awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Something else came up last night. John (JohnFoxeSheets) texted me asking if it was possible to tap into a wire at the IPMA without having to run a wire up to the console. He saw on the wiring diagram that the GR/BN wire I tapped into at the Park Aid switch runs back to the IPMA. He is correct and if you plan to use the Park Aid switch to activate the cameras, you don't have to run a wire to the front of the car. I originally back months ago, was thinking of using my own momentary switch so hadn't gone as far as looking at the entire circuit when I ended up tapping into the Park Aid switch.

I'll go over the two different ways to wire this up again:

If you want to add your own momentary switch and leave the Park Aid switch alone and not cut any factory wiring, then do the following: Install a pin connector/wire in position 10 of the black 20 pin connector at the IPMA, run it up to where you want to install the switch and attach this wire to one side of the switch and find a ground to attach to the other side.

If you want to use the Park Aid switch to activate the cameras, you will still need to install a pin connector/wire in position 10 of the black 20 pin connector at the IPMA. There is a black 24 pin connector at the IPMA, find the Green wire with a Brown stripe and cut the wire a couple of inches from the connector in case you want to reattach at a later time. Attach this Green/Brown wire to the pin/wire you installed in position 10 of the 20 pin connector. Now the Park Aid switch will activate the cameras and you don't need to run any wires to the front of the car to do this.
Wow, this just got a lot easier for us 2022 owners with "dead" Park Aid buttons. Thanks! I found a Black Friday deal on the bluetooth OBD2 dongle that's recommended in the Forscan thread. Looks like I just need the pin connector wire and enough guts to start removing panels, cutting wires, and reconfiguring modules :)
Sponsored

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Wow, this just got a lot easier for us 2022 owners with "dead" Park Aid buttons. Thanks! I found a Black Friday deal on the bluetooth OBD2 dongle that's recommended in the Forscan thread. Looks like I just need the pin connector wire and enough guts to start removing panels, cutting wires, and reconfiguring modules :)
That sounds ideal. I'm not sure I want to disable my Park Assist (even though I basically never use it), so I haven't decided if I'll do the mod. I'm still hoping Ford gives us a Christmas present in the form of a Home Screen camera button!

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
That sounds ideal. I'm not sure I want to disable my Park Assist (even though I basically never use it), so I haven't decided if I'll do the mod. I'm still hoping Ford gives us a Christmas present in the form of a Home Screen camera button!
This would be very nice indeed, but the "sneak peak" screenshots of the forthcoming UI improvements aren't very encouraging.

alockbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I wish you owned a Lightning

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wish you owned a Lightning
I have the repair manual for the Lightning as well as the one for the Mach-E and I don't see any reason why this would not work on the Lightning with the 15.5" Sync 4a system. I didn't look at replacing the Park Aid switch in the Lightning but I know adding your own momentary button should work. The Lightning with the 12" display has a direct camera button.

DadzBoyz

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mustang Mach-E GTPE (ordered), 20 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Systems Integrator
Country flag
Very interesting.
This is one that I've talked about before.
It would seem that, with the existing wire running from the IPMA, ford should just be able to programmatically default the Park Assist button too activate the cameras IF the Park Assist module its not present. If it is present, the button would default to activate the Park Assist feature.
Doing this would, at least give the Park Assist Button some use until we can all go get our Park Assist hardware (LOLOLOLOL).
I believe that most of the 2022's and 2023's built that were specked with Park Assist were given the Park Assist Prep-Kit. Not sure about the 2021's.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT
Country flag
I've been reading this site since I got my GT in July and have done several Forscan mods (e.g. rear hatch button) with success. Thanks for all the great ideas and info.

