Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Saying "nobody knows" is technically incorrect. There are a number of EA users, including Job 1 cars, that have had 1.4 since mid December.
“Nobody knows” is actually the most accurate answer. Just because Ford might be testing a version of a product, does not mean that it will ever be released. They could decide to pull the product entirely, or move on to a different “fork” if you will.
Sponsored

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
I guess another helpful piece of information is that you can find your month/year of manufacture on a sticker on the panel between the two driver side doors...open the driver door to see it. Not the sticker for tire pressure but the other one. It doesn't state the day of the month but hopefully will be enough info to tell the version of BC.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
“Nobody knows” is actually the most accurate answer. Just because Ford might be testing a version of a product, does not mean that it will ever be released. They could decide to pull the product entirely, or move on to a different “fork” if you will.
Except that they haven’t pulled the code from FDRS. For those cars that have the updates available in FDRS, users have been able to apply 1.4 for months.

But I do see your point.

It has taken so long to roll out 1.3 that they opted to roll out 1.4. It has taken so long to roll out 1.4 that it might be 1.5 by the time the final IPC/IPMA/PSCM/CMR/APIM versions get pushed.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Except that they haven’t pulled the code from FDRS. For those cars that have the updates available in FDRS, users have been able to apply 1.4 for months.

But I do see your point.

It has taken so long to roll out 1.3 that they opted to roll out 1.4. It has taken so long to roll out 1.4 that it might be 1.5 by the time the final IPC/IPMA/PSCM/CMR/APIM versions get pushed.
Code or software modules found in FDRS does not mean that something has been deployed or is available to customers. Remember, FDRS is NOT a customer-facing system. At the end of the day, it’s a tool Ford makes available (for a hefty price) to dealers and other people who want to maintain cars. Ever wonder why many dealers are so hesitant to apply any and all software modules that may be listed as “available” (and pay careful attention to that word - “available” as opposed to “required” or some other more definitive synonym) when customers ask? Not only is it a time-consuming process, but there’s always the chance that something might “break”, meaning the dealership will have to spend more time diagnosing and fixing it.

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Code or software modules found in FDRS does not mean that something has been deployed or is available to customers. Remember, FDRS is NOT a customer-facing system. At the end of the day, it’s a tool Ford makes available (for a hefty price) to dealers and other people who want to maintain cars. Ever wonder why many dealers are so hesitant to apply any and all software modules that may be listed as “available” (and pay careful attention to that word - “available” as opposed to “required” or some other more definitive synonym) when customers ask? Not only is it a time-consuming process, but there’s always the chance that something might “break”, meaning the dealership will have to spend more time diagnosing and fixing it.
$50 is not a hefty price for availability.

Updates in FDRS have been released to the vehicle/customer. I have applied and enabled BC 1.4 using FDRS and Forscan.

Most dealers don't like applying updates because they are living in the past. Treating the MME like it is a 1980 Ford Fairmont. Occasionally people on this message board encounter a dealer living in the present. A dealership managed by someone who is not a technophobe.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
$50 is not a hefty price for availability.

Updates in FDRS have been released to the vehicle/customer. I have applied and enabled BC 1.4 using FDRS and Forscan.

Most dealers don't like applying updates because they are living in the past. Treating the MME like it is a 1980 Ford Fairmont. Occasionally people on this message board encounter a dealer living in the present. A dealership managed by someone who is not a technophobe.
Ok, you’re right! You’ve found out about the massive ford conspiracy to deliberately deny a version of BlueCruise with enhanced functionality from ordinary owners. Only personal friends of Bill Ford are getting it, and those tech-savvy people who’ve sleuthed out how to download and install the poorly-hidden software (because Ford is so incompetent at software).
Yep, that definitely sounds like the most plausible explanation to me. I guess I’m a chump and should just go buy a Silverado or something 😉

