Is there any way to turn the AC on/off with a voice command?

Bonehead

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
I've been unable to find a way to do this. If it's not available, I'm really surprised. Call me crazy, but in every car I've owned I toggle the AC on/off regularly. Ya know, when it's hot I like it on, when it's cold I like it off.

While I'd prefer an actual button to do this since I do it regularly, at least in my last car (Volvo) you could do this with a voice command.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Not sure. The stupid owner's manual only gives two examples for climate control "I am cold" and "Set the temperature to 72°F" but doesn't give anything about turning it on or off.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In Sync 3 you can't but in Sync 4, you might be able to say "Climate on (or off)". I am away from home for the next week so I can't try this out but I'm sure someone here can.

Last edited:

tman

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
I've been unable to find a way to do this. If it's not available, I'm really surprised. Call me crazy, but in every car I've owned I toggle the AC on/off regularly. Ya know, when it's hot I like it on, when it's cold I like it off.

While I'd prefer an actual button to do this since I do it regularly, at least in my last car (Volvo) you could do this with a voice command.
Patrick and Liv from Mach-E VLOG have a video on all the voice commands:

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag

Liv

First Name
Liv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 RAV4 Art Car
Occupation
BioCAD Engineer
Country flag
Patrick and Liv from Mach-E VLOG have a video on all the voice commands:
Hey thanks for the shout out @tman & @GoGoGadgetMachE :D
I actually totally forgot we did that video too! We got Blucifer back shortly after that and went nuts enjoying it, so Imma blame Blucifer for making us forget :D

tman

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Hey thanks for the shout out @tman & @GoGoGadgetMachE :D
I actually totally forgot we did that video too! We got Blucifer back shortly after that and went nuts enjoying it, so Imma blame Blucifer for making us forget :D
That's funny that you and Patrick @Mach-E VLOG both forgot this video!

Blucifer must have clouded your memory of anything that happened while you were without him. Demons are quite 'possessive' you know! ?

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag

Why not set the temperature to 73 or 74 like some do at home? A bigger problem is there is no cabin air recirculating button. What do you do if you drive over a dead skunk or are behind a polluting truck to shut the outside air off?

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Why not set the temperature to 73 or 74 like some do at home? A bigger problem is there is no cabin air recirculating button. What do you do if you drive over a dead skunk or are behind a polluting truck to shut the outside air off?
There is a recirculate option, it is however not on the home screen but rather in a submenu. You have to tap that button of a heated windshield and snowflake that is immediately to the right of the volume knob. It will be on that screen, I believe on the top right.

The problem with setting a relatively high temp is, I think, the vehicle will try to heat the car to reach that temperature. Not sure if you could set it so it only cools down to a temp, doesn’t heat up to a temp, or vice versa.

OP
OP

Bonehead

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
2 reasons:

* in any car, when it’s cold out, it takes longer for the heater to kick in so you feel the effects of the AC first, so I prefer to not have it running

* in an EV running the AC when it’s not needed reduces range

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
2 reasons:

* in any car, when it’s cold out, it takes longer for the heater to kick in so you feel the effects of the AC first, so I prefer to not have it running

* in an EV running the AC when it’s not needed reduces range
The temp button is on the main screen. It’s easy to change as necessary.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I set my LS400 to 68 degrees more than 23 years ago, and have almost never touched it since then.

I do use the recirculate button frequently, as there's a trash dump on my commute. Burying that 3 layers deep in a menu is not great.

OP
OP

Bonehead

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
I set my LS400 to 68 degrees more than 23 years ago, and have almost never touched it since then.

I do use the recirculate button frequently, as there's a trash dump on my commute. Burying that 3 layers deep in a menu is not great.
I totally agree about the recirc control. Again, I’d prefer a physical button for this, but at least the Volvo had a voice command for it.

Cars that are so reliant on menu screens should at least offer (as some cars do) programmable physical function buttons to be able to easily access frequently used buried menu items.
Sponsored