Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Reviews are glowing for the Ioniq5 which I would never considered cause it looks ugly but reviews love everything about it.

Sponsored

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Still amazed by the overly positive reviews. This should force Ford, Tesla, and VW to keep prices lower. Ioniq 5 is cheaper and apparently the "new standard to judge EVs by"

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Reviews are glowing for the Ioniq5 which I would never considered cause it looks ugly but reviews love everything about it.

It looks ugly to you, looks are subjective.

I think it looks really different and futuristic, but not entirely sporty. That’s why I like the Mustang, for its sporty design. The EV6 seems to be the sporty version of the Ioniq 5.

monolith10101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier
Country flag
It’s absolutely a competitor for the Mach-E. They’re similarly sized 4-doors with hatches in the same price range. If it was available when we needed to buy, we would have heavily considered it. I would be quite pleased with the IONIQ 5’s quick charging and ventilated seats. Pluses for the Mach-E are more storage in the rear and frunk, which is not trivial.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Most of the time when they fly reviewers in, it's glow time. It's very rare that they do this and the reviewers say it sucks.

Now, there can be 2 reasons for this, a) they only bring the reviewers in when it's a good vehicle or b) the reviewers will never see another car if they criticize it.

I suspect it's a good vehicle, however. But if you think the markups are bad with Ford dealers you've never seen a Hyundai dealer. Pushing Tuscon's at $50K, well, you get the idea.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Most of the time when they fly reviewers in, it's glow time. It's very rare that they do this and the reviewers say it sucks.
Yeah... no.

Motormouth wasn't positive on the Model Y nor Mach-E. I was fully expecting a negative review but they barely had criticisms except for pricing in Canada.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I feel like the Ioniq is being overhyped. Also, some of the real world charge rate testing on the euro models has been less than impressive. That said, I will give them credit for some innovative ideas.
The European Ioniq 5 has a smaller 72kWh pack which impacts the range a bit. Sounds like Hyundai will bump the size for next year to match the North American market's 77kWh pack.

The Ioniq 5 in the USA/Canada charges 10-80% (~50kWh) in 18mins on a 250kW charger. On a 150kW charger, it'll take 25 minutes to recharge the same amount. The MME does 50kWh in about 30 minutes, at least on the original curve.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
Reading their press release, Hyundai is providing 3 years of complementary maintenance. Great, right? Well the press release says it's for "oil changes and tired rotations". I guess someone from Hyundai forgot to delete the "oil changes" part lol
I read 3 years of free power. Which is a good bonus. BUT so fat I am stickin with my ford order. Luv the design and everything about it.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
I read 3 years of free power. Which is a good bonus. BUT so fat I am stickin with my ford order. Luv the design and everything about it.
Hyundia are offering 2 years free charging with EA up to 30mins with the Ioniq 5, which given the charging curve on a 350kw charger is probably more than enough, even 30mins on a 150kw charger is going add a fair amount of range.
Sponsored