Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Videography / Photographer
Country flag
Went to my first big car meet with the Mach E, in fact it's one of the biggest Cars & Coffee events in the U.S...I've got to say, I've never owned a car that has gotten so much attention. That being said, a good amount of that attention was sadly, very negative. It's sad how much hate is shown to this car, especially from fellow Mustang owners.

How many of you have experienced this sort of hate on your Mach E?
Sponsored

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I don't understand why people are annoyed at others being annoyed about the Mustang name.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
I don't understand why people are annoyed at others being annoyed about the Mustang name.
Because some people are just annoyed, and some people will squirt ketchup and mustard on them, or key them, or slash tires, all because of them thinking that their opinion on the name is greater than Ford's. (At least this is why I care.)

OP
OP

drivenfilms

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Country flag
It's not that I'm annoyed that they complain about the name. I couldn't care less, in fact if Ford decided to call it the Edsel, I'd still have bought it. (Ok, maybe not the Edsel...) The name itself doesn't matter to me.

I bought the Mach E over the Model Y because I trust Ford and I think that the Model Y looks like a turtle on wheels.

No one knew it was my car, since I was sitting at my company tent next to it where there were other show-worthy cars. The stuff I heard was pretty much unfiltered. I got a ton of "Holy shit that's ugly" and a few variations of "this guy must've voted for Biden" or "fuckin' liberal". Heck, both of those statements are completely false.

When a car begins to be attached to a political belief, especially one as hate and violence filled as what we've seen this past year, things get a little annoying.
This car seems to bring out the worst in the car community, that's for sure.

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
Because some people feel that have a right to deny the trademark holder from putting that trademark on whatever they please because somehow they are special...

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
The best thing I heard in one review was that this is actually the way to "save" the Mustang from extinction since the writing is on the wall for ICEs. I hadn't really thought about it that way before

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
It's not that I'm annoyed that they complain about the name. I couldn't care less, in fact if Ford decided to call it the Edsel, I'd still have bought it. (Ok, maybe not the Edsel...) The name itself doesn't matter to me.

I bought the Mach E over the Model Y because I trust Ford and I think that the Model Y looks like a turtle on wheels.

No one knew it was my car, since I was sitting at my company tent next to it where there were other show-worthy cars. The stuff I heard was pretty much unfiltered. I got a ton of "Holy shit that's ugly" and a few variations of "this guy must've voted for Biden" or "fuckin' liberal". Heck, both of those statements are completely false.

When a car begins to be attached to a political belief, especially one as hate and violence filled as what we've seen this past year, things get a little annoying.
This car seems to bring out the worst in the car community, that's for sure.
From the other side, I see the same concerns. I *am* a liberal, and I *did* vote for Biden, and absolutely none of that has to do with finally getting a (more) affordable, family sized, fully electric car that's got a good range and is fun to drive while also costing less to operate into the marketplace. We should ALL be celebrating that as far as I'm concerned.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
So far my experiences have all been positive. Got a few joking "four door mustang, what has the world come to?" comments from some guys in the workshop I share, but they were just messing around and really liked the design of the car after getting to look it over.

This weekend I parked near a group of other Mustangs and a few of the owners were outside when I was done shopping, they said I should have parked in the same row so we'd have all the generations in one row. I complimented their cars, and we had a good chat. I doubt we all had the same political beliefs but we had some good looking cars.

OP
OP

drivenfilms

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Country flag
So far my experiences have all been positive. Got a few joking "four door mustang, what has the world come to?" comments from some guys in the workshop I share, but they were just messing around and really liked the design of the car after getting to look it over.

This weekend I parked near a group of other Mustangs and a few of the owners were outside when I was done shopping, they said I should have parked in the same row so we'd have all the generations in one row. I complimented their cars, and we had a good chat. I doubt we all had the same political beliefs but we had some good looking cars.

To be fair, I did get a lot of positive comments. But like anything in life...the negative sticks out more than the positive.

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
Sadly, the MME GT PE being the quickest production "Mustang" ever built will just add to the aggravation of the perpetually outraged crowd. The consolation prize will be ICE having the higher top speed, but I can do 0 - the speed limit (or so...) at every light.

I have always been a Chevy guy, having owned 3 generations of Camaro's and two generations of trucks. Even so, I never understood the animosity between the Camaro and Mustang people or Ford and Chevy truck people. I guess competition and tribalism are in our DNA.

I live in Scottsdale now, so Mustangs and Teslas are near the bottom of the food chain when half the cars I pass are in the 6 figure range! Pretty sure my "Mustang" is invisible to those people, so I have not heard any comments, good or bad. LOL

AzCoronaDog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, '21 MME, '17 Yukon XL
Country flag
Some ass here in Arizona looked at my car as I was loading groceries into it and sneered, "Goddamn liberal." I just smiled and asked him how many miles per gallon he gets in his GMC pickup?
That was you? Sorry man, I was just kidding... it was before my MME got delivered. LOL

My GMC truck gets 16mpg when I drive it, but the wife gets 19mpg. (The accelerator pedal seems to stick for me.) I do love my giant truck, but I am so glad we are not going to the gas station every week anymore!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I guess competition and tribalism are in our DNA.
Yes, they are. A veneer of civilization and rationalism makes us think we've evolved beyond that, but deep down we are all still cavemen.

Chudsaviet

First Name
Timofei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 EV6 First Edition AWD, 2014 Leaf
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Went to my first big car meet with the Mach E, in fact it's one of the biggest Cars & Coffee events in the U.S...I've got to say, I've never owned a car that has gotten so much attention. That being said, a good amount of that attention was sadly, very negative. It's sad how much hate is shown to this car, especially from fellow Mustang owners.

How many of you have experienced this sort of hate on your Mach E?
Some people say "Its not a mustang", but they don't mean anything bad :)
Here, in Washington state, I get a ton of positive attention, from ICE Mustang drivers, Tesla driver, and just from random people :)
To be honest, I bought the Mach-E not for the Mustang brand, brands does not mean much for me. I bought it because it's a very good EV SUV with a reasonable price tag.
Sponsored