Giterdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
Polestar told me, upgraded paint does not affect sale value, ie will keep cost below 50k they are trying to confirm towbar as well. They say UK Gov are slow to confirm.
Sponsored

ccarpen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I Pace
Country flag
Polestar told me, upgraded paint does not affect sale value, ie will keep cost below 50k they are trying to confirm towbar as well. They say UK Gov are slow to confirm.
Presumably, you're referring to the qualification of the PiCG (capped at Ā£50k) rather than the sale value?

Tesla takes the approach that additional options don't affect PiCG qualification, but you're right to check this with Polestar.

I like the Polestar 2 too, but the value proposition compared to MME doesn't quite stack up for me. If/when I could deselect some of the option packages to bring the 2 down to c.Ā£40k, I would definitely be more interested.

OP
OP

Giterdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
Yeah u are same boat as me. Surprised the Mach e is coming out with lower specked versions as well so early.
That was attraction for me as well. I live in the sticks and smart driving features not required. Nice to have, but the basic mach e was more than enough for my requirements.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
In the US, at reservation stage, was the MME said to be delivered late 2020, early 2021 or Fall 2020?

Just trying to understand how much of an actual delay, if any, US customers are expecting. Iā€™m confused by people saying they canā€™t wait, when to me it looks like, at most, a 2 month delay in some instances, no delay in another and an earlier than expected delivery for those who were anticipating a European delivery priority. Why would anyone reserve a car called a 2021 Mustang Mach E if a winter 2020 delivery was always going to be too late?
On the US Ford website the dates have not changed. The First Edition and Premium have always been listed as 'late 2020', Select and CA Route1 as 'early 2021' and the GT as 'Spring 2021'.

Pre-COVID the European and US deliveries were supposed to be at the same time. Pre-COVID speculation was October 2020 for the first deliveries. Now with the delay the latest rumor is mid-late Nov for the first US deliveries.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 GTPE
Country flag
On the US Ford website the dates have not changed. The First Edition and Premium have always been listed as 'late 2020', Select and CA Route1 as 'early 2021' and the GT as 'Spring 2021'.
Thatā€™s what I thought. Donā€™t know why people are cancelling because of ā€œdelaysā€... UK/Europe I can understand, but not for the US.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm not off the ship yet, but I doubt I am going to convert my reservation to an order in 2 weeks. I'm leaning heavily into waiting until next spring to make a decision, so I can have actual real facts about the car, true performance/range, reviews, leasing rates, and most importantly issues that early adopters are having. I'll be able to place an order then for a 2022 which I'll likely end up getting delivered late next year. I don't see the fed tax credits starting to decrease before jan 2022, so it feels like a better gamble than beta testing an early car about which I know very little other than that they are scrambling to get it out.
That's exactly my feelings right now too. Although the possibility of getting a 2021 off the lot next summer is a potential option too. I do think there will be quite a few reservations canceled because of inability to do enough real research on the vehicle first. Possibly allowing for many "normal" sales from inventory.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Thatā€™s what I thought. Donā€™t know why people are cancelling because of ā€œdelaysā€... UK/Europe I can understand, but not for the US.
There have been three delays I know of:
1) The Cuautitlan plant was supposed to go into production in (1) fall or (2) June depending on the source. The official word at the production launch was fall. Later it was refined to June. It now looks more like August
2) Reservation-to-order conversion was (1) spring 2020 or (2) May 2020. It's now June 2020
3) European deliveries were scheduled to coincide with US deliveries. Now those have been moved from late 2020 delivery of FEs and Premiums to early 2021.

On the other hand, Ford is still promising US delivery to start in late 2020 for FEs and Premiums.

A big problem is COVID-19 has made people think there has been more of a delay than there really has been. Yes, Europeans (especially Dutch) have a valid gripe about their deliveries being delayed to 2021, especially due to tax changes.

