Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Select AWD SR Comfort/Tech Rapid Red
Country flag
Update:

I actually got an email response from the EA team:

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your feedback is very valuable to us.

Out team investigated and it appears there was a data issue with the driver behavior data. Our team has gone ahead and corrected the learning and your range should now be more accurate.

We appreciate you sharing your feedback and please continue to do so in case you encounter any further issues.

Thanks You!

IR Team”
I also got the same response (the same day I emailed).

I charged that night, and so far (between yesterday and this morning), I haven't seen the mystery range drop that I had for the last several charges. I'll have to wait and see if that continues. Frankly, with my driving pattern, I don't really expect Intelligent Range to make adjustment all that often.
Sponsored

MachEbh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium RWD ext battery
Country flag
Update:

Out team investigated and it appears there was a data issue with the driver behavior data. Our team has gone ahead and corrected the learning and your range should now be more accurate.

We appreciate you sharing your feedback and please continue to do so in case you encounter any further issues.

Thanks You!

IR Team”
Can you let me know how you contacted the EA team? I have tried with no success. I have the large range drop too for weather, and as I live in San Diego I don’t believe it’s accurate. Thanks.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Can you let me know how you contacted the EA team? I have tried with no success. I have the large range drop too for weather, and as I live in San Diego I don’t believe it’s accurate. Thanks.
The GOM is known for being inaccurate, so you are probably fine.

I do not believe I have Intelligent Range yet, and my GOM has been pretty accurate based on how I drive. Others have reported big discrepancies, even before Intelligent Range got involved.

You are not alone.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
Just got an email to do a survey on this. The estimates are still super bogus. At 85% the car says 156 miles, even if I multiply a pretty conservative 2.5 mi/kwh to my battery at 85% it would be 193 miles. And I'm in socal where there is certainly no cold weather factors.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Update:

Thanks You!

IR Team”
Driver behavior data, interesting…

My figure has also improved the past few days after 3.5.2 but it’s still short of my long-term average. About 25 miles low instead of 50 miles low. It is colder today so maybe it’s actually accurate again.

Last edited:

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Just got an email to do a survey on this. The estimates are still super bogus. At 85% the car says 156 miles, even if I multiply a pretty conservative 2.5 mi/kwh to my battery at 85% it would be 193 miles. And I'm in socal where there is certainly no cold weather factors.
I just got a survey for EA but it was about texting and driving

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
The absolute worst thing about intelligent (or lack of) range is when charging at DCFC.

Here's an example that has happened to me:
  1. I need 200 miles to get home
  2. I DCFC and my car says I have 220mi of charge, so I unplug
  3. Drive 500ft and get an Intelligent Range notification that I have 180mi now
Something really has to be done to fix this. Maybe include your range estimates when charging? When this happened to me, I was not a happy camper and had a few choice words for Ford.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The absolute worst thing about intelligent (or lack of) range is when charging at DCFC.

Something really has to be done to fix this. Maybe include your range estimates when charging? When this happened to me, I was not a happy camper and had a few choice words for Ford.
Yep. I still use ABRP to plan for trips and tell me how much to charge where and it's always much closer to reality, and still has buffer built in.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Yep. I still use ABRP to plan for trips and tell me how much to charge where and it's always much closer to reality, and still has buffer built in.
I think you missed the point. If I know my house is 200 miles away and the car says I have 220 miles while I'm charging, then drops to 180 when I leave the charger there's an issue. I'm not talking about planning routes across the country. I'm talking about what I know I need because I drive it weekly.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think you missed the point. If I know my house is 200 miles away and the car says I have 220 miles while I'm charging, then drops to 180 when I leave the charger there's an issue. I'm not talking about planning routes across the country. I'm talking about what I know I need because I drive it weekly.
Yep I got the point. While charging I will plug into ABRP my location and my end destination and play with percentages to see where I need to charge to to get to the destination. That's how much I don't trust the built in nav.

notaek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag

Yup - I specifically stated this issue in the feedback request too.

Everyone - please take the time to fill it out.

lemmyslender

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Select AWD SR Comfort/Tech Rapid Red
Country flag
I'm going to ask here, but I don't know if it's related to intelligent range, so it might be better to break-off into another post.

Recently (since mid-July), I started tracking my efficiency. Basically, charging once a week, taking the difference in SOC multiply by my battery (68kw) to get kw used, divide the miles driven by that number. I'm comparing to the numbers I get from Trip 1, which I reset every charge. These numbers should match pretty closely, but I've been off 0.3-0.6 mpkw low when calculating.

For instance: I drove 103.8 miles (per odometer and Trip 1). SOC went from 89%-42%. Doing the math, this gives 3.25mpkw. Trip 1 shows 3.7mpkw. (Individual trips would tend towards the 3.7 average). Pretty substantial differnce.

I had done this back in Jan-Mar and the results were pretty close. Anyone else seeing anything similar?

I did mention it when I emailed Early Access.
Sponsored