I tried this mod but ran into some problems. When I connected the green/brown wire at the IPMA 24-pin plug to pin 10 on the 20-pin plug, several DTCs were generated. I tried clearing the DTC, but "left front camera" (or maybe sensor, should have written it down) wouldn't clear. I reconnected the wire to the factory wire and instead ran a wire from the IPMA plug pin 10 all th eway up front to the Park Assist button. No errors, but now when I go to change IPMA line 706-15-01 as indicated by Mark, I get a "Service procedure has been interrupted" error and the change is not written. Have tried both an OBDlink MX+ (updated to latest firmware) and a VXDiag nano, but neither works. Each time I try, I get an ABS DTC which I can clear, but still can't activate the button. Forscan is latest version (2.3.49, but also failed with 2.3.48).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've been reading this site since I got my GT in July and have done several Forscan mods (e.g. rear hatch button) with success. Thanks for all the great ideas and info.

I tried this mod but ran into some problems. When I connected the green/brown wire at the IPMA 24-pin plug to pin 10 on the 20-pin plug, several DTCs were generated. I tried clearing the DTC, but "left front camera" (or maybe sensor, should have written it down) wouldn't clear. I reconnected the wire to the factory wire and instead ran a wire from the IPMA plug pin 10 all th eway up front to the Park Assist button. No errors, but now when I go to change IPMA line 706-15-01 as indicated by Mark, I get a "Service procedure has been interrupted" error and the change is not written. Have tried both an OBDlink MX+ (updated to latest firmware) and a VXDiag nano, but neither works. Each time I try, I get an ABS DTC which I can clear, but still can't activate the button. Forscan is latest version (2.3.49, but also failed with 2.3.48).

Any ideas?

Thanks.
I didn't connect it up this way but from the schematic it looks like it should have worked. Now that you have it connected like I do, you don't get any DTC's but you cannot change line 706-15-01 correct? I will have to look into this.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
@markboris I love some of the great modifications you do. Would you be so kind as to post a picture of what the final hard button looks like. I have Synch 4 now and it looks like as I am parking my car, I can turn on the 360 degree camera to see the front and sides. Does your hack do anything different? I too love to make mods and this one is pushing me a bit, due to the FORSCan changes, but I think I can work my way through it. I am just trying to figure out if the Synch 4 and your hack are the same or is there a difference. Pardon the questions, but software is not my strong point.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, that's right. I don't get any DTCs but I can't change line 706-15-01. Thanks.
I can't think of a reason why you're not able to modify that line. I went in to see if I could modify mine in case something changed in the last month with all the updates I've done and I still can. Are you able to modify any other line in the IPMA or in any other module?
I might have to ask the guru's at FORScan about this.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@markboris I love some of the great modifications you do. Would you be so kind as to post a picture of what the final hard button looks like. I have Synch 4 now and it looks like as I am parking my car, I can turn on the 360 degree camera to see the front and sides. Does your hack do anything different? I too love to make mods and this one is pushing me a bit, due to the FORSCan changes, but I think I can work my way through it. I am just trying to figure out if the Synch 4 and your hack are the same or is there a difference. Pardon the questions, but software is not my strong point.
Hi William, by a picture do you mean you want to know what my display shows when I push the Parking (now camera) button? It show the same thing it did when I pushed the soft button on the display under controls but I will take a photo if you want.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Hi William, by a picture do you mean you want to know what my display shows when I push the Parking (now camera) button? It show the same thing it did when I pushed the soft button on the display under controls but I will take a photo if you want.
@markboris thanks for your note back. I wanted to know what the hard button looked like. I understand that the screen shows the same with the hard button as with the softbutton, it shows the 360 degree view. I just want to know what the screen looked like with the hard button.

Also, is this hack now the same as what is being offered with Synch 4?

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ok Sully's First EV, I am thinking the reason you are unable to change that line in the IPMA is because you have a 2022 and the FORScan software is not compatible with that module yet in your car. I have a friend in Indianapolis (non member) that has a '22 and he is also not able to modify that line. Not only that but there are several modules that don't even show up in his FORScan that should (and are in the '21's). All three of us have the latest FORScan (2.3.49). I'm also working with another friend that has a Lightning on some projects and got the same "Service procedure has been interrupted" when trying to configure the HCM module. After contacting FORScan support, they wrote back "This is a known problem and has been fixed in v2.3.50 which has not been released yet".

So for now, I guess everyone with '22s will have to wait until a more compatible FORScan software is released. 😞

I will make a note on this in my first post.
Sponsored