It's November. Where is our Blue cruise update?

JustBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE, Impala, Santa Fe
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Seriously, when I bought my mach E in April it sounded like 1.2 was being released soon. Then 1.3 comes along and it's even better. Expected "later this year". Will it be when the ball is dropping in Times Square?
Sponsored

Ravensfan1996

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Was suppose to be end of summer, then they had some issues and said it would be later, its rolling out now, in phases, 6.1 6.2 6.3, etcā€¦.it will be a whole series of updates.

GoldNekNinja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Seriously, when I bought my mach E in April it sounded like 1.2 was being released soon. Then 1.3 comes along and it's even better. Expected "later this year". Will it be when the ball is dropping in Times Square?
Ah, see you forgot about Later this Yearā„¢ļø. In Fords terms, thatā€™s a 2025 release.

jpiazza67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium x
Country flag
It will always come slower than they say. Itā€™s a software update, par for the course as they say. Development, debugging, testing new software working with every different hardware config used build these cars. Itā€™s like building a houseā€¦delays, delays, delays.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
It was released soon, came equipped on the 23.5 cars.

OTA release is currently going on for everyone else.

Did anyone promise you anything different?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Ford found some issues and has halted everyone at 6.2.0. We're all awaiting resolution of these. For those of us who got past 6.2.0 and all is good (like my Lightning at 6.3.0), don't worry about it. You're fine.

So just a simple question: do you want it quickly or do you want it safe?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Ford found some issues and has halted everyone at 6.2.0. We're all awaiting resolution of these. For those of us who got past 6.2.0 and all is good (like my Lightning at 6.3.0), don't worry about it. You're fine.

So just a simple question: do you want it quickly or do you want it safe?
2021s got halted at 6.1ā€¦ I think weā€™ve been waiting about 6 weeks now to get unstuck?

I also agree, it is now looking highly unlikely that we get 1.3 before end of the year. I believe end of year is currently the 2021ā€™s drop dead date to make a decision on whether to re-up BC for 3 years for $600. If Ford canā€™t get their shit figured out on OTA, I think Iā€™ll pass.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I also agree, it is now looking highly unlikely that we get 1.3 before end of the year. I believe end of year is currently the 2021ā€™s drop dead date to make a decision on whether to re-up BC for 3 years for $600. If Ford canā€™t get their shit figured out on OTA, I think Iā€™ll pass.
A little birdie said the BC end date will be extended until after folks get 1.3.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
2021s got halted at 6.1ā€¦ I think weā€™ve been waiting about 6 weeks now to get unstuck?
Yes but that hold is now broader than 2021s. Anyone who has not yet received 6.2.0 is likely to be on hold at 6.1.0 for a while.
Sponsored