Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I don't think I've received a single update on my 9/21 Select Comfort Appearance Pkg build as far as I can tell.
Lucky. I wish I could say that.
If there was a way to turn off OTAs then I would do it. They have been complete misery so far.
Sponsored

Greddy1

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Grabber Blue First Editio
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
has anyone been successful with 2.7.3? I have shown the update on my app for 2 weeks now, tried to do schedule update function but it wont update on the car.....

newmme

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
If there was a way to turn off OTAs then I would do it. They have been complete misery so far.

Have you really been having OTA issues for a year? Have they gotten any better?

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to never miss a OTA software update! Screenshot_20220604-160659

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
🤷‍♂️ AFAIK I'm not missing any basic updates, so not seeing how it's a problem.
Lol cause you’re wrong about the schedule, it’s only for updates that require your car to be parked. It’s just a coincidence that your normal updates are going through at the same time.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Have you really been having OTA issues for a year? Have they gotten any better?

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to never miss a OTA software update! Screenshot_20220604-160659
Yep. This last batch was better. It didnt appear to break anything but now ACC does try and crash into the vehicle ahead under a certain condition. I hope that fixes itself soon. Some of the glitches that we experience after an update seem to correct themselves after a week or two. At least I dont get the "Stop Safely Now!" messages after the OTAs so that is a nice improvement.

So far there hasnt been an update that added anything meaningful to the car. Got a few games......not impressed. My car has definately NOT improved as time passes. If anything, I have features removed or permanently broken. One update added a front trunk button to the screen. Didnt work. Instead if fixing it in a future update, Ford just removed the button.

I dont think that is what people have in mind when they talk about updates. This is a great car that is let down by crappy software.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Lol cause you’re wrong about the schedule, it’s only for updates that require your car to be parked. It’s just a coincidence that your normal updates are going through at the same time.
Lol, I'll take lucky coincidence over problems receiving updates. 2.7.3 and all is fine.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Lol, I'll take lucky coincidence over problems receiving updates. 2.7.3 and all is fine.
That’s fine, I’m just saying you’re wrong about how the schedule feature works.

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
Why can't you set a schedule? Looks like you have the pencil icon to set one.

Did you connect your car to wifi?
Yes the pencil is there and I can get to the screen to set the schedule but it never saves whatever I choose. I seem to be in the “stuck” group.

MustThee?

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach Premium E
You likely have the 1.7.1 stuck issue and need to have your dealer perform the 22-2150 TSB.
Yes based on other responses, I must be in the stuck group. One dealer had the car three times and couldn’t resolve it. They say everything is done but I think it fails for them and they have no idea what to do. Tried another dealer who said they are not touching any more mach e’s as the last one they had was bricked and they don’t trust ford had resolved the issues. Called ford and they weren’t any help. So while I am getting ready to do my own updates via FDRS, I just could not resist asking ford after this post from them just sharing generic info.

Berth48

First Name
Arnauld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima hybride rechargeable. MME First Édition
Country flag
Never miss a software update!
  1. Set a recurring schedule: For more complex software updates, your vehicle cannot be driven during the installation (typically up to 1 hour). We recommend setting a recurring schedule for a time when your vehicle is not needed (like overnight).
  2. Confirm you have Automatic Updates ON: Most software updates happen in the background while you are driving as long as you have automatic updates toggled ON. This setting is ON by default but we ask that you check your settings screen to confirm.
Both actions can be completed from the settings screen in your vehicle. Click here for step by step instructions.

MORE INFO ADDED BY @flip at Bronco6G.com

Depending on the update the vehicle requires, there are two installation processes:

Driveable Updates
  • Some updates can complete seamlessly in the background. They replace a part of software without impacting the rest of the system
  • SYNC 4 Technology is fully functional while the update is downloading
  • If the Automatic Updates are On, a message will appear in the in-vehicle touchscreen informing the driver of the update and if Wi-Fi is required
  • If Automatic Updates are Off, a message will appear on the in-vehicle touchscreen asking the driver to confirm the update and if Wi‑Fi is required
  • The update will automatically complete in the background. If consent or a Wi‑Fi connection is required, an icon will appear in the touchscreen's upper status bar
  • When the vehicle is restarted, an "Update Successful" icon will appear on the in-vehicle touchscreen. The customer can tap the notification icon to read details about the update or view details on the FordPass App or owner.ford.com
  • If the update fails or if Ford decides to revert to a previous software version, the system will go back to its previous version. Customers will be notified if the update fails, expires or is canceled in-vehicle
Non-driveable Updates
  • The majority of Ford Power-Up software updates will be considered non-driveable updates (parked with the ignition off). This means that the update will erase the system or module and replace it with the latest version of the software
  • The vehicle will not be driveable during this time and the update may take up to 45 minutes to complete. Any updates that may require the vehicle to be parked can be scheduled to take place when customers find it most convenient
  • When a recurring schedule is set, customers will receive an in-vehicle reminder notification at first key cycle within 24 hours of the update. The vehicle will display another notification two minutes before the update begins
  • Scheduling is required to ensure that the updates occur at a convenient time when the customer chooses and when the vehicle is not in use
    • If the vehicle is in use, the system will not update and will automatically postpone to the next scheduled time. Customers will receive a notification that the update was unsuccessful
    • If the vehicle is not in use, a “Preparing Updates” message will appear in the in-vehicle touchscreen and a two-minute countdown will begin. Customers will be prompted to exit the vehicle and lock it, as it will be disarmed during the updates
    • Preconditions may be required for certain updates. If the preconditions are not met, the customer will be notified and the update will not complete
  • When the vehicle is restarted, an "Update Successful" icon will appear in the in-vehicle touchscreen. The customer can tap the notification icon to read details about the updates
  • Customers can also check the status of an update in their FordPass App or on owner.ford.com

