Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Space White Premium AWD ER MME
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has anyone who did this mod gotten the 4.1.2 update and if so what is the interaction between the top of screen soft camera button and the hard wired switch? Also were any new changes via Forscan needed?

Thanks,
Lou
Sponsored

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has anyone who did this mod gotten the 4.1.2 update and if so what is the interaction between the top of screen soft camera button and the hard wired switch? Also were any new changes via Forscan needed?

Thanks,
Lou
Hi Lou, I have Sync 4.1.2 and there is nothing different than before. The soft camera button just changed to the top of the screen. The hard button still works although you really don't need it now with the soft camera button being right there all the time. No FORScan changes were needed since nothing changed between the soft and hard buttons.

voerman

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi Lou, I have Sync 4.1.2 and there is nothing different than before. The soft camera button just changed to the top of the screen. The hard button still works although you really don't need it now with the soft camera button being right there all the time. No FORScan changes were needed since nothing changed between the soft and hard buttons.
Mark,

Thanks for the reply and for posting the original mod. I have a '23 which has the weird sync version (new UI but camera switch not on main screen). While waiting for Ford to update, I am looking at using the permanently useless park activation switch (I do not even have the prep kit) to make the camera more easily accessed. Once the update happens I will probably repurpose the park switch to open the liftgate.

That's the current plan.

Lou

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mark,

Thanks for the reply and for posting the original mod. I have a '23 which has the weird sync version (new UI but camera switch not on main screen). While waiting for Ford to update, I am looking at using the permanently useless park activation switch (I do not even have the prep kit) to make the camera more easily accessed. Once the update happens I will probably repurpose the park switch to open the liftgate.

That's the current plan.

Lou
While we've all seen how long it takes for Ford to send out updates, I would wait a bit to do the hard camera button mod. I would think an update like this should be here sooner than later for the '23's since everyone else getting the update on older cars includes the soft camera button on the top bar. That is just my two cents. I do like the idea of using the park switch for the liftgate though. That is much easier to accomplish.

voerman

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well - the hard camera switch mod worked for my 2023. Forscan was helpful - they added my VIN to their data base and sent me a new version - these guys are good to work with.

Ford can regard this as official notice that I have done the mod. I am sure they were waiting for me to finish so they can update the 2023's, essentially invalidating all my work with their relocated soft camera button :) .

As soon as I get the update, I will convert the parking switch to open the hatch.

Lou

voerman

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just a follow up to my previous posts - I did get 4.2.2.2 and now have a soft camera switch on the main screen. I successfully rewired the parking hard switch to open the lift gate using the info provided in the thread on that subject.

Lou
Sponsored