Is it better to order through Ford.com...

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Or through the dealer? It would be much easier to order from Ford.com and not have to deal with a dealership or a saleman...but I'm wondering if the order might get placed faster if I order from the dealer. Also, I could get a feel for the dealership if I actually go in. Thoughts?
My dealer didn’t know how to place the order. I had to do it myself online. Since then, crickets.

photocyclist

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag

DocOfClocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-E Premium AWD, CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
My dealer didn’t know how to place the order. I had to do it myself online. Since then, crickets.
I feel lucky. I visited a dealer and test drive one. I went home, went online, placed the order, and e-mailed the sales rep at the dealer that I had done so. Next day he e-mailed me a copy of the order just to confirm that it matched the configuration I had ordered. A few days later I checked in and he confirmed that the order had been placed and that he would keep me up to date with information as he received it.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I feel lucky. I visited a dealer and test drive one. I went home, went online, placed the order, and e-mailed the sales rep at the dealer that I had done so. Next day he e-mailed me a copy of the order just to confirm that it matched the configuration I had ordered. A few days later I checked in and he confirmed that the order had been placed and that he would keep me up to date with information as he received it.
My salesman also acknowledged my order and promised to keep me informed. His response to every question since has been the same. “I don’t know. “

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
For people that order today, you'll have a different experience than those of us that started at the beginning.

If you're not buying a GT, there's no "reservations" to worry about at all.

You'll get online order tracking (of debatable usefulness), and by the time your car is delivered, you'll no doubt have access to the all-online shopping cart-style checkout experience, no need to even worry about meeting the sales manager in his office, etc. etc.

Online is the way to go now more than ever.