Manual Update System Details
Non-driveable Updates
NOTE:
If Automatic Updates are Off, updates are not installed automatically and require the customer to review and approve each update. The vehicle may require important Ford Power-Up software updates, therefore, this method is not recommended.
  • When a new update is available, the customer will see an icon on the in-vehicle touchscreen status bar. To review the update, tap the icon for details to proceed
  • Once the update is reviewed, a notification will appear on the in-vehicle touchscreen with information about how long the installation will take. After that, an "Update Ready Install" icon is accessible on the status bar
  • The driver can tap "Update" on the in-vehicle touchscreen to begin installation
  • If the vehicle is not in use, a “Preparing Updates” message will appear in the in-vehicle touchscreen and a two-minute countdown will begin. Customers will be prompted to exit the vehicle and lock it, as it will be disarmed during non-driveable updates
  • Preconditions may be required for certain updates. If the preconditions are not met, the customer will be notified and the update will not complete
  • If the updates were completed successfully, an "Update Successful" icon will appear on the in-vehicle touchscreen when the vehicle is restarted. The customer can click the notification icon to read details about the update
  1. Set a recurring schedule: For more complex software updates, your vehicle cannot be driven during the installation (typically up to 1 hour). We recommend setting a recurring schedule for a time when your vehicle is not needed (like overnight).
  2. Confirm you have Automatic Updates ON: Most software updates happen in the background while you are driving as long as you have automatic updates toggled ON. This setting is ON by default but we ask that you check your settings screen to confirm.
Both actions can be completed from the settings screen in your vehicle. Click here for step by step instructions.

Depending on the update the vehicle requires, there are two installation processes:

Driveable Updates
  • Some updates can complete seamlessly in the background. They replace a part of software without impacting the rest of the system
  • If the Automatic Updates are On, a message will appear in the in-vehicle touchscreen informing the driver of the update and if Wi-Fi is required
  • If Automatic Updates are Off, a message will appear on the in-vehicle touchscreen asking the driver to confirm the update and if Wi‑Fi is required
  • The update will automatically complete in the background. If consent or a Wi‑Fi connection is required, an icon will appear in the touchscreen's upper status bar
  • When the vehicle is restarted, an "Update Successful" icon will appear on the in-vehicle touchscreen. The customer can tap the notification icon to read details about the update or view details on the FordPass App or owner.ford.com
  • If the update fails or if Ford decides to revert to a previous software version, the system will go back to its previous version. Customers will be notified if the update fails, expires or is canceled in-vehicle
Non-driveable Updates
  • The majority of Ford Power-Up software updates will be considered non-driveable updates (parked with the ignition off). This means that the update will erase the system or module and replace it with the latest version of the software
  • The vehicle will not be driveable during this time and the update may take up to 45 minutes to complete. Any updates that may require the vehicle to be parked can be scheduled to take place when customers find it most convenient
  • When a recurring schedule is set, customers will receive an in-vehicle reminder notification at first key cycle within 24 hours of the update. The vehicle will display another notification two minutes before the update begins
  • Scheduling is required to ensure that the updates occur at a convenient time when the customer chooses and when the vehicle is not in use
    • If the vehicle is in use, the system will not update and will automatically postpone to the next scheduled time. Customers will receive a notification that the update was unsuccessful
    • If the vehicle is not in use, a “Preparing Updates” message will appear in the in-vehicle touchscreen and a two-minute countdown will begin. Customers will be prompted to exit the vehicle and lock it, as it will be disarmed during the updates
  • When the vehicle is restarted, an "Update Successful" icon will appear in the in-vehicle touchscreen. The customer can tap the notification icon to read details about the updates
  • Customers can also check the status of an update in their FordPass App or on owner.ford.com

Non-driveable Updates
NOTE:
If Automatic Updates are Off, updates are not installed automatically and require the customer to review and approve each update. The vehicle may require important Ford Power-Up software updates, therefore, this method is not recommended.
  • When a new update is available, the customer will see an icon on the in-vehicle touchscreen status bar. To review the update, tap the icon for details to proceed
  • Once the update is reviewed, a notification will appear on the in-vehicle touchscreen with information about how long the installation will take. After that, an "Update Ready Install" icon is accessible on the status bar
  • The driver can tap "Update" on the in-vehicle touchscreen to begin installation
  • If the vehicle is not in use, a “Preparing Updates” message will appear in the in-vehicle touchscreen and a two-minute countdown will begin. Customers will be prompted to exit the vehicle and lock it, as it will be disarmed during non-driveable updates
  • If the updates were completed successfully, an "Update Successful" icon will appear on the in-vehicle touchscreen when the vehicle is restarted. The customer can click the notification icon to read details about the update
Pourquoi en Europe (France) sommes nous encore à la mise à jour OTA 2.1.0 ? Vraiment très en retard par rapport aux USA.
Pour information avant cette mise à jour effectuée par mon concessionnaire j'avais le bluecruise et depuis il a disparu. Merci pour vos réponses.

intoMME

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD Select w/Tech Pkg. Infinity Blue
Country flag
How about an option to revert to a previous software version? I liked when my car was new and had working functions for automatic emergency braking and cruise control. My "update" gave me a couple of games to play while I am parked, but took away two safety features of my car. Oh, and the dealer cannot fix it...brilliant.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Debbie_Downer.png

blackjack99

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E
Occupation
Operator
Country flag

Driveable Updates
Non-driveable Updates

Non-driveable Updates
NOTE:
Do "non-drivable" updates require cellular service or WIFI? My MME is scheduled for delivery sometime in August so I have zero experience with OTA updates at the moment. My neighborhood has poor cellular service and I will have to come up with an alternative if the updates are ONLY delivered by cellular service. Appreciate your responses.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag