How to temporarily charge to 100% without wifi/cellular?

evancox10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Hi all,
I'm trying to charge my mach e to 100% tonight for a long road trip tomorrow. Normally it is programmed to only charge to 90% at home. I had seen an option in Ford Pass to "Charge to 100%", but is this possible to do directly from the vehicle? Here's the kicker: my charger is located in a shared parking garage 3 stories underground with no possibility of cellular or wifi connection. There is no way for Ford Pass to communicate with the car via the internet to know it's charging, tell it to charge to 100%, etc.

What is the best way to get it to charge to 100% just for one time? I couldn't find anything in the vehicle to make it do it, and there was no option in Ford Pass when connected over Bluetooth. Ii had read that if you plug-unplug-plug the cable in it should do this, is that correct? Any other way?

Thanks in advance!

-Evan
Sponsored

snowy_91

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Ice Blue GT Performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Turn off locations, that will charge it to 100%

OP
OP

evancox10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So, no way to to do this temporarily so that I don't have to come back and mess with car settings?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
So, no way to to do this temporarily so that I don't have to come back and mess with car settings?
No.

I think the easiest way is to set it to “Charged when plugged in.” This ignores all other settings.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
For next time. Ask a computer technician if your Wi-Fi signal can be amplified to reach your car.

Maybe you could wire an antenna?
Sponsored