Juicebox is changing their app - again!!

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I was happy with my juicebox, but it crapped out on me. Its been a week and they haven't shipped my new one out, even though i left a deposit for advanced replacement. Ive had to rely on public charging which is fine since there's a 100kw literally 2 mins from my house but it sucks that im paying more to charge now.
Sponsored

dcbr

First Name
don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru outback, 2021 Mach- E Premium ER RWD
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I am pleased with my Juicebox charger, but given all the idiosyncrasies and bugs in the app, I see no or little advantage of using it over the charging functions in the Ford Pass app.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My juicebox was super hot, too hot. I had called last year and they told me all was ok.

I left for florida and a week ago called them to complain again. This time they sent me a new unit.

as an FYI, I checked the other day and the old units plug measured approx 130 degrees

received the new unit yesterday and reading was 87 degrees. Much better and safer . Both readings for old and new unit were at 40 amp. I had downrated the old unit to 32 amp to reduce temp on it.

this leads me to the next question. I can’t seem to change the charging speed down from 40 amp with the new app. I changed the amp from 40 to 32, no change.

I change pad the the kw from 9.5 to 7 and no change

any thoughts?

I did like the old software better. It just worked.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
My juicebox was super hot, too hot. I had called last year and they told me all was ok.

I left for florida and a week ago called them to complain again. This time they sent me a new unit.

as an FYI, I checked the other day and the old units plug measured approx 130 degrees

received the new unit yesterday and reading was 87 degrees. Much better and safer . Both readings for old and new unit were at 40 amp. I had downrated the old unit to 32 amp to reduce temp on it.

this leads me to the next question. I can’t seem to change the charging speed down from 40 amp with the new app. I changed the amp from 40 to 32, no change.

any thoughts?

New NEC requirements dictate that the amperage can only be changed by a “qualified person” AKA not the homeowner. ChargePoint did the same thing and removed it in their app after initial setup. You probably have to call customer service now to change the amp setting, but maybe someone else knows.

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
This thread made me order a ChargePoint Flex.

Graction

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Mach-e GT
Country flag

any thoughts?

When you say no change do you mean the app wouldn’t save the new amp setting or it was still charging at the original rate after changing it?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When you say no change do you mean the app wouldn’t save the new amp setting or it was still charging at the original rate after changing it?
The amp or kw did change in the juicebox app but the KW shown in Fordpass was still 8 no matter what the Juicebox app said.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Back in January when Enel X forced users to migrate to their new app, I was none too pleased. The new app was clearly non-functional (literally non-functional for me). About a month later, finally the app woke up and "realized" I really did have a charger and started kind-of working. All of this didn't bother me too much because, as other's have pointed out if you are not using the smart features, the thing "just works".

Now, 4 months later and things have gotten worse. It now has been resetting my settings (sounds similar to @MisterSofa) and pausing my charging. Note I've never set Time Of Use, so it's not clear to me why it suddenly decided I wanted time-of-use.

I decided to remove the charger from the app, and just go through setup again. Perhaps it was gremlins. Unfortunately, I am unable to re-add the charger. The app will just spin constantly at the WiFi setup. I've tried everything, rebooting phone, uninstalling / re-installing app., unplugging JuiceBox and re-plugging. NOthing gets the app to on-board the charger.

I'm done with JuiceBox. If you look at the reviews on Google Play store, the app is a 1.3 stars. That's among the worst scores, and lower than even clearly-scam apps that basically just steal your money get. I can't understand why this company has done this. I can't support a company that makes their product unusable in this way.

I've reached out to them, and they basically respond with "we are working on some of these issues". Ok, but meanwhile can you re-enable the old app and remove the new app from the app stores? Their refusal here is just not tenable, and now it's time for me to vote with my dollars. I mean, if I an EVSE won't actually "S" the "E", then its useless.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Will the juicebox work without connecting it.

in other words, plug it into a 14-50 outlets and then plug juicebox into the car. Just don’t connect to the internet, a dumb EVSE

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Will the juicebox work without connecting it.

in other words, plug it into a 14-50 outlets and then plug juicebox into the car. Just don’t connect to the internet, a dumb EVSE
I can't get the app to re-pair, so the JuiceBox appears "stuck" with the previous configuration even thought he app can't "see" it. I probably will try blocking it from the internet from my Unifi controller, maybe that will make it dumber and force it to "just work"

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can't get the app to re-pair, so the JuiceBox appears "stuck" with the previous configuration even thought he app can't "see" it. I probably will try blocking it from the internet from my Unifi controller, maybe that will make it dumber and force it to "just work"
I thought there was a way to reset it. See below but you probably need to connect first to reset. Good luck

https://support-emobility.enelx.com...In the lefthand navigation menu,Select Delete.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Pro tip - hate the new app? Here's how to get back on the old app.

1) Buy a 2nd charger.
2) Try to setup load sharing and find out you cannot.
3) They'll migrate you back to the old app, takes 24 hours.
4) Use the old app, with all its bells and whistles.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Pro tip - hate the new app? Here's how to get back on the old app.

1) Buy a 2nd charger.
2) Try to setup load sharing and find out you cannot.
3) They'll migrate you back to the old app, takes 24 hours.
4) Use the old app, with all its bells and whistles.
I one-upped you. I just bought a Grizzl-E and took the Juicebox down. I'll vote with my dollars, and I'll vote by attempting to convince as many people as possible to never, ever, purchase any products from Enel X.

It appears they are pivoting to public charging and away from home charging.

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I one-upped you. I just bought a Grizzl-E and took the Juicebox down. I'll vote with my dollars, and I'll vote by attempting to convince as many people as possible to never, ever, purchase any products from Enel X.

It appears they are pivoting to public charging and away from home charging.
I almost bought the Grizzl-E but ultimately went with the ChargePoint Home Flex. It's been flawless so far, but still curious how the Grizzl-E holds up.
Sponsored