Is Frunk Gone for 2022?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The only difference from the early 2021 model to the 2022 model WRT the frunk is the lack of the divider. The divider was removed in the middle of the 2021 run.

I was kind of hoping my car would come with a divider to support the big bottle of V8 juice. Unfortunately my car hasn’t been built yet so no divider or car at this point.
The divider would be nice but my car isn't built yet either.
The divider severely limits the amount of useable space in the frunk. You can’t even get a single grocery bag in there. If you take out the crosswise divider you can get exactly 1 grocery bag in there. If you take them all out, you can put 2 20 pound bags of ice in there, your V-8 and several bags of cold stuff.
Lol! People are complaining about NOT having frunk dividers? We whines about having frunk dividers and spent time figuring out how to remove them!
Those kids today I tell you! They have no idea what it was like back in the good old days of the Mustang Mach E!
Yeah really! On the other hand, I sense an aftermarket opportunity, “Mach-Frunk Dividers by @Jimrpa .”
Sponsored

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Preiumn in DMG, AWD, ER and 1928 Model A Ford
Occupation
Retired Sales Representative
Country flag
I was at a car show and next to my Ford was a Lamborghini. I ask the guy how do you get the groceries home? His answer, that's easy, the wife carries them!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Yeah really! On the other hand, I sense an aftermarket opportunity, “Mach-Frunk Dividers by @Jimrpa .”
Nah, I’m not really the artsy-craftsy 3D printing type. I was that kid who used to eat the paste during crafts in kindergarten and who’s popsicle stick bird house always ended up looking like a poor 3D rendering of a Jackson Pollock drip painting.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The divider severely limits the amount of useable space in the frunk. You can’t even get a single grocery bag in there. If you take out the crosswise divider you can get exactly 1 grocery bag in there. If you take them all out, you can put 2 20 pound bags of ice in there, your V-8 and several bags of cold stuff.

I like the (optional) divider keeps things from rolling around in there. Fits 4 liters if washer fluid in the back with a couple of rags around it. Portable charger up front and two side compartments for tools etc. The back has a/c when running and the groceries I put in the back dropped compartment works well. Kick on kick off ;).

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I like the (optional) divider keeps things from rolling around in there. Fits 4 liters if washer fluid in the back with a couple of rags around it. Portable charger up front and two side compartments for tools etc. The back has a/c when running and the groceries I put in the back dropped compartment works well. Kick on kick off ;).
We removed the divider from our MME. Advice, pull the pins and then the fasteners. The pins flair the fastener like a wall molly.

We use a 36 can insulated cooler in the frunk. It has a removable plastic shell and is tall enough for 2-liter soda bottles. This one bought on eBay was under $30. When placed in the middle of the frunk, l it acts like a divider for the remaining frunk space.

C700FFD8-1704-469B-AC85-0BE52FE6766F.jpeg

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

I pulled mine, but looking at how I have things in there now, I have thought about if it would make sense to put at least the center one back in... I have too much stuff in there (mobile EVSE, J-1772 extension cord, empty reusable bags, first aid kit) to use it for groceries anyway.

When @Jimrpa learns how to do 3-D printing or how to regurgitate paste into a divider, I could see myself being a customer.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I pulled mine, but looking at how I have things in there now, I have thought about if it would make sense to put at least the center one back in... I have too much stuff in there (mobile EVSE, J-1772 extension cord, empty reusable bags, first aid kit) to use it for groceries anyway.

When @Jimrpa learns how to do 3-D printing or how to regurgitate paste into a divider, I could see myself being a customer.
Maybe @Jimrpa can regurgitate the paste onto popsicle sticks for your divider!

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Man I can't believe how versatile that front compartment is with no dividers in it mine came without dividers and it works with the app on the phone or inside the car I can't tell you how often I've used it already and I'm only on the car a couple weeks what a great innovation.
Sponsored