Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Flight Test Manager
Country flag
…or are there a ton more Teslas on the road in just the last two months? Certainly seems that way in Vegas.
Sponsored

nrevezzo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Rapid Red SR RWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm seeing a lot more of them here in the Phoenix west valley area.

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
While there have always been a lot of Teslas on the road here in NorCal, I have noticed an uptick in recent months.

Seeing a lot of Model Y cars on the road, and reading the terrible reviews they get, is partly what convinced me to try the MME instead. So far, I'm glad I did!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
There are so many of them here on the SF peninsula, a jump of 20,000 wouldn’t really make it look like there were too many more. 🤷‍♂️🤪🐩

frontrunner

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium AWD
Country flag
it's just you.

kidding. in the past year in NJ i have seen a huge uptick. When i'm driving with my wife, I'll whisper "Tesla" every time i see one. I can't drive 5 miles without seeing at least one, and usually more. Mostly 3's and Y's.

buzzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem AWD ER, Jeep 4xe (Rubi and GC)
Country flag
Seeing a lot of Model Y cars on the road, and reading the terrible reviews they get, is partly what convinced me to try the MME instead. So far, I'm glad I did!
Good skip. We bought a Model Y and dumped it for a small profit last month. Harshest riding car we've ever owned. Trim pieces were falling off after a few months of ownership too. Ordered a MME and can't wait to take delivery.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So what?

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
There are so many of them here on the SF peninsula, a jump of 20,000 wouldn’t really make it look like there were too many more. 🤷‍♂️🤪🐩
My thoughts exactly. Used to be like that with Priuses (Priui?), but now it's Teslas. I honestly hope MMEs never get to be that prevalent. I like that the car is a bit unusual...

Composer

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E 2021 AWD
Occupation
Music Composer
Country flag
Seems Tesla is ticking a lot of boxes atm with the tech. Unfortunately I have never liked the looks of them.
With that said, if they would go for other looks Im sure the aerodynamics would take a hit. Its not easy ticking all the boxes. :)

OP
OP
icdedppl

icdedppl

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Flight Test Manager
Country flag
Seems Tesla is ticking a lot of boxes atm with the tech. Unfortunately I have never liked the looks of them.
With that said, if they would go for other looks Im sure the aerodynamics would take a hit. Its not easy ticking all the boxes. :)
I’m the same way. Style kept me away from the Tesla and gravitated towards the Ford.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
In 2021, Tesla sold 936,172 BEV globally. Ford, second to Tesla, sold ~27K MME in US n 2021 (~65K globally). 2020 registration records found 425,000 electric vehicles in California. The next closest States, Florida and Texas had 58K and 52K, respectively. So, in the massive traffic congestion of southern California, I think Teslas make up a significant component. They tend to utilize their "own" charging system so they don't so often turn up at the others. ;)
Personally, I wouldn't have one. Me: happy owner of Hyundai Ioniq 5 but also still waiting for Ford MME.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Is it just me… 1650242643101
Sponsored