Sounds great. Thanks for the response!
Sponsored

JeffGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ext range
Country flag
Does anyone get a charge from the Ford wireless charger? Mine has never give anything to my 13pro and now my 15pro. It has all the software updates, maybe it needs a warranty replacement. It does still warm up the phones - and this is not related to the iPhone 15 Pro overheating, which my phone doesn't seem to do.

circatee

First Name
circatee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A Ford
Country flag
It works for me. Alas, I don't use it; well, haven't needed to use it. I merely tried it when I first received my iPhone 15 Pro Max, to make sure it fit and such...

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Does anyone get a charge from the Ford wireless charger? Mine has never give anything to my 13pro and now my 15pro. It has all the software updates, maybe it needs a warranty replacement. It does still warm up the phones - and this is not related to the iPhone 15 Pro overheating, which my phone doesn't seem to do.
When you say it has all the software updates, do you mean you brought it to the dealer and had them install the WACM module update? That allowed my phone to stay charging longer, but did nothing for the heat.

JeffGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ext range
Country flag
When you say it has all the software updates, do you mean you brought it to the dealer and had them install the WACM module update? That allowed my phone to stay charging longer, but did nothing for the heat.
Yes, the dealer installed that update and nothing changed. Monday I had the phone on the charger for about 40 minutes and no change in charge.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yes, the dealer installed that update and nothing changed. Monday I had the phone on the charger for about 40 minutes and no change in charge.
Did you have CarPlay connected? If so, no change in charge percentage is actually normal. It charges at about the same rate that CarPlay runs it down.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
5watt wireless. Hard pass except emergencies. Why car companies even sell these is questionable. My RX450H. $350 for this friggin 5 watt POS. "I don't want it" "Sorry it comes as part of the nav package..."
First thing I did in that car was turn it off. It would flash this orange LED the entire time, and constantly wake the phone. Which probably used more power than it could get from the charger.
Thankfully the MME is different. It just attempts to melt the phone instead.
Is it really just 5 watts? That explains a lot. I've got a Pixel 6 Pro and my complaints are pretty much the same.
5 watts, and 4 of them are converted directly to heat :D
It will charge the phone, but really slowly.

FordMachEGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWDx April 2021 build.
Country flag
Did you have CarPlay connected? If so, no change in charge percentage is actually normal. It charges at about the same rate that CarPlay runs it down.
I agree. Mine has always worked to keep about the same charge with CarPlay and CarPlay navigation active. Without it, he battery would quickly deplete. I have an older phone, an iPhone 11. It gets a little hot but AFAIK that’s normal with any induction charge.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Works fine for me (iPhone 15 Pro Max)

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
The TWRAPS charger replacement is totally worth it. I love it.
I ordered the TWRAPS - I believe the charge is limited to 7.5 W - I think this is Apple not allowing faster charging for 3rd party devices?

Art

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retiref
Country flag
For those of you that have a 2023 Mach e and a iPhone 15 Pro Max - does the Pro Max fit and charge on the charging pad?

Thanks for your help.
There must be more than fifty posts on the charging pad.
Why not use the USB to charge it. That will work with a phone protector that most people have. Apparently this wireless charge doesn't work well on many brands, so just ignore it. A phone protector makes it useless anyway.

OP
OP
wmaney

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
There must be more than fifty posts on the charging pad.
Why not use the USB to charge it. That will work with a phone protector that most people have. Apparently this wireless charge doesn't work well on many brands, so just ignore it. A phone protector makes it useless anyway.
Just FYI, my iPhone 15 Pro (not Max) has a Peel soft plastic case and it charges on the Mach e charge pad.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
the USB port only supplied 15watts, the TWraps thing splits the power between 2 pucks. It's covered in it's thread(s)
Sponsored