The biggest mistake Ford has made is continued poor communication. They could, and I think should, have made it a point to reach out to all reservation holders on a regular basis. I've received five emails:

November 17 "Congratulations on Your Reservation for a New Mustang Mach-E"
December 19 "Welcome to the Ford Newsletter" (haven't seen a newsletter since)
January 22 "Nice Choice ! YOU RESERVED IT.* AND WE CANā€™T WAIT TO UNLEASH IT"
March 3 "Your Mustang Mach-E. Tomorrowā€™s technology unleashed"
May 15 "Designers talk Mustang Mach-E" on May 15,

99% of information in the subsequent messages was from the November launch.

99% of the new information I've learned about the Mustang Mach E after launch was from the Mach E Forum and Mach E Club fora. These are great sources and much of the information is positive but much is gripes, including lack of communication from Ford. People see plants shut down and a few real delays and start mapping that to delays everywhere. Perception is huge. Unfortunately Ford has done almost nothing to control the message, so the message has been controlled by everyone else.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
This past weekend, I almost picked up a 2019 Jaguar i Pace First Edition that was still new and sitting on the showroom floor. I made an offer that wasn't much more than what Ford will be asking for the extended range AWD Premium. The lowest they would take was $5k above my offer and I considered trying to meet them half way.

In the end I decided to wait to see if I will get the opportunity to convert my reservation number to a real order for an MME.......but I might not be able to wait that long. The i Pace is for sale now. The MME might be quite a wait still....

Decisions....
Iā€™m keeping the I-Pace as a backup option if I end up disappointed by the GT when more is known or I test drive it in 2021.
Although there are no guarantees, I think deals on the I-Pace (which I think is proving to be priced too high for what the market will support) will be available again. In fact, I just looked within 300 miles of me, and Jaguar Southwest Houston is already advertising a 2020 SE at $14k below MSRP and a 2020 HSE at $10k below MSRP. So deals are already starting to move even non-demo 2020s.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
There have been three delays I know of:
1) The Cuautitlan plant was supposed to go into production in (1) fall or (2) June depending on the source. The official word at the production launch was fall. Later it was refined to June. It now looks more like August
2) Reservation-to-order conversion was (1) spring 2020 or (2) May 2020. It's now June 2020
3) European deliveries were scheduled to coincide with US deliveries. Now those have been moved from late 2020 delivery of FEs and Premiums to early 2021.

On the other hand, Ford is still promising US delivery to start in late 2020 for FEs and Premiums.

A big problem is COVID-19 has made people think there has been more of a delay than there really has been. Yes, Europeans (especially Dutch) have a valid gripe about their deliveries being delayed to 2021, especially due to tax changes.

The biggest mistake Ford has made is continued poor communication. They could, and I think should, have made it a point to reach out to all reservation holders on a regular basis. I've received five emails:

November 17 "Congratulations on Your Reservation for a New Mustang Mach-E"
December 19 "Welcome to the Ford Newsletter" (haven't seen a newsletter since)
January 22 "Nice Choice ! YOU RESERVED IT.* AND WE CANā€™T WAIT TO UNLEASH IT"
March 3 "Your Mustang Mach-E. Tomorrowā€™s technology unleashed"
May 15 "Designers talk Mustang Mach-E" on May 15,

99% of information in the subsequent messages was from the November launch.

99% of the new information I've learned about the Mustang Mach E after launch was from the Mach E Forum and Mach E Club fora. These are great sources and much of the information is positive but much is gripes, including lack of communication from Ford. People see plants shut down and a few real delays and start mapping that to delays everywhere. Perception is huge. Unfortunately Ford has done almost nothing to control the message, so the message has been controlled by everyone else.
Of course, the other issue is lots of folks who reserved a Mustang Mach E weren't ready to wait an entire year. Since many haven't seen one in person yet (especially due to COVID-19 cancelling auto shows), it's not easy to hold excitement if new shiny competitors come along.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Of course, the other issue is lots of folks who reserved a Mustang Mach E weren't ready to wait an entire year. Since many haven't seen one in person yet (especially due to COVID-19 cancelling auto shows), it's not easy to hold excitement if new shiny competitors come along.
I agree, if you were lucky enough to see it in person you may feel more attachment to it. The lack of auto shows is a detriment to the marketing. If more people could go out and see it they might hold onto their reservation.

