Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What does the scheduling lead time look like? Are dealers typically booking a few weeks out? A month out?
Waiting for call but service said it takes 4 days to get part. Our area has very few GT sold and only saw 1 GTPE and a couple of other trims. Now on the other hand teslas are everywhere with a showroom only 9 miles from us.
Sponsored

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Me dealer did t say anything about priority and dint seem to care

asked me when after next week, I said Jan 4th, all booked
Same. It’s the difference between being theoretical vs practical. Dealers are selling their capacity on a first come first served. No one gains anything if GT owners don’t go looking to get their cars fixed first. I took an empty time slot that will likely not get filled by a GT.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
My dealer called me this morning stating they have the part. They were totally proactive - no prompting on my part.

But they don’t have the battery removal tooling. It’s supposed to ship to them right after the holidays.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
My dealer was happy to schedule for Jan 8th, no mention of priority, for my '21 Job 1 AWD ER. The appointment lists quite the laundry list (and I'm finally getting my glass recalls done!). Two day rental coverage, though in this case it is through the local Enterprise which is two blocks away, and they scheduled with me separately. Hopefully that is enough time given the amount of work needed.

Recall or Factory Campaign
21S42 PANORAMIC ROOF GLASS RESEAL

Factory Recall/Campaign
21C22 WINDSHIELD GLASS RESEAL

Factory Recall/Campaign
23B50 CHARGE CORD STUCK REPROGRAM BATTERY CHARGE CONTROL MODULE

ADVANCE RECALL/CAMPAIGN
22P31 REPLACE THE ELECTRONIC PARKING BRAKE HARNESS CONNECTOR

FACTORY RECALL/CAMPAIGN
23S56 HIGH VOLTAGE BATTERY JUNCTION BOX HVBJB REPLACEMENT AND POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE PCM, BATTERY ENERGY CONTROL MODULE BECM, AND SECONDARY ON-BOARD DIAGNOSTIC CONTROL MODULE C SOBDMC SOFTWARE UPDATE

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
But they don’t have the battery removal tooling. It’s supposed to ship to them right after the holidays.
Really?! The deadline to have all the service tools was more than a year ago. Is this the first HVBJB they've done?

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Country flag
Really?! The deadline to have all the service tools was more than a year ago. Is this the first HVBJB they've done?
Brings up the question whether any Ford dealer can do this work after January 1st or only those "still" in the EV program. Will those that pulled out, sell/trade/ship specialized equipment to other dealers still in the program.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Brings up the question whether any Ford dealer can do this work after January 1st or only those "still" in the EV program. Will those that pulled out, sell/trade/ship specialized equipment to other dealers still in the program.
Non Model e dealers can still do safety recalls after Jan 1st as long as they still have an EV certified technician on hand to do the work. They have to buy the equipment themselves. All the Model e certified dealers are supposed to have all their specialized EV equipment on hand months ago. They only have a few days left or they won't be able to sell EVs anymore.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
It will be the first. I think they only service 2 MMEs besides mine.

katumba1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Infinite Blue, 2018 Expedition
Country flag
Thanks for posting! Got mine scheduled for Tues. Will be nice to get this taken care of and not worry about it anymore.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Called today and they scheduled me for the 28th of December.
Can you let me know how it goes and who you used? Wondering if I should take to AutoNation St. Pete or someone else

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I’m seeing a lot of posts in here scheduled but no one chiming in to say how it went?

OP
OP

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mine goes in Thursday but I found out that the dealership is waiting for special jacks. Looks like they haven’t done a HVBJB change before and this is a large dealership.

the saga continues.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I’m seeing a lot of posts in here scheduled but no one chiming in to say how it went?
Went great. Got it in on Tuesday 12/26. Got it back Wednesday morning. They did no more than 5 hours worth of work and let it charge to 100% over night. So far so good.