Raza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mache Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Glad to hear you are safe and wishing you a speedy recovery from any after affects. Looks like there was rain and wet roads that caused the mishap because most drivers don’t adjust their driving habits when the weather changes. Your car warns you about snow or ice on the road, and maybe it’s time it does that same for rain as well.
Sponsored

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So glad you’re ok.

metal in most American amd German cars are pretty thick compared to some others.

I’ve been in a couple of bad ones in an X3, other Japanese car didn’t do so well and neither did the deer.

take some Advil or something stronger in advance to help reduce some of the stiffness before it happens.

take care and be well

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Glad you walked away!!! Curious, did the other driver Run a Red light or was he on the phone? Who was ticketed?

ADDZ71

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER AWD (sold) 22 MME GT (Del 5/22)
Occupation
Lithium expert
Country flag
I think that will buff out!

On a serious note, good to see the integrity of the cabin structure with that hard a hit. A Land Rover probably weighs in the 5500-6000 lb range and at 45 mph that would be a very hard hit to both vehicles. How was the other driver?

OP
OP

Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
Glad to hear you are safe and wishing you a speedy recovery from any after affects. Looks like there was rain and wet roads that caused the mishap because most drivers don’t adjust their driving habits when the weather changes. Your car warns you about snow or ice on the road, and maybe it’s time it does that same for rain as well.
Thanks - The other driver seemed okay, but once emergency services were on scene (only 3-4 min after the accident) I didn’t get to speak to him again.

Howard

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Select AWD DMG & '23 Premium RWD ER CG Mach E
Country flag
Sorry to hear this happened but glad you are ok. Take care of yourself and don't hesitate to go to doctor if you get to feeling worse.

Mr.GVAK

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Select - Star White
Country flag
Wow! That is a nasty hit. Glad that you are ok.

Last edited:

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" - Rapid Red Mach E AWD EXTD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
First of all, I want to thank the engineers at Ford who designed the Mustang Mach E. It saved my life today. The anti-intrusion beams in the doors and the incredible stiffness of the chassis did their jobs - and then some.

The other car - a Land Rover Discovery - hit me broadside at about 45 mph. The airbags in my car deployed, of course, and by the time I had my wits about me again, I unbuckled my seat belt, moved the side air curtain out of the way, and got out of the car. Except for some stiffness and probably soreness tomorrow, I’m unharmed.

My car is probably totaled - I’ll know more in the next few days. Top of my list for my next car is another Mach E. I’ve said since the first day I had one that it was the best car I’ve ever owned. Today it showed me why it was even better than I’d imagined.

IMG_3366.jpeg

IMG_3365.jpeg
Glad you are ok - that was one hell of a smash., Just shows how strong our MME’s are (thank goodness). I suspect that your one is a write off - do let us know.

Flint302

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD, 2016 Audi A3
Occupation
Retired government
Country flag
That looks like it will buff right out. Seriously, glad you're good.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Glad to hear you are ok, cars can always be replaced! The good news is Ford dealers are loaded with new MME’s and deals can be had. The bad news, your Mach E is worth a lot less than you like so insurance settlement may not be too pleasing to you!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Glad you’re OK. Sorry this had to happen. I hope you stay feeling well and can get this wrapped up with insurance soon. Maybe you can get an orange one to replace it. 😱🐩

Alutacon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Perf
Country flag
Sorry you got hit, but glad you're largely uninjured.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
First of all, I want to thank the engineers at Ford who designed the Mustang Mach E. It saved my life today. The anti-intrusion beams in the doors and the incredible stiffness of the chassis did their jobs - and then some.

The other car - a Land Rover Discovery - hit me broadside at about 45 mph. The airbags in my car deployed, of course, and by the time I had my wits about me again, I unbuckled my seat belt, moved the side air curtain out of the way, and got out of the car. Except for some stiffness and probably soreness tomorrow, I’m unharmed.

My car is probably totaled - I’ll know more in the next few days. Top of my list for my next car is another Mach E. I’ve said since the first day I had one that it was the best car I’ve ever owned. Today it showed me why it was even better than I’d imagined.

IMG_3366.jpeg

IMG_3365.jpeg
wow, unbelievable that glass didn't even break!
glad you are ok...

certainly a vote for ***** crash safety rating

I'll be very interested to hear if they total the vehicle, or what the salvage buy-back cost would be.... so many parts off the car could be stripped and sold for repairs. Freaking headlights cost close to $1000 each!

Nikos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Must GT, 21MME AWD, 22 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Country flag

IMG_3366.jpeg

IMG_3365.jpeg
Sick to my stomach looking at this mess. The window is still intact.
Glad your okay. I have the same feeling. The best Mustang I ever owned. Take care and good luck.

OP
OP

Njia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape Hybrid, Mach-E Prem/AWD/Standard Battery
Country flag
Sick to my stomach looking at this mess. The window is still intact.
Glad your okay. I have the same feeling. The best Mustang I ever owned. Take care and good luck.
Thank you!
Sponsored