Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
So a quick follow up on this...

Last night I actually saw another Mach-E. Met it on a 50mph road, so I did a quick wave.

Then I realized I was driving our ICE vehicle and probably left the poor Mach-E driver wondering why some rando was waving at them.
They always look at me weird. Black dog, and all. 🤪🐩

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
When encountering another Mach E I often just tap the emergency blinkers for a couple of cycles to wave with all four sequential lights.

At closer range, how about proudly yelling "That's not a Mustang"?
Well, it’s not. It’s a Mustang Mach-E. 😅🐩

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag

Ottuso

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach e premium AWD
Occupation
Professor Emeritus
Country flag
I gave a woman the peace sign, and she half-returned it!

curtisfinney

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V60, Subaru Forestor, 2023 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag
I think the demographics of who buys a Mach E is much wider than who buys a Corvette or other niche car with a that comes with the expectation of an insider wave. Could also be a generational thing. I only wave when I see someone I know.

curtisfinney

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V60, Subaru Forestor, 2023 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag
Most are too busy staring at their GOM obsessing over how they're getting screwed on range.
I have a 2023 and I’ve never understood the compulsion to call at a guess o meter. My experience that it’s pretty consistent in how it works - the algorithm doesn’t have a random number generator built into it. With that said, I totally understand why when you go on a long trip that it is very conservative at the beginning and has a lower target for your range estimate and it provides a better estimate as you go along.

RosemarieS.

First Name
Frisky Filly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have so many ideas, but the best one is: GANGNUM STYLE! If you recall, it's a video about horses and cars, I think. There are two hand gestures: When stopped safely, cross your wrists and bounce up and down like you are riding a horse! while driving, put your right arm above your head and twirl your hand around like throwing a lariat. I'm going to start doing this now. See you on the road!

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I've ridden a LOT of horses. Never once did I
giphy.gif

Jppumper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1st car: 1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E X Premium
Occupation
Retired Master Certified Heavy Truck Technician
Country flag
As I pulled into my local breakfast restaurant in Seminole Florida this morning, I saw a similar white MME parked in front. As I pulled in, I saw a table of 4 sitting outside and staring at my MME. As I exited my car a lady parked next to me started asking me about my car. As usual, she did not know that Mustang MME was a total electric. She liked what she saw.
I approached the table of four and asked who owned the MME? A guy volunteered and I put out my hand to shake and said congratulations. We chatted for a few minutes. His was a 22 and I could see the Suttle differences between the two. Not much, the black around the "grill" was different and he had the grey wheels. I wished him luck and thought that it was a nice way to start the day.

Calledlisag

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 528i, 540i
Occupation
Dir. of Philanthropy
Country flag
I traded in my Challenger for my Mach and the one thing I miss is the "wave". Every Challenger that passed me while driving it made a simple gesture . A wave or a thumbs up or a peace sign. So very cool . Jeep has a similar thing.
I say we do something along those lines. We're a select few at the moment so coming across another Mach driver should be a small thrill. We should acknowledge the other drivers good taste in vehicle purchase and they should recognize ours . It's not like we're everywhere like Teslas .
Who's with me ?
I have a neighbor in my development who has the exact same model and color as my Mach.She REFUSES to even wave hello as we pass. I don't know why but it makes me mad.

Ford Mustang Mach-E I propose a Mach E wave or "acknowledgment " giphy
Love this! Since I got my Ruby I have been doing a little wave to any other MME's I see whether they see me or not. It should def be a thing. :)

leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
I got passed by a GT this afternoon on Hwy 50 in Sacramento and got an enthusiastic wave. They got a slight wave and a smile, but I was more enthusiastic inside.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
When they were significantly less common around here, the excitement was far more to see another one. Now that they are almost commonplace, no one in an MME notices or acknowledges each other. This honestly was never really a club.
Sponsored