Hgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue MME XR RWD
Occupation
Professional Mom
Country flag
For those who have seen the MME in person, do you think there is room for 2 large breed dogs (55-75 lbs) with the rear seats folded down? For a visual, use a lab or german shepherd. Or do you think there would only be room for one? Any other pros/cons to consider? If there is another post similar to this, please share. I searched the forum before posting and did not really see anything. Thanks!!
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
For those who have seen the MME in person, do you think there is room for 2 large breed dogs (55-75 lbs) with the rear seats folded down? For a visual, use a lab or german shepherd. Or do you think there would only be room for one? Any other pros/cons to consider? If there is another post similar to this, please share. I searched the forum before posting and did not really see anything. Thanks!!
With the back seats down, I think definitely room for 2. There's at least 30 inches from the top of the backseats to the roof when folded down, and that height continues rearward for at least 36-40 inches toward the back. Years ago I had an 80 pound rottweiler and a 80+ pound (fat) golden retriever, and both of them fit in the backseats of my 87 mustang hatchback with the seats up. They would have fit with the seats down too, but the golden was too old and fat to climb up onto the folded rear seat.

OP
OP
Hgray

Hgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Mom
Country flag
With the back seats down, I think definitely room for 2. There's at least 30 inches from the top of the backseats to the roof when folded down, and that height continues rearward for at least 36-40 inches toward the back. Years ago I had an 80 pound rottweiler and a 80+ pound (fat) golden retriever, and both of them fit in the backseats of my 87 mustang hatchback with the seats up. They would have fit with the seats down too, but the golden was too old and fat to climb up onto the folded rear seat.

Thank you!! Your response is encouraging! I will get to see a Mach-E in early December with the Tour comes through.

JTK44

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
I agree 100% with Timbop: Saw the MME in person last Thursday.

IMO, no problem with two dogs and the rear seats down.

The space, again imo, is very similar to a Ford Escape.

OP
OP
Hgray

Hgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Mom
Country flag
I agree 100% with Timbop: Saw the MME in person last Thursday.

IMO, no problem with two dogs and the rear seats down.

The space, again imo, is very similar to a Ford Escape.
JTK44, This is exactly what I was hoping for similar in size to the Escape. I had one from 2013-2016 before I got the F-150. Thank you!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Absolutely!

@kWhpony

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Premium RWD ER
Occupation
Retired technology professional
Country flag
Earlier this week we took our 2 greyhounds to the local groomer to get their nails trimmed and used our 2018 Lincoln MKC. Cargo space behind front seat is 53 cubic feet. Our male is 84 lbs and female is 74 lbs now that they've adapted to home life instead of the race track and kennel life. While not necessarily having ample head room as they would in our Ford Edge, they had plenty of space and after just leaving the driveway, both laid down with plenty of room to spare in the back.

The MME has nearly 60 cubic ft. of space so they should be quite comfortable for our trip to the Phoenix area when we hope to enter semi-retirement in Dec 2021. I'm anxious to see the road trip test results when Kyle posts them on the Out of Spec YouTube channel.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Earlier this week we took our 2 greyhounds to the local groomer to get their nails trimmed and used our 2018 Lincoln MKC. Cargo space behind front seat is 53 cubic feet. Our male is 84 lbs and female is 74 lbs now that they've adapted to home life instead of the race track and kennel life. While not necessarily having ample head room as they would in our Ford Edge, they had plenty of space and after just leaving the driveway, both laid down with plenty of room to spare in the back.

The MME has nearly 60 cubic ft. of space so they should be quite comfortable for our trip to the Phoenix area when we hope to enter semi-retirement in Dec 2021. I'm anxious to see the road trip test results when Kyle posts them on the Out of Spec YouTube channel.
Yes but his dogs even ride in an i3!

OP
OP
Hgray

Hgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Mom
Country flag

I got to see the Mach-E this week. The rear hatch max entry height is 26 inches. You gain a few more inches near the center due to the panoramic roof. The max height through ear rear door is about 24 inches (if I am remembering correctly). There is a small gap in the flooring between the cargo area and rear folded seats. You can also gain a few more inches if the lower the cargo area floor. But that does create a few inches gap between the cargo area floor and folded rear seats. I have large breed dogs and think it is very doable.

Franchise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Outlander GT PHEV, 2021 e-tron premium plus
Country flag
Think 2 100lb ridgebacks would fit (short trips only) with back seats down
Sponsored

Last edited: