iOS 17 issues with CarPlay?

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
I haven't noticed any new issues with wired CarPlay specifically. I switch between wired and wireless. I did have one instance where CarPlay connected (wired) on the screen, but the audio played from the phone. That is not new though. A Sync reboot fixed that, and the audio quality was fine.

I also got the Connected Road bug the one time I used Nav.
Sponsored

Mweitzman

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e premium 2021
Country flag
I installed it yesterday and tried out CarPlay nav. It worked fine, except that I did notice some static in the voice at times. I had never had that happen before. The driver display directions worked fine for me, some others had reported issues with that on another thread, based on the beta.
I have an iphone 13. I am experiencing the same static when i am talking on the phone. Does anyone have a solution to this?

LanceL218

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ldlnet.net
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach E California Route 1 Edition
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Before we update 17. Is there any know issues for CarPlay?
I have not had any new issues. Still having the problem with BT and the Ford Phone App when NOT using CarPlay on iOS 17 so that is still an issue with Ford on that one. CarPlay works fine otherwise.

Deleted member 16048

Good point - I'll flip the Beta switch back on

I will also be road tripping to Montreal this week-end so I'll try out the fancy new charger enhancements they made to Maps :)
I honestly wish they were more helpful than they are, they show you availability in the moment you're adding it to your route, but I have not seen anything when in route to it. Maybe it will announce that it is no longer available, but I haven't seen anything like that. The issue still is that EA (Or EC in your case) still doesn't give true data on their availability. They mislead with their online status.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
I honestly wish they were more helpful than they are, they show you availability in the moment you're adding it to your route, but I have not seen anything when in route to it. Maybe it will announce that it is no longer available, but I haven't seen anything like that. The issue still is that EA (Or EC in your case) still doesn't give true data on their availability. They mislead with their online status.
Good to know - I'll be using the Ontario Government's IVY network as they are conveniently located at all the Government owned ONRoute rest stops along the 401 (fancy that!), so I'm interested to see what, if any, data will show up. EC chargers are few and far between, I have actually never used one. :cool:

NY E Pony

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
President/ CEO
Country flag
At first it was fine, then had trouble connecting to CarPlay, I will see if that persists.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
At first it was fine, then had trouble connecting to CarPlay, I will see if that persists.
I have found deleting the Bluetooth profile and reconnecting entirely from scratch helps solve gremlins. YMMV.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I've been using the dev beta since it was released with no CarPlay issues.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
So far so good, I joined the beta about a month ago and have moved to the general release, no issues with PaaK or CarPlay in that time aside from a strange issue with directions in the instrument cluster where a right turn would appear as a "veer left" arrow, but only in the instrument cluster when using Apple Maps, the main infotainment display was correct. I haven't done any recent navs to see if that was still present though, haven't seen it in a while.

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
hum, 17.0.1 was just released.

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
I've been on the beta since the first dev release so now I cannot remember the exact timing, but at some point Carplay starting taking me to the contacts screen every time I switch back to Carplay from some other function, like radio, instead of going back to whatever Carplay screen I had active just prior (typically navigation, but it doesn't matter what else I'm using).

Is anyone else experiencing this? Quite annoying, though not enough that I brought it up prior to now, I guess!

No other issues for me since day 1 of the beta.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've been on the beta since the first dev release so now I cannot remember the exact timing, but at some point Carplay starting taking me to the contacts screen every time I switch back to Carplay from some other function, like radio, instead of going back to whatever Carplay screen I had active just prior (typically navigation, but it doesn't matter what else I'm using).

Is anyone else experiencing this? Quite annoying, though not enough that I brought it up prior to now, I guess!

No other issues for me since day 1 of the beta.
I have this issue but only when I tap the CarPlay tile. If I tap the CarPlay icon on top it goes back to where you were before. That has been happening way before I loaded beta 17.

it happened when an update occurred months and months ago.
Sponsored