mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
OK. That was 5+ minutes spent reading this thread that I'll never get back. :rolleyes:
It will be worth it if you use the information you learned to silence your car.
Sponsored

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
It will be worth it if you use the information you learned to silence your car.
I don't want to silence my car. The beeping sound doesn't bother me at all. I was interested in the technical aspect and found that interesting, but then the thread devolved into arguing about whether this was something people should or should not do. I kept hoping it would get back to the technical stuff, but no such luck. :(

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
I don't want to silence my car. The beeping sound doesn't bother me at all. I was interested in the technical aspect and found that interesting, but then the thread devolved into arguing about whether this was something people should or should not do. I kept hoping it would get back to the technical stuff, but no such luck. :(
Yep, I liked the technical aspects of the thread too. Speaking of which, looking at the wiring diagram, I'm thinking if you were to use an "on/off volume" type potentiometer, like one would see on an old radio, then when in the "off"" (infinite resistance) position you'd have full volume from the beep and the electric beehive sound, rather than 2/3 volume or whatever the potentiometer OP used provides.

Or, you could put an appropriately sized toilet plunger over the grill of the speaker, attached to a motorized hinge, and get essentially the same functionality. With practice, you could maybe get it to sound like the teacher in a Charlie Brown holiday special. That'd be cool!

OP
OP
mkhuffman

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Yep, I liked the technical aspects of the thread too. Speaking of which, looking at the wiring diagram, I'm thinking if you were to use an "on/off volume" type potentiometer, like one would see on an old radio, then when in the "off"" (infinite resistance) position you'd have full volume from the beep and the electric beehive sound, rather than 2/3 volume or whatever the potentiometer OP used provides.

Or, you could put an appropriately sized toilet plunger over the grill of the speaker, attached to a motorized hinge, and get essentially the same functionality. With practice, you could maybe get it to sound like the teacher in a Charlie Brown holiday special. That'd be cool!
And yet, it is always turned down to zero. So the actual volume at full isn't relevant. Silence is awesome.
Sponsored