Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

I keep posting stuff like this to show all EVs, just like ICE vehicles, have all sorts of issues. Impressive it will only take two weeks though.
Sponsored

superlarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2023 California Rt 1 Edition
Country flag
No matter what you buy, you might have issues. The way the company responds to that issue is what makes good service!

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I keep posting stuff like this to show all EVs, just like ICE vehicles, have all sorts of issues.
I'm sure everyone here has their own experiences. Mine have all been with Audi and VW for the past 15 years and I've had 6 Audi's and 2 VW's. The longest one of those cars was ever worked on was 2 days with a transmission failure on the 1st VW at 60k. I had an Audi that was out for a week, but we won't talk about that because I caused it (doesn't count).

The MME is going on 2 months total (17 months of ownership) where it's been undriveable. Out of 15 years buying new cars this one has the other 8 combined beat in days of innoperability.

Like I said, everyone has their own story, but for me, this car is a mess and frankly driving a car I don't trust to get me more than 15 miles is not fun anymore.

Maybe they'll come out with an OTA fix like Ford.
A fix? Laughable!

OP
OP
Logal727

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I'm sure everyone here has their own experiences. Mine have all been with Audi and VW for the past 15 years and I've had 6 Audi's and 2 VW's. The longest one of those cars was ever worked on was 2 days with a transmission failure on the 1st VW at 60k. I had an Audi that was out for a week, but we won't talk about that because I caused it (doesn't count).

The MME is going on 2 months total (15 months of ownership) where it's been undriveable. Out of 15 years buying new cars this one has the other 8 combined beat in days of innoperability.

Like I said, everyone has their own story, but for me, this car is a mess and frankly driving a car I don't trust to get me more than 15 miles is not fun anymore.

A fix? Laughable!
This wasn’t a defense of the Mach-E but all EVs are having similar issues right now. EVs are so dependent on one specific part like the battery pack that you can’t just limp along like you can in an ICE, so you’ve got fewer points of failure but those points are catastrophic when they do fail. And of course every experience will be anecdotal, it sucks that you’re having more issues too.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag

The MME is going on 2 months total (17 months of ownership) where it's been undriveable. Out of 15 years buying new cars this one has the other 8 combined beat in days of innoperability.

A fix? Laughable!
I was being sarcastic.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have already written in a couple places on this forum about the charge fault, power train malfunction and high voltage battery warning.

turns out it (I think) was my Autel charger that was two software updates behind , even though set to automatic. I updated it and seems to be working fine.

my wife’s response was (after bringing it to dealer for 3rd time in 5 weeks, cruise control module failure, low 12v battery and now the above issues) that enough was enough. She has no confidence in not just the car but EV’s in general.

my point is that many things can go wrong not just with the car itself. In this case looks like the EVSE. My wife on her own would never had known to do a reset. Quite frankly if @Mach-Lee didn’t mention it to me, I wouldn’t have thought about it so quickly.

EV’s just aren’t for everyone but Ford doesn’t help itself or EV’s in general with their lousy so called “fix” on the HVBJB.

although my car was ”only” in the shop for a week with the CCM (and compared to many people , that’s nothing) , I have never had a car in the last 30 years in the shop for a week with a problem. Most cars don’t have any issues and if they do get fixed quickly.

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
On the bright side, they were able to get a loaner from Hyundai.
Sponsored