jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
We were having beers at a beer garden, and I snagged a space right in front. Some guys from another table overheard us talking about motorcycles and joined in, and at one point, one of the guys point at my MME (not knowing it was mine) and said, "It's a cool car, but I don't know why they call it a Mustang, it's not a Mustang. It's not even a car, it's an SUV" To which I replied: "It's a Mustang because Ford, who determines what is and isn't a Mustang, says it's a Mustang." Then we got into a little friendly debate over the naming of the car, and he was unconvinced but not a jerk about it. My friends were egging him on, figuring they were busting my balls, and we finally told the dude it was my car, at which point he wanted to know more about it. Probably the first real pushback I've gotten on the Mustang name.

jaycake

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6 Carbon Mach-E Star White AWD Ext. range
Country flag
He would have been greeted with a middle finger up reply from me.
He was already passed and I was paying more attention to the road and less to them..

Seriously

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Because some people are just annoyed, and some people will squirt ketchup and mustard on them, or key them, or slash tires, all because of them thinking that their opinion on the name is greater than Ford's. (At least this is why I care.)
Why is this a thing? This literally just happened to me. I couldn't believe there was ketchup all over my car.

Seriously

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
My car was parked outside of my gym in broad daylight in a shopping plaza and someone decided to splatter ketchup all over my MME today around 10am. WTF?! I didn't even know this was a thing. Thankfully the weather has warmed up so I could wash it outside. I don't get it. Anyone who has stopped me about my car, has always complimented it.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Why is this a thing? This literally just happened to me. I couldn't believe there was ketchup all over my car.
Angry-at-the-world people just have easy access to burger condiments, I guess. That’s awful to hear. Next time I go to IKEA up your way, I’m parking near a camera.

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
WTF? There are baby elephants without mothers in the world because of stupid poachers and people are upset about this sort of nonsense?
Sigh.
Sponsored