coating applied to the whole car and hand was. The coating makes it super easy to keep clean, bugs and other tough dirt easily come off.

You may not be in a situation where hand washing is easy for you, I would still suggest a ceramic coating
I agree. Could you recommend a particular product. I know there seem to be lots to choose from.

islandboystan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Agree. Either that or their blowers are not strong enough. I also have ceramic coating and hand wash however I don't have that issue after going through the touchless wash/dry when I need to.
Can you suggest a ceramic coating spray that works for you? ??

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I agree. Could you recommend a particular product. I know there seem to be lots to choose from.
I had a pro do mine. He uses Ceramic Pro. Check their website for someone close to you, or just google detailers in your area.........you should be able to find someone close to you. There are plenty of DIY products out there but I have not tried them

Flint302

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD, 2016 Audi A3
Occupation
Retired government
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do I Keep my Mach-e Clean? rejex

Sorry about the big picture--this is what I've been using. I haven't tried their other products; but, I may in the future.

joebruin77

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Tesla Model 3 Perf, '22 Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Can you suggest a ceramic coating spray that works for you? ??
I am a big fan of ceramic spray sealants and have tried many of them. Here are some I would recommend:

1) Griots Garage Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax. They call it 3-in-1 because it contains ceramic, carnauba wax, and synthetic polymers. In a recent youtube review on ScottHD, it was the most durable spray sealant, lasting at least 6 months.

2) Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Sealant - not quite as durable as the Griots but a solid choice.

3) Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray - Even though this is marketed as a detail spray, it acts more like a ceramic sealant. This is my current favorite. It can clean well AND it leaves behind some ceramic protection, it smells like pina colada, and it is a great value. I just bought a gallon on Amazon for $30.

I personally suggest you avoid any of the spray sealants that are mass marketed on social media such as F11 (super expensive and it gets degraded after one or two washes), Torque Detail Spray, and Nexgen. All of these products are expensive and perform worse than the cheaper ones mentioned above.
Sponsored