Iowa Owners?

Bt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mazda 3
Country flag
Hopefully getting a CR1 AWD. Ordered through Mount Vernon as they had one delivery earlier in the year and usually move a bit of F150s. I ordered on 1/3/22, but I'm guessing it'll be past summer before I see mine.
Sponsored

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜18 Pacifica PHEV, ā€˜22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
Update. Iā€™m now on my second MME in Atlantic. Went from a CR1 to a Premium. I love it!

I usually see at least one E Pony on I35 N when traveling to the Twin Cities so I know others are out there!

Spooky

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Update. Iā€™m now on my second MME in Atlantic. Went from a CR1 to a Premium. I love it!

I usually see at least one E Pony on I35 N when traveling to the Twin Cities so I know others are out there!
Nice! Oddly we saw a couple when we were getting ours but havenā€™t seen any in the Des Moines area for months now. Maybe we just arenā€™t out enough, lol. What made you go for the Premium over the CR1?

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜18 Pacifica PHEV, ā€˜22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
Nice! Oddly we saw a couple when we were getting ours but havenā€™t seen any in the Des Moines area for months now. Maybe we just arenā€™t out enough, lol. What made you go for the Premium over the CR1?
I wanted the light grey interior, non-black wheels, better sound system, power lift gate, both front seats powered, better adjusting headrests and acoustic glass (which I didnā€™t actually get). At first I had extreme range anxiety so went with the CR1 but within weeks I knew I wanted the bells and whistles more.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I wanted the light grey interior, non-black wheels, better sound system, power lift gate, both front seats powered, better adjusting headrests and acoustic glass (which I didnā€™t actually get). At first I had extreme range anxiety so went with the CR1 but within weeks I knew I wanted the bells and whistles more.
I'm thinking in possibly trading in my 22 CR1 (when/if it gets here) for a 23 gt if I ever find one in a lot, no way in hell I'm going through this ordering nightmare again lol. As of today my CR1 is STILL in Richards-gebaur Ramp 6R, 5 weeks and counting.

Apparently it's due to driver shortage+lack of vehicles to deliver to Iowa or something like that.

Bt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mazda 3
Country flag
I'm over by the Iowa city area and have a CR1 for about a month now. All I can say is we have really shitty DCFC infrastructure on I80 and I380 and that needs to get fixed ASAP. The two in Walcott was nice coming back from Chicago, but only two is rough.

The Quiet Man

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 MINI Cooper S, Grabber Blue Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Having a good time ?
Country flag
I'm in Cedar Falls. There is 1 - Level 2 charger available here and Waterloo has 2 locations with DCFC stations. One location has 2 x 50 kW CCS stations and the other has 2 x 150 kW stations ( at the same location there are 8 Tesla Super Chargers w/250 kW).

Iowa politicians are too busy supporting the ethanol industry and are working hard to make those involved in the industry (farmers as well as the refiners) happy.

The EV infrastructure in Iowa stinks for anyone trying to travel worry free in Iowa.

Steph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 MME PREMIUM AWD ER
Country flag
Just came across this post & wanted to say Hi from Central Iowa. This forum and FB groups have been so helpful in my EV learning! Hopefully everyone still has, and loves, their MME.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bt3

The Quiet Man

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 MINI Cooper S, Grabber Blue Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Having a good time ?
Country flag
Welcome!
You have a great car in a beautiful color!

zhusky

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium ER AWD Iced Blue
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Looking for Des Moines owners since I see all of the non-EV Mustang's getting together. See quite a few of us out there now!

Spooky

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Looking for Des Moines owners since I see all of the non-EV Mustang's getting together. See quite a few of us out there now!
A picnic or something would be cool.

I think earth day celebrations had an EV event in West Des Moines, but it'd be neat to do an Mach-E gathering.

Or maybe just crash the ice Mustangs. ;)

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
FYI: Join the Iowa Mustangs Unstabled club (IMU)... a very active club that offers lots of meet up opportunities and drives through the year. There are a few Mach-Es appearing now and then, including mine at a few events in the last 18 months. I did some drag racing and beat the 3 Mustangs I faced.

IMU Iowa Mustangs Unstabled Main website

IMU Facebook Page

IMU Stang Invasion - Saturday, June 10th, 11am until dark
Their biggest event of the year, >700 Mustangs, Eddyville Raceway, just south of Oskaloosa, Iowa.
Some meet ups on Friday across the state plus meetup / cruises from areas to the raceway on Saturday morning.

IMU Stang Invasion Facebook Page - main page for all updated information.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Iowa Owners? 1684944777285
Sponsored