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ok, you’re right! You’ve found out about the massive ford conspiracy to deliberately deny a version of BlueCruise with enhanced functionality from ordinary owners. Only personal friends of Bill Ford are getting it, and those tech-savvy people who’ve sleuthed out how to download and install the poorly-hidden software (because Ford is so incompetent at software).
Yep, that definitely sounds like the most plausible explanation to me. I guess I’m a chump and should just go buy a Silverado or something 😉
The truth is probably somewhere between my optimism and your pessimism.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The truth is probably somewhere between my optimism and your pessimism.
I totally agree! I can also be something of an annoying smart @$$ sometimes.
Im hoping that they’re finally getting close to officially releasing whatever update it is for BlueCruise to us 🙂

byoungblood

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150, 2007 Mazda 3, 1999 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Do not pay for BC until @Ford Motor Company starts regularly updating it. There are many people on this forum who are stuck at the BC version that came with their car. Advanced Cruise with Lane Keeping and hands on the wheel works fine and doesn't cost $800/yr.
If someone paid a premium on the sticker price of the car, I have a hard time paying to be allowed to keep using it. If you want and pay for updates, fine. But it shouldn't just shut off entirely unless you continue to shell out money to Ford.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It would be great if 1.4 would get pushed to 2021 Job 1 owners that have been waiting the longest to get 1.0, then promised 1.2, then 1.3. Now instead 1.4, but with no date.

We have been waiting longer that anyone else for these updates to come, yet we get them last. I really feel for the First Edition owners. They bought their MMEs on the promise that it might happen, so they really have had the longest wait for BC.

I renewed BC almost 4 months ago. My MME has only gotten a few priority updates in the past 12 months. ADAS in my MME still randomly fails, after my local Ford dealer had it for a month to fix it.

"Quality is not Job 1"

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It feels very much improved over the 1.0 my car came with. I have not driven a car that came with 1.2 or 1.3 so I can't say how much improved it feels in those cases.

It no longer hugs the right side of the lane. Normally I had to keep my hands on the wheel forcing the car to the middle of the lane. Now I can actually drive hands free though it feels odd so I usually keep my hands on the wheel just no longer applying pressure.

I like how well in lane repositioning works. I can see a visible difference in the lane placement when passing or being passed by a large vehicle. It feels much more natural and how I drive when I am the one steering.

The lane change assist seems to work well.

I don't think I like the slowing down that automatically occurs in anticipation of curves and speed limit changes. I feel like it slows down way to early and way too much.

I have not noticed a big improvement in hands free remaining active. In the places I have driven there are still many places where it reverts to hands on mode for short segments.

I have yet to drive it much with BC 1.4 so my opinion may change.
The slowing in corners Is the worst. Why would I slow below the speed limit on an unmarked corner. Very irritating to be going 70 and car slow below 60. (Speed limit 60) a tiny arrow under speed limit, that you can't see, warns going to slow, but no idea how much it will slow. When going around corner I know it will slow down, trying to use go pedal, still tries to apply brakes, pedal less responsive till it decides out of corner, now go pedal responds and takes off. I liked disengaging better than brake checking ppl.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
It seems with all of the updates that predictive speed assist is now enabled (may be a way to revert it to the previous setup, it's a forscan entry, but it could also be a requirement of the new IPMA software. It even did it on my truck that doesn't have hands-free (turn on / enable PSA), but does have the full software stack on it. I have one curve I regularly take in both vehicles and the MME in cruise has always slowed, it's a 90 degree off ramp that's easily taken at 60 (manual steering). The MME has always slowed at this point w/ cruise set, the truck does not. Not sure if it's a G thing or a steering angle sensor. I may try reverting PSA as I'm not fond of it. Not sure if it will break hands free or not.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Country flag
It seems with all of the updates that predictive speed assist is now enabled (may be a way to revert it to the previous setup, it's a forscan entry, but it could also be a requirement of the new IPMA software. It even did it on my truck that doesn't have hands-free (turn on / enable PSA), but does have the full software stack on it. I have one curve I regularly take in both vehicles and the MME in cruise has always slowed, it's a 90 degree off ramp that's easily taken at 60 (manual steering). The MME has always slowed at this point w/ cruise set, the truck does not. Not sure if it's a G thing or a steering angle sensor. I may try reverting PSA as I'm not fond of it. Not sure if it will break hands free or not.
I just turned off the toggle switch on the touchscreen. It is pretty annoying.

KarenW

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MachE P/ERB, Nite Pony; 2019 Ford F250 XLT4x4
Occupation
Paralegal
Speaking of BC, new owner and my late 2023 Premium only comes with a 90 day trial. After that, I cannot see any reason to pay $800 annually for it.
Sponsored

Last edited: