Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
It's not that I'm annoyed that they complain about the name. I couldn't care less, in fact if Ford decided to call it the Edsel, I'd still have bought it. (Ok, maybe not the Edsel...) The name itself doesn't matter to me.

I bought the Mach E over the Model Y because I trust Ford and I think that the Model Y looks like a turtle on wheels.

No one knew it was my car, since I was sitting at my company tent next to it where there were other show-worthy cars. The stuff I heard was pretty much unfiltered. I got a ton of "Holy shit that's ugly" and a few variations of "this guy must've voted for Biden" or "fuckin' liberal". Heck, both of those statements are completely false.

When a car begins to be attached to a political belief, especially one as hate and violence filled as what we've seen this past year, things get a little annoying.
This car seems to bring out the worst in the car community, that's for sure.

Ironically I've heard the opposite. One person said, "Damn, there are so many options in those settings I bet not a single iPhone user would be comfortable with this car. Must be mostly bought by Android users." This person associated iPhone users with liberals.

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
Ironically I've heard the opposite. One person said, "Damn, there are so many options in those settings I bet not a single iPhone user would be comfortable with this car. Must be mostly bought by Android users." This person associated iPhone users with liberals.
Haha, I'm so happy to finally get Apple CarPlay. Elon refuses to play with Apple. And, yes, I'm a proud liberal, but also an Apple fan from way back when...

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Haha, I'm so happy to finally get Apple CarPlay. Elon refuses to play with Apple. And, yes, I'm a proud liberal, but also an Apple fan from way back when...
Wait, Tesla's don't support Apple Car Play!? I'm so looking forward to wireless Car Play - I hate having to plug in my phone every time I want to use it.

jennq

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S/3/Y, Mach e GTP, Canoo/Lightning/R1S Resy
Country flag
Wait, Tesla's don't support Apple Car Play!? I'm so looking forward to wireless Car Play - I hate having to plug in my phone every time I want to use it.
Nope. He's trying to get us to buy subscriptions for things like music, nav with traffic, even lane changing in the Model Y Perf we bought a year ago for DH. Lane changing is included in my 2015 S, however. DH is not happy

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, Mustang Mach E! (Shadow Black)
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
And how much do you want to bet that the ev 911 won’t be a SUV? Same goes for the Corvette… wanna bet that won’t be a SUV?
GM is stating a possible sedan and SUV Corvette. The SUV is closer to going into production and the price will start at $100K. They'd like to break Corvette off into it's own nameplate, separate from Chevrolet.

Last edited:

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The only people who get to decide what is a Mustang is the leadership team at Ford.
We all have visions of the "proper order" of things. The favorite airplane I ever flew was the 747. When I think of the 747 I immediately think of the 747-200. Cause that's what I flew. Not the SP, not the -300, -400, or -800. I recognize that those are 747's, but they're not the 747. Not to me anyway.

I imagine for many it's the same way with the Mustang. But when it comes down to it, Ford decides. Just as Boeing does. The Mustang is a family of cars now. But there's still only one Mustang.*

*and in my mind, the last of those was built in 1967. ;)

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I built a Factory Five replica of a 1965 Shelby Cobra and even though it is basically a loud V8 street-legal racecar and looks totally bad ass, some car show snobs turn their nose up because it's "just a replica". This is powered by a Gen 2 Ford Coyote V8, same as in the Mustang GT.

51339695405_4f0ae0ca4d.jpg

There are so many people in my Cobra Club that sneer at the mere mention of an EV. I can't wait until my Mach E GT beats any Mustang up to a Shelby GT 500 in a drag race :)
Nice Factory Five, I especially like the Hallibrand style knock offs ??.

Regarding beating any GT up to a GT500, be careful there. Make sure they’re not sporting drag radials and/or a supercharger or other mods. The ‘18-up GT guys with the 10r80 10-speed auto are going deep in the 3s to 60 with light/moderate mods when on drag radials. And I’m not talking prepped surface track times either.

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
You are so right about the Corvette die-hards. They also had a conniption fit about the C8 becoming mid-engined. The C7 is what got me interested in Corvettes and I think it was the model that started getting the younger crowd like myself more interested in it.

I guess I've never had loyalty to a vehicle where I pushed against any changes or cared about the name. As soon as I heard about the Mach E I was captivated and didn't care what they named it. I have to admit the pony emblems look awesome though ;).
I love "Hot Rods"! I grew up around street rods and muscle cars. All auto makers have awesome cars and other vehicles...so I enjoy them equally. I never understood the "purest" approach. Progression can be messy, but, it's still progress! I look forward to other electric or hybrid street prowlers, whether two or four door... SUV or coupe. It's all cool!?

VaderMachE

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Supervisor
Country flag
I'm sure there are quite a few people that can't wrap their heads around that when you tell them.
Minds are blow?

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
We all have visions of the "proper order" of things. The favorite airplane I ever flew was the 747. When I think of the 747 I immediately think of the 747-200. Cause that's what I flew. Not the SP, not the -300, -400, or -800. I recognize that those are 747's, but they're not the 747. Not to me anyway.

I imagine for many it's the same way with the Mustang. But when it comes down to it, Ford decides. Just as Boeing does. The Mustang is a family of cars now. But there's still only one Mustang.*

*and in my mind, the last of those was built in 1967. ;)
Hmm, to think, I always thought the best 747 was an L-1011 ?. I kid, I kid….
Sponsored