Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previous, Maserati Granturismo. MV Brutale RR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just been to our local Mustang club meet here in the UK. I had the first MME there and I have to say all comments were positive with only one ICE owner saying 'I'm not convinced yet. The most common remark was its great that the 'Mustang' will continue as the ICE ones cease production.
Loved my V8 Maserati but also love my MME now.
Sponsored

J5hort

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
To me, true test for EV adoption is the F150 Lightning. The best selling "car" in the US since forever. Watching carefully to see if we are at a tipping point. There are many factors that need to happen, some way beyond manufacturers control. While I own, maintain, drive ICE vehicles and would miss spending my time working on them on Sundays if they were maintenance free EV's, I do belive we will see every model in the line become and EV sooner than later.

SmileyDude

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Select AWD, 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Some ass here in Arizona looked at my car as I was loading groceries into it and sneered, "Goddamn liberal." I just smiled and asked him how many miles per gallon he gets in his GMC pickup?
Funny enough, when I bought my MME, I was at the dealership to buy a GMC pickup. Two completely different use cases, which is why we have both of them.

I wonder what that says about my political leanings? ?

pumasalad

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e (red)
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
we haven't experienced anything but "hey that's a cool car" from anyone. The real problem is when they ask me how I like it. The only positive thing I can say is "it's all electric and it has about a 300 mile range, so that's nice." but when they ask for details, all the little things start surfacing, like PaaK being flaky. the hardware key that came with the car being flaky. having to schedule routine maintenance months in advance annoying. not being able to turn off the internal motion detector so the dog can wait in the car without setting off the car alarm. having the trunk refuse to open until you fight with it for a few minutes. Having the car "wake up" when you walk near it because it recognizes the key, but then won't unlock the doors. or just plain not starting when you press the start button. So many things wrong with the interface. But I do like that it's all electric and has a 300 mile range (when you can get in it and get it to start).

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Funny enough, when I bought my MME, I was at the dealership to buy a GMC pickup. Two completely different use cases, which is why we have both of them.

I wonder what that says about my political leanings? ?
Bi? :) That would be the same as me, actually...

pooter03

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I'd say my the majority of encounters have very positive. I've only gotten two negative reactions:
1. Dude working in a car wash got mad at the car as it is not a Real Mustang ™️ and Ford ruined the entire Mustang line. He wasn't mad at me though. ?
2. Dude in another Mustang sitting at a red light looked over, scowled, revved his little vrroom vroom engine and peeled out.

Birdmanf16

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e4 X
Occupation
Retired AF, log home restoration contractor
Country flag
My wife got some more hate today....2 teenage boys yelling at her, telling her the car sucks, blah blah blah. Seriously, not sure why Ford just doesn't name it the Mach E. This would be a great name for a great car!

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
I have had a few people tell me it's not a real Mustang. It's cool, but not a Mustang. I just walk away.

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
15 pages of back and forth over the name??? I think that ship has sailed.... Ultimately it was Ford's decision to make.

I have had lots of people walk up to me to ask about the car. All have been very interested...

Only one started to whine about it not having a V8 & being an SUV. But even he said it was a really cool car.

Sunday I was in the driveway washing my MME. A car pulled up and he asked if he could take a look. After he walked around it and then sat in the driver's seat, all he could say was "Wow - This is a whole lot nicer than I thought it would be!" Then he admitted he was a Tesla sales rep. Enough said.....

And as far as ice cream flavors, the best is obviously salted caramel with pecans!! :)

Just for the record: I will never purchase another gasoline powered vehicle.

Jim

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
15 pages of back and forth over the name??? I think that ship has sailed.... Ultimately it was Ford's decision to make.

I have had lots of people walk up to me to ask about the car. All have been very interested...

Only one started to whine about it not having a V8 & being an SUV. But even he said it was a really cool car.

Sunday I was in the driveway washing my MME. A car pulled up and he asked if he could take a look. After he walked around it and then sat in the driver's seat, all he could say was "Wow - This is a whole lot nicer than I thought it would be!" Then he admitted he was a Tesla sales rep. Enough said.....

And as far as ice cream flavors, the best is obviously salted caramel with pecans!! :)

Just for the record: I will never purchase another gasoline powered vehicle.

Jim
Yep, once I went EV, i never looked back. Been almost 6 years now and such a joy still

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
15 pages? About a name? Amateurs. Back in my day on these forums that wouldn’t even qualify as a disagreement! You need at least 90 pages to determine if it’s even worthy f discussion! :p
Blasphemy! Heretic! Make them eat pie instead! Wait …. That’s not a punishment …

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
15 pages? About a name? Amateurs. Back in my day on these forums that wouldn’t even qualify as a disagreement! You need at least 90 pages to determine if it’s even worthy f discussion! :p

Blasphemy! Heretic! Make them eat pie instead! Wait …. That’s not a punishment …
We can make this go 90 pages............I'll start:

• Pineapple on pizza

????

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We can make this go 90 pages............I'll start:

• Pineapple on pizza

????
I ordered a pineapple and pepperoni pizza out here once. Just because. It was kind of good, in a forbidden and “wrong” sort of way. :p

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve also made pizza with tandoori sauce instead of tomato based sauce. When it comes to pizza ?, apparently my blasphemy knows no end.

My wife does not approve of my pizza misdeeds. :p
Sponsored