I was lucky enough to see it twice at work, the day after the reveal.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Jumping ship, i think. E68D6C41-3346-43B1-A6E5-7FB7D07A15BB

And again in January
Ford Mustang Mach-E Jumping ship, i think. D1E0D66C-790F-4680-9CAE-4333EB453C76

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 GTPE
Country flag
I get it... and I agree, fords comms have been poor, but Iā€™m not entirely sure this a problem exclusive to Ford, especially not in the current environment. Do we really know any more about the XC40 or Polestar than we do about the Mach-E? Other than theyā€™re arriving earlier? Does anyone know first hand if the sentiment on their forums is not similar to ours? Genuine question for anyone who is cheating on us ?

Cancelling for an iPace or Tesla is not something I would do, but I get why someone would. Less so a new to market MME competitor. I guess everyone has their reasons at the end of the day.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I get it... and I agree, fords comms have been poor, but Iā€™m not entirely sure this a problem exclusive to Ford, especially not in the current environment. Do we really know any more about the XC40 or Polestar than we do about the Mach-E? Other than theyā€™re arriving earlier? Does anyone know first hand if the sentiment on their forums is not similar to ours? Genuine question for anyone who is cheating on us ?

Cancelling for an iPace or Tesla is not something I would do, but I get why someone would. Less so a new to market MME competitor. I guess everyone has their reasons at the end of the day.
One other thing I find interesting as well; the Bronco is not supposed to be released until this year like the Mach-E, yet we don't even have an official picture from Ford of what that looks like. We know so much more information about the Mach-E compared to the Bronco. As far as I'm concerned, its standard Car development cadence.

The one difference is they have taken reservations. Being fully refundable at any time and for any reason makes that less of a difference to me. I do wish they would clearly communicate the order/delivery process but maybe that is their plan in 2 weeks.

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 GTPE
Country flag
Iā€™m keeping the I-Pace as a backup option if I end up disappointed by the GT when more is known or I test drive it in 2021.
The delay in the UK now has me leaning towards the GT, especially with the new scrappage scheme. I need to wait to hear all the details but in theory, if vehicle ownership has to be 1 year or more to qualify, I could get the GT for less than the AWD ER Iā€™m waiting on. That is if Fords follows the same pricing structure. If qualifying ownership is 6 months, which I think is unlikely, then Iā€™d probably stay with the AWD ER as Ā£6k off that would be fantastic since it doesnā€™t qualify for the current Ā£3.5k grant.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
In the US, at reservation stage, was the MME said to be delivered late 2020, early 2021 or Fall 2020?

Just trying to understand how much of an actual delay, if any, US customers are expecting. Iā€™m confused by people saying they canā€™t wait, when to me it looks like, at most, a 2 month delay in some instances, no delay in another and an earlier than expected delivery for those who were anticipating a European delivery priority. Why would anyone reserve a car called a 2021 Mustang Mach E if a winter 2020 delivery was always going to be too late?
I thought the reservation announcement said reservations could convert to orders in Spring 2020 and first deliveries in Fall 2020? Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part.

Still holding out hope I will get to buy one of these things but it is hard when a brand new First Edition I pace can be had for $70k and it can be driven home today.

Magna built the I Pace for Jaguar in Austria. Some here are familiar with Magna's support to Ford regarding EV technology. I expect a lot of Magna tech in the MME as well so it might be worth waiting for. Just getting impatient I guess...
:)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Here's the original timeline. They've clearly screwed the pooch on the monthly emails from Ford. Conversion has moved from spring to summer.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Jumping ship, i think. reservation to delivery timelin
Sponsored