Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I want to let everybody know that the recall software update was specifically to satisfy the NTSB so a user of the vehicle could get it off the highway it was not meant as a fix.I think people get confused by that and Ford has not done a good job communicating that.
Sponsored

chrisGT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-e GT
Country flag
I want to let everybody know that the recall software update was specifically to satisfy the NTSB so a user of the vehicle could get it off the highway it was not meant as a fix.I think people get confused by that and Ford has not done a good job communicating that.
I agree with you but the software release notes say that it protects the components from excessive heat. So the software is not doing what Ford says it does.
Screenshot_20220911-085658_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Trim: GT
Second Failure

Timeline:

August 27, 2022 - HVBJB failure
August 27, 2022 - Towed to dealer
August 29, 2022 - Repair order opened at dealer and vehicle checked in
*Waited 7 days for BEV tech to diagnose the car* - Dealer was understaffed due to holiday week.
September 6, 2022 - Diagnosis Confirmed
September 6, 2022 - Parts expedited through Ford Case # & BEV Team
September 9, 2022 - Parts arrive & installed same day
September 10, 2022 - Car repaired and back on the road

Last edited:

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I agree with you but the software release notes say that it protects the components from excessive heat. So the software is not doing what Ford says it does.
Ford Mustang Mach-E HVBJB, BECM repair turnaround times - Data Collection Screenshot_20220911-085658_Gallery
It won't prevent it from happening. It will warn you before it gets so bad the cars on drivable I'll be sure to get it to where it needs to go to get fixed before you turn it off. My wife drives mine and I am giving her procedures to make sure she backs in the parking spaces and nose to call me when she gets that notice and not to shut the car off.

MachEGTPilot

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350 DRW, 2020 Escape Hybrid, 2021 MachE GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It won't prevent it from happening. It will warn you before it gets so bad the cars on drivable I'll be sure to get it to where it needs to go to get fixed before you turn it off. My wife drives mine and I am giving her procedures to make sure she backs in the parking spaces and nose to call me when she gets that notice and not to shut the car off.
A week after we had the recall applied ours died in the middle of the road with no warning or chance to drive to a dealer in limp mode..