Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Super Duty, 2021 Premium Mach-E x4
Occupation
Military
Country flag
Anyone have a problem connecting with the new iPhone 13 pro? I tried to set it up and got a "device not supported" warning on FordPass. The phone actually did finally connect as a key after repeated attempts, but it it does not work as good as my old iPhone 11 and the Bluetooth and apple car play disconnect repeatedly.

This is my wife's phone and she is now using the FOB as a key. I have the 13 Pro max on the way and I use PAK all the time with my 11 so I am hoping this is not a real problem. Just curious if maybe its just me, or the car needing an update.
Sponsored

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anyone have a problem connecting with the new iPhone 13 pro? I tried to set it up and got a "device not supported" warning on FordPass. The phone actually did finally connect as a key after repeated attempts, but it it does not work as good as my old iPhone 11 and the Bluetooth and apple car play disconnect repeatedly.

This is my wife's phone and she is now using the FOB as a key. I have the 13 Pro max on the way and I use PAK all the time with my 11 so I am hoping this is not a real problem. Just curious if maybe its just me, or the car needing an update.
I have a iPhone 13 pro and connected when I started the setup for Phone as a Key it said phone was not compatible I just ignored that and started the setup. It works great when it asked if I want to setup Carplay I said no or later whichever option didn't allow the startup. But I am having no issues with the new phone.

OP
OP

SEMacheE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Military
Country flag
I have a iPhone 13 pro and connected when I started the setup for Phone as a Key it said phone was not compatible I just ignored that and started the setup. It works great when it asked if I want to setup Carplay I said no or later whichever option didn't allow the startup. But I am having no issues with the new phone.
Thanks, I ignored it too and was able to set up PaaK. Just having an issue with car play now and sync/bluetooth. Won't connect to either. I'll keep messing around with it. I was having the same issue with my 11. I was just plugging it in to get car play to work, but thats not working either for the 13 pro. Great phone though!

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Thanks, I ignored it too and was able to set up PaaK. Just having an issue with car play now and sync/bluetooth. Won't connect to either. I'll keep messing around with it. I was having the same issue with my 11. I was just plugging it in to get car play to work, but thats not working either for the 13 pro. Great phone though!
I had some trouble just from swapping; I don’t think it’s endemic to the 13. I ended up wiping out everything to do with connectivity, and after a little fighting, it works perfectly now.

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
[/QUOTE

I wonder if going in to bluetooth and and saying forget this device under Mach-e and repairing will make it work

americanflannel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Occupation
I do not write menu descriptions for a living
Country flag
If you have never rebooted your iPhone since you bought it or updated to 15.1 beta - reboot it and some funkiness will go away. I got PAAK working after ignoring the warning but CarPlay wired and wireless was a mess and once that started working Siri wouldn't recognize Apple Music - only local library. I rebooted at a stoplight both the phone (it hadn't been rebooted since the 15.1 install) and Sync and it immediately was back to normal. It's stayed that way through a couple short trips so I think it's "fixed"

Flyinillini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 Fusion
Country flag
I received the same message when I went to switch over to my 13 pro max, but like others have said I just ignored it. It prompted me after connecting to set up a backup password but it wouldn’t connect to the phone via Bluetooth. Said it couldn’t find the device. I deleted the phone from my car memory and from Ford Pass and did it a second time and it worked fine. No issues since. I think the issue was it would connect via Bluetooth for audio but not create a Bluetooth connection for PAAK. I checked after the first attempt and only the audio Bluetooth connection was created not the one for the PAAK. After the second attempt they both showed up.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max. I carefully changed the phone name from my old iPhone 12 Pro Max to a new name (Jim12 to Jim13) before I began doing anything with the new phone. When I went to pair it with the car, pairing went fine, other than the phone not supported error, which I ignored. I was able to generate a new key for it. I’ve deleted the old phone from the car. Both the phone and the car have pestered me a few times about CarPlay and I’ve ignored them. Also, sync has pestered me about creating a backup passcode and I’ve ignored that (I’m assuming the backup passcode I already created will work?)

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max. I carefully changed the phone name from my old iPhone 12 Pro Max to a new name (Jim12 to Jim13) before I began doing anything with the new phone. When I went to pair it with the car, pairing went fine, other than the phone not supported error, which I ignored. I was able to generate a new key for it. I’ve deleted the old phone from the car. Both the phone and the car have pestered me a few times about CarPlay and I’ve ignored them. Also, sync has pestered me about creating a backup passcode and I’ve ignored that (I’m assuming the backup passcode I already created will work?)
Same, but I had to set carplay up again on both devices after deleeting all traces and bluetooth connections. Now I can't switch back and forth from bluetooth phone to carplay phone as before without a whole new setup after for carplay.

OP
OP

SEMacheE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Military
Country flag
I continue to have zero luck with CarPlay or sync. PaaK is working; however without a passcode. It’s like the car is constantly trying to connect to both CarPlay and sync and once it connects to one of them it kicks the phone out and starts all over again. It’s incredibly annoying. I used to be able to plug into the USB port and have CarPlay now that doesn’t even work. Definitely something in the process that doesn’t like the new iOS.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I continue to have zero luck with CarPlay or sync. PaaK is working; however without a passcode. It’s like the car is constantly trying to connect to both CarPlay and sync and once it connects to one of them it kicks the phone out and starts all over again. It’s incredibly annoying. I used to be able to plug into the USB port and have CarPlay now that doesn’t even work. Definitely something in the process that doesn’t like the new iOS.
iOS 15 compatibility issues are separate from iPhone 13 issues.

OP
OP

SEMacheE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Military
Country flag
Understandable, but In my case they are the same. I have a 13pro max that didn’t work before I updated to iOS 15 and still doesn’t work after. Same for my wife’s 13 pro. My 11 on iOS 14 worked fine. I do fortunately have PaaK and it works great now. However, my Bluetooth connection is constantly fighting with the WiFi connection and I think that is what is preventing me from using CarPlay. I can’t even plug it in and use it. This is very frustrating. I did a master Reset and it didn’t help. Excited to take my car in for warranty because CarPlay is not working.

jcharnet

First Name
Joao
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Understandable, but In my case they are the same. I have a 13pro max that didn’t work before I updated to iOS 15 and still doesn’t work after. Same for my wife’s 13 pro. My 11 on iOS 14 worked fine. I do fortunately have PaaK and it works great now. However, my Bluetooth connection is constantly fighting with the WiFi connection and I think that is what is preventing me from using CarPlay. I can’t even plug it in and use it. This is very frustrating. I did a master Reset and it didn’t help. Excited to take my car in for warranty because CarPlay is not working.
How did you have an iPhone 13 on iOS 14?

OP
OP

SEMacheE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Military
Country flag
How did you have an iPhone 13 on iOS 14?
I have no idea, but I had to update to iOS 15 on both my wife's pro and my pro max.
Sponsored