Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I ordered a pineapple and pepperoni pizza out here once. Just because. It was kind of good, in a forbidden and “wrong” sort of way. :p
Pepperoni on pizza is simply disgusting (unless it’s vegan “pepperoni” ???)
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I’ve also made pizza with tandoori sauce instead of tomato based sauce. When it comes to pizza ?, apparently my blasphemy knows no end.

My wife does not approve of my pizza misdeeds. :p
Actually, that sounds like it would be sort of good. I wonder if it would work with paneer?

Tommy303

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Shelby GT 500, '88 T-Bird TC, '19 Shelby F-150
Occupation
Postal Guy
Country flag
I've owned Mustang's almost all of my driving days, and while I'm in the category of, "I wish Ford would've named it something else" I also had my GT reservation in within 30 minutes of the Mach-E's initial introduction. I don't understand why Ford has gone crazy with reviving names of historic vehicles that aren't anything like the originals, but I also don't care enough to do much complaining about it. I'm sure I'll get those that are bemoaning the fact that the Mach-E isn't a Mustang when I'm driving it, but it won't matter. My Shelby is over 1000 hp and only gets 9 mpg. I'm ready for something that'll save me some coinage when it comes to gas.

OH...and I'm also a guy that doesn't agree with pineapples on pizza, but if ya toss on some jalepenos I'm golden!

PCS2021

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Lincoln Navigator
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
From the other side, I see the same concerns. I *am* a liberal, and I *did* vote for Biden, and absolutely none of that has to do with finally getting a (more) affordable, family sized, fully electric car that's got a good range and is fun to drive while also costing less to operate into the marketplace. We should ALL be celebrating that as far as I'm concerned.
I agree and I am not a Liberal nor did I vote for Biden. My first car was a 1969 Mustang Mach 1. I loved that car, and I love my Mach E. For those who want to throw darkness on the Mach E, remind them of the mid ‘70’s Mustang. The ones that were shortened with grossly underperforming engines. The one you could pull up a chair and watch it rust, Mustang. And they want to say the Mach E should not be called a Mustang. If there was ever a car that deserved to carry on the Mustang name, it is the Mach E.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Pepperoni on pizza is simply disgusting (unless it’s vegan “pepperoni” ???)
Extremely rarely have meat in the house around here. I agree with you there. This was "real" pepperoni and I've never had such a thing since. I haven't tried the tandoori sauce pizza with paneer. That might work. :)

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
I ordered a pineapple and pepperoni pizza out here once. Just because. It was kind of good, in a forbidden and “wrong” sort of way. :p
Add jalapenos, it's life changing! Back to that tandoori pizza, there's a place locally that serves that and dhamaka pizza, heard its extremely good, will be trying soon! :D

dmasteR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Audi S4
Country flag
I can't wait to see the conflicted look on peoples faces when they call me a liberal for owning an EV and then I tell them I own a firearms business.
What does owning a firearm and being liberal have anything to do with each other?

Two completely separate things. Am liberal, and own a firearm.

SuzzyQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e mustang
Country flag
Went to my first big car meet with the Mach E, in fact it's one of the biggest Cars & Coffee events in the U.S...I've got to say, I've never owned a car that has gotten so much attention. That being said, a good amount of that attention was sadly, very negative. It's sad how much hate is shown to this car, especially from fellow Mustang owners.

How many of you have experienced this sort of hate on your Mach E?
I feel you just chalk it up to those people...... they are jealous! I have only received positive remarks are my Mach EV. I've been an owner for 5 months. At least 2 times a week I'm asked questions and how awesome this car looks. I'm a gas kicker and love it. Ford couldn't of pick a better car to start off their line of EVs. Matter of fact, I'm getting too many creepers!

KEA_JEA

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select RWD Standard Range
Country flag
I've owned my Mach-E for one week now. Enough time to have heard from friends with comments like "Glad you like your new car, but don't go thinking that is a Mustang".

Now my Mach-e is my fourth Mustang ever. The previous three were a '65 Convertible, a '67 289 cu- in Coupe and a 67 Fastback GT 390 cu-in , 4 Spd. So I refuse to be shamed by anyone. I LOVE my new car.

