Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD Extended range
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I have owned my Extended Range for a little over year, so I can quite saftly say I know her, over the last 5 months issue after issue are apparent.
1: when I exit the Mustang my radio stays on for 15 seconds, same senario when the passenger exits the radio goes off immediately.
2: Voice activation comes on occasionally with no prompt, my hands are nowhere near the controls on the steering wheel and nobody is talking, just activates when it wants to.
3: With the DB Radio on, all the radio icons disappear and only three stations are showing without their radio station icon however I can stiil change to stations from my steering wheel to the stations that had been programmed before ,also when this happens the small circle at the top of the screen with a Mustang head , the Mustang disappears and a circle with unbroken lines replaces it and on two occassions I had no Satnav.
4: When my dogs are in car I say yes on the screen to shut down the interior sensors and I leave to go to the shop in the garage, the alarm goes off due to movement of the dogs.
5: In the message centre on my Ford App, to date I have 208 securialerts " Securialert has been triggered due to unauthorised opening of ......... indicating a potential threat to My Mustang Mach E" what ever door, boot or frunk is opened by me it comes up as a securialert, I have changed key fobs, no difference.
6: A couple of times while driving at night the automatic mainbeem icon appeared on the screen without any prompt, when a vehicle came towards me the mainbeam stayed on.
7: on one occassion I walked to the rear and when I was by the rear quarter the tailgate opened and then stopped halfway.
MY Mustang has been in the Dealership on several occassions and on the previous visit for 4 weeks, a couple of the issues but none of the above have been addressed after several software updates, please dont tell me I am the only one with these issues, I have done 25000 miles and acquired my Mustang 19th Jan 2022, believe me all the above are not pilot errors.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Iā€™ve had #2 happen occasionally.

#4 is a known issue - the prompt to turn off motion sensors does absolutely nothing. In my case, itā€™s grandkids triggering the alarm as opposed to dogs!

Iā€™m surprised you still have SecurAlert. Itā€™s gone here in the States.

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
5. This is how ford decided this feature should work. Thatā€™s why I turned it off.
7. Had the same issue. Turn off kick to open feature would help with this.

Unfortunately, thereā€™s a bunch of features which doesnā€™t work properly or as you can expect.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
You sure about that? šŸ˜€
No.
I turned it off after being annoyed for about a week. I thought I remembered a thread on here about Ford shutting it down, but I may have been into the whiskey that night. šŸ˜„

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
2. Have you turned off wake word? I found that turning off wake word in settings was a godsend.
If I need to command the vehicle with voice, I just hit the button on the wheel.

As for the rest of it, you can schedule Securialert for times that you donā€™t expect to drive. Works wonders.

Lots of folks complained about the kick to open lift gate not working, it could be that you did a kick and the boot sensed obstruction.

Ad for the rest, Hmmm, have you reset Sync?

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Every issue you describe has been well documented on the forum with solutions/work arounds/acknowledgement for each.
Sponsored