Full throttle limit on GT & GTPE: Did it just change?

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Hopefully someone can confirm or reject this with some additional testing but I think the full throttle mapping may have changed. I just got a crap ton of updates over the past two weeks and I'm now running 6.7.0.

I managed to do a total of 3 pulls to the 70-80mph range. Two rolling and one from a dead stop. Jail bars were minimal on the rolling (two bars). The dead stop pull had minimal jail bars during the entire pull, but for a brief moment after the pull, there were about seven or eight bars (guess) that were present for just a few seconds. Full throttle recovery seems quicker.

Another surprise was that I couldn't break the front tires loose like I used to be able to. Outside temp was 42° and road conditions were damp.

