iPod Classic & Mach-e: Can they ever be compatible?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
OK, "streamer." ;)

What people who stream don't know (or don't remember) is that there is a lot of music out there that is not available to stream. I have literally thousands of songs that will never be on any streaming service (my son's orchestra performances, bootlegs, obscure artists, etc.). I'd like to listen to them in my car using my iPod as I have for the last 11 years. If there's a way, I'll find it. I just don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone else has already done it.
Who said anything about streaming? iPhones have iPods built in. Thatā€™s why Apple stopped making iPods, and companies like Ford stopped supporting them.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ArthurDOB

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Who said anything about streaming? iPhones have iPods built in. Thatā€™s why Apple stopped making iPods, and companies like Ford stopped supporting them.
Sorry to assume. The problem is that you can't get 40,000 songs on any phone. That's how many I have.

OP
OP
ArthurDOB

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
How big is the drive in your iPod? You can fit a lot of songs on a 1 TB iPhone.
For $1600? No thanks. I'm a teacher, not a stockbroker. I'm a Samsung guy anyway. I want to spend as little as possible trying make this work.

EDIT: Sorry. That may have seemed snarky. I didnā€™t mean it that way.

Last edited:

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
For $1600? No thanks. I'm a teacher, not a stockbroker. I'm a Samsung guy anyway. I want to spend as little as possible trying make this work.
Iā€™m not saying thatā€™s the phone you have to get. Just that the statement that you canā€™t fit all your songs on any phone probably isnā€™t accurate. If you tell us how big the drive in your iPod is, maybe we can help find a used phone that would fit the bill (and all your songs).

OP
OP
ArthurDOB

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Iā€™m not saying thatā€™s the phone you have to get. Just that the statement that you canā€™t fit all your songs on any phone probably isnā€™t accurate. If you tell us how big the drive in your iPod is, maybe we can help find a used phone that would fit the bill (and all your songs).
Sorry if I came across as snarky. I didnā€™t mean to. I appreciate the good intentions and willingness to help, itā€™s just that I was hoping to find a way to do it where I can continue to keep my iPod without having to buy something else.

I have upgraded it to 256GB and I know there are phones with lots of space like that, I just donā€™t want to pursue that option unless I have to.

OP
OP
ArthurDOB

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag

RidingwithScotty

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR aka Scotty
Country flag
I was trying to do the same thing but had no luck; I ended up switching to a 256 GB iPod touch and have used Bluetooth with that successfully. Maybe this is a viable option for you?

OP
OP
ArthurDOB

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
I was trying to do the same thing but had no luck; I ended up switching to a 256 GB iPod touch and have used Bluetooth with that successfully. Maybe this is a viable option for you?
Maybeā€¦ Iā€™d have to find a used one, though.

OP
OP
ArthurDOB

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
No need to buy a new iPod just get a BT transmitter
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=43244
Will I see the track information and artwork and be able to control it on the display? Thatā€™s what I want to be able to do, not just hear it but still have to control it through the iPod and use its display.

In the wifeā€™s 2020 Edge it does what I want it to do. How hard would it have been to write the line of code that would support the device in the Mach-e?

RidingwithScotty

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR aka Scotty
Country flag
@ArthurDOB I have to admit control from the display is a bit lackluster at times at least for switching between podcasts and music or audiobooks. It will display artwork, track information, and time left. You could maybe also just find a used iPhone 256 GB and not put in a SIM card? Might be able to find a used one of those to simulate an IPod touch if you canā€™t find one used for a reasonable price.

OP
OP
ArthurDOB

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
@ArthurDOB I have to admit control from the display is a bit lackluster at times at least for switching between podcasts and music or audiobooks. It will display artwork, track information, and time left. You could maybe also just find a used iPhone 256 GB and not put in a SIM card? Might be able to find a used one of those to simulate an IPod touch if you canā€™t find one used for a reasonable price.
Another good idea. Thanks!
Sponsored