My response is this. If the Mustang brand name is so sacrosanct, why did Ford put the badge on the Mustang II in 1974? That car's design was based on the Ford Pinto! - yet it sold very well apparently. A 2009 report confirmed Iacocca's vision for the 1974–1978 Mustang II, saying it "was the right car at the right time, selling more than 1 million units in four years".

So if that model was worthy of the name, how much worthier is the Mach-E ? Light-Years ahead obviously. (Apologies to anyone that once owned a Mustang II - no offence intended).

In my opinion, this is a silly argument, fomented by people that probably have never driven a Mach-E and only measure automotive performance by the decibel.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I've owned my Mach-E for one week now. Enough time to have heard from friends with comments like "Glad you like your new car, but don't go thinking that is a Mustang".

Now my Mach-e is my fourth Mustang ever. The previous three were a '65 Convertible, a '67 289 cu- in Coupe and a 67 Fastback GT 390 cu-in , 4 Spd. So I refuse to be shamed by anyone. I LOVE my new car.

My response is this. If the Mustang brand name is so sacrosanct, why did Ford put the badge on the Mustang II in 1974? That car's design was based on the Ford Pinto! - yet it sold very well apparently. A 2009 report confirmed Iacocca's vision for the 1974–1978 Mustang II, saying it "was the right car at the right time, selling more than 1 million units in four years".

So if that model was worthy of the name, how much worthier is the Mach-E ? Light-Years ahead obviously. (Apologies to anyone that once owned a Mustang II - no offence intended).

In my opinion, this is a silly argument, fomented by people that probably have never driven a Mach-E and only measure automotive performance by the decibel.
Actually, I have a Mach-E, that I drive quite a bit. I love the car, but HATE that they called it a Mustang. I couldn’t care less about the sound it does or does not make, I care that they made it a 5 door crossover. I would have been good with the. Claiming it has “ the soul of a mustang”, or if they said it’s “inspired bu the Mustang “, but even those Mustang II‘s you knocked were coupes That technically fit the pony car style.

SmileyDude

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Select AWD, 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
This is my 2nd Mustang I’ve owned, the first being an ‘87 LX 2.3L 5-speed that I got used during my senior year of high school. I loved that car at the time and I still miss it a little after all these years. The Mach-E that I have might not have much technically in common with that Mustang. But it is just as much fun, if not funner, than that one ever was.

While I see the arguments for not calling it a Mustang (and I may have even used a few of them myself), I totally get why Ford called it a Mustang. Even my 21 year old son who had his own Mustang a few years ago found the Mach-E to be cool.

I’m sure it could’ve been just as good of a car without the Mustang name. But it would lose a lot of it’s fun. I get a smile on my face when I see that pony logo on the front grill, or when it lights up on the ground at night. Or how I can push that accelerator pedal and jump out in traffic when I need to. People never stopped me to ask about my CR-V all those years I had one. But everybody notices that Mustang badge and has to ask more.

To me, this car checks all the right boxes on what it means to be a Mustang.

KEA_JEA

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select RWD Standard Range
Country flag
Actually, I have a Mach-E, that I drive quite a bit. I love the car, but HATE that they called it a Mustang. I couldn’t care less about the sound it does or does not make, I care that they made it a 5 door crossover. I would have been good with the. Claiming it has “ the soul of a mustang”, or if they said it’s “inspired bu the Mustang “, but even those Mustang II‘s you knocked were coupes That technically fit the pony car style.
Hello Joe, you make a good point about the "Pony Car Style". As you can tell, a good few years have gone by since I drove my 67 Fastback. I do remember feeling very sorry for the poor souls that had to climb in and ride in the back of that car (I can get claustrophobic). Compared to the space in the back of a Mach-E, that was cruel and unusual punishment. Maybe that's why the MME has no door handles - from a distance you don't even notice the two (3?) extra doors. K.

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Don't forget they also had a hatchback version. There were hatchback versions of some fox body Mustangs as well.

1974-ford-mustang-ii-why.jpg

Rapid Ed

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius
Country flag
I see the huge smiles people have on their faces in the videos when they take it out for a ride, even some of the biggest "Mustang skeptics," and that's all I need to see to know... it's a STANG, baby!
Sponsored