YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD ER (Job 2)
Country flag
Assuming they confirm it is the HVBJB, reman parts are currently available through Ford. Last week it only took my dealer 2 business days to get the reman HVBJB for my car.
That definitely brings me some relief. I think it's just that the dealership only has one EV tech to actually work the issue.

I called back today to see if they had any updates and we just got told again "We may be able to start looking at it by early next week"... so looks like we're stuck until at minimum early next week before they'll even start trying to diagnose it. They seemed pretty ticked off I was calling though after they told me yesterday it would be next week. I don't know what else they expect though, some people rely on these cars to make it to work and paying $45 a day for a rental until they can even diagnose it absolutely sucks - that's almost our entire car note in just a rental.
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
That definitely brings me some relief. I think it's just that the dealership only has one EV tech to actually work the issue.
<SNIP>
I think this is an issue at a lot of dealerships. Pile on top of that the fact that some dealerships wonā€™t let non-certified mechanics touch an EV (even for simple stuff like replacing wiper blades), and the poor EV tech is piled on by an over abundance of stuff to do. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ©

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think this is an issue at a lot of dealerships. Pile on top of that the fact that some dealerships wonā€™t let non-certified mechanics touch an EV (even for simple stuff like replacing wiper blades), and the poor EV tech is piled on by an over abundance of stuff to do. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ©

So we just heard from the dealer today.

Itā€™s not the HVBJB, even worse. The entire battery unit needs replaced. The dealership basically said itā€™s rare but does happen to every few cars. Theyā€™re not sure what happened and it doesnā€™t look like it has anything to do with our charging, driving or anything like that. So looks like weā€™re just extremely unlucky and have a faulty battery unit. We were quoted about 10 days to get the part in, but at least we have a rental for now.

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There is about a 0.1% chance that is accurate. You probably need a need battery module, not the whole thing

Iā€™m just saying exactly what they told us.

I got this text and called right afterwards for clarification. I was told by the advisor they spoke to ford and the next step is to ā€œreplace the entire unitā€

Ford Mustang Mach-E Just confirmed - no eta on HVBJB replacements for GT IMG_0112

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm not saying YOU are wrong in stating what the dealer told you. I'm saying the person at the dealer telling you that is wrong
I havenā€™t actually gotten the chance to talk to the actual tech either- just the service advisor. Itā€™s been a little vague on what information weā€™ve gotten about the issue too.

I have a case with the Ford BEV team too, but I guess all I can do is wait ā˜¹

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Gimme_my_MME was spot on.

After speaking with the actual tech, itā€™s not the entire battery unit. I think our service advisor had a communication break with the tech and informed us incorrectly. It is that our HVBJB is toasted and one of the contactors is closed shut. Our part was ordered Thursday and hopefully weā€™ll hear something this week!

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just an update on our timeline.

05/28 - Car first experienced issue, towed into dealership.

5/30 - Dealership took in car and started diagnosis.

06/08 - Car diagnosis completed and part was ordered.

06/12 - Dealership informed us they did not have any new updates

06/13 - Spoke to BEV rep, was informed she will try to get a status update on the part and may not be able to get back with me today. Service Advisor reached out late yesterday and told us they were still waiting on Ford (whatever that means).

06/14 - No news as of yet and also nothing from BEV rep yet.

We were told 1 week - 10 days so Iā€™m hoping they get the part in late this week.

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Just an update on our timeline.

05/28 - Car first experienced issue, towed into dealership.

5/30 - Dealership took in car and started diagnosis.

06/08 - Car diagnosis completed and part was ordered.

06/12 - Dealership informed us they did not have any new updates

06/13 - Spoke to BEV rep, was informed she will try to get a status update on the part and may not be able to get back with me today. Service Advisor reached out late yesterday and told us they were still waiting on Ford (whatever that means).

06/14 - No news as of yet and also nothing from BEV rep yet.

We were told 1 week - 10 days so Iā€™m hoping they get the part in late this week.
Which dealer are you at? I had mine at Autonation Ford on Broadway in Littleton. Had to ride them like the Kentucky Derby to get any accountability and action. I'm always amazed when companies think that they can cut customer service and make money.

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Which dealer are you at? I had mine at Autonation Ford on Broadway in Littleton. Had to ride them like the Kentucky Derby to get any accountability and action. I'm always amazed when companies think that they can cut customer service and make money.
Oā€™Meara Ford on 104th Ave in Northglenn

Weā€™ve had to do the exact same thing. We asked yesterday what they meant by ā€œwaiting on fordā€ or if theyā€™re just still waiting on the part and our service advisor has pretty much ghosted us since Tuesday.

They did say 1 week - 10 days so I canā€™t really be mad at them, but our communication has been so vague with them - 90% of the time our text updates are just word salad with no real indication to whatā€™s actually being done or waited on.

We only brought it there because we heard theyā€™re usually great for service, but turns out thatā€™s only the case if you have an ICE Ford.

YunniorO

First Name
Yunnior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
just another update:

I spoke to our EV rep yesterday and Iā€™m fully fed up with the dealership.

Our EV rep told me that she has tried to get ahold of the dealership multiple times and has not been able to. She left multiple voicemails for our advisor and got no phone calls returned. Iā€™m pretty sure our dealership did not order the part through the correct channels and they still donā€™t have the HVBJB with no ETA on when the part will be there (which I know is common and Iā€™m not too upset about that specifically, itā€™s primarily the communication weā€™ve gotten). The EV rep is now going to the GM as they havenā€™t responded to any of her inquiries.

Our advisor is just straight up confused too. She still keeps saying ā€œwhole battery unitā€ even though I already spoke to the service manager and got the part number they ordered which is clearly the HVBJB (i attached their last text to us).

The exact part number they ordered on Thursday is nk4z-10c666-c which comes up as the HVBJB. Not sure where the advisor is getting ā€œwhole battery unitā€ - it sounds like thereā€™s a massive communication break with advisor and actual tech.

IMG_0135.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: