First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Did you even read what I posted?
I did, carry on and I will try to muddle through the ever constant references to, is that thing really a Mustang! :p

intoMME

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD Select w/Tech Pkg. Infinity Blue
Country flag
To anyone who says it is "not a mustang," I would say they are correct. A "real mustang" has a carburetor, a non-hatchback trunk, lap belts, and a live axle. Anything else must be a wannabe mustang, because manufacturers never make changes to a car and keep the same name.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
To anyone who says it is "not a mustang," I would say they are correct. A "real mustang" has a carburetor, a non-hatchback trunk, lap belts, and a live axle. Anything else must be a wannabe mustang, because manufacturers never make changes to a car and keep the same name.
To be fair, the above changes are things EVERY manufacturer has changed while keeping the same name.

Other than Ford, no one has turned a rwd ICE coupe into an AWD electric crossover.

I understand the #notamustang argument. Which is why when asked about the car I always do air quotes when I say “Mustang” and call my 69 Mach 1 my “real Mustang.”

In the end I consider it “kinda a Mustang,” but don’t feel strongly either way.

How much can you change something before it becomes something different? I go back to the Mustang minivan example…….

OP
OP
RKinWA

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
To be fair, the above changes are things EVERY manufacturer has changed while keeping the same name.

Other than Ford, no one has turned a rwd ICE coupe into an AWD electric crossover.

I understand the #notamustang argument. Which is why when asked about the car I always do air quotes when I say “Mustang” and call my 69 Mach 1 my “real Mustang.”

In the end I consider it “kinda a Mustang,” but don’t feel strongly either way.

How much can you change something before it becomes something different? I go back to the Mustang minivan example…….
To be fair, the exact same things would be said if it were an ICE crossover, so it's not being electric that is the issue, it's being a crossover. I remember the whole "It's not a Charger" outcry in 2005 when the first 4 door Chargers were released 🤣

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
It’s now officially a Mustang. My 6 yo granddaughter walked through our garage and pointed to my 65 convertible & my Mach-E and said “Those are the same kind of cars!“ There was no coaching on my part. I think she saw the same pony emblem on each. May have helped that they’re both red.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
At least the old & new are equally beautiful even if only in my opinion.

They each have horses.

However, when morons ask is it - the car which has horses all over it - a Jaguar? I could seriously kill.

Or, when the hard of thinking approach and ask is it - the thing of beauty - a TESLA? Well, I could happily tear their arms off and beat them to death with the soggy ends😂

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Not to feed into this, but I never wanted a Mustang before the Mach-E. My only experience with the Mustang before the Mach-E was a rental that I found to be overly loud, and due to being a convertible rag top that leaked air and I suspected water, I would never consider as a daily.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
To be fair, the exact same things would be said if it were an ICE crossover, so it's not being electric that is the issue, it's being a crossover. I remember the whole "It's not a Charger" outcry in 2005 when the first 4 door Chargers were released 🤣
Remember the Ford “Taurus X?”

#notataurus
Ford Mustang Mach-E That's not a Mustang IMG_9191

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
I can't wait for the Corvette SUV to come out. It's gonna be hilarious to see the fanboys wet themselves.

Ford Mustang Mach-E That's not a Mustang 1693251539462

Or

Ford Mustang Mach-E That's not a Mustang 1693251376199

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
At least the old & new are equally beautiful even if only in my opinion.

They each have horses.

However, when morons ask is it - the car which has horses all over it - a Jaguar? I could seriously kill.

Or, when the hard of thinking approach and ask is it - the thing of beauty - a TESLA? Well, I could happily tear their arms off and beat them to death with the soggy ends😂
At least (so far) nobody has asked me if it’s a Chebby. 🤪🐩

I betthe people who are asking you if it’s a Jag are at least pronouncing it “jag-you-are” instead of the barbaric way us Colonials do. 😅🐩

SpeedRacer72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E RWD select, 2018 Mustang
Country flag
So I was at the store today and some old guy was admiring my MME. When came out he asked, "What is this, is that a palomino?" I said, "No, it's a Mustang Mach-e" he said, "That's not a Mustang, must be a palomino" I said, "I'm not getting into the Mustang debate, I didn't name it, the people that created Mustang did, and they say it's a Mustang so that's good enough for me" and he stops then says, "Oh, you're serious, it really is a Mustang?" and then the conversation proceeded positively. He wasn't a "It's not a Mustang" person, he honestly didn't know it was a Mustang 🤣 Oh and now he wants one. 🤣
I just tell everyone my car identifies as a Mustang
Its not really a Mustang, but it dresses like one

It even wants to go to a gas station instead of a charging station when you use the navigator

Ford Mustang Mach-E That's not a Mustang IMG_2885

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I just tell everyone my car identifies as a Mustang
Its not really a Mustang, but it dresses like one

It even wants to go to a gas station instead of a charging station when you use the navigator

Ford Mustang Mach-E That's not a Mustang IMG_2885
Interesting. Mine identifies as blue. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Ford Mustang Mach-E That's not a Mustang IMG_3525

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Not to feed into this, but I never wanted a Mustang before the Mach-E. My only experience with the Mustang before the Mach-E was a rental that I found to be overly loud, and due to being a convertible rag top that leaked air and I suspected water, I would never consider as a daily.
I’d have loved one, a “real” Mustang that is, but wouldn’t get the tools in, MME’s THE most perfect works van I could ever hope for!

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
At least (so far) nobody has asked me if it’s a Chebby. 🤪🐩

I betthe people who are asking you if it’s a Jag are at least pronouncing it “jag-you-are” instead of the barbaric way us Colonials do. 😅🐩
It’s pars cars a jag you are and par drive rarther farst, not pairs automobiles a jag oo air and he whips it’s lilly wide assss

We give you a perfectly good language ……..
😂😂
Sponsored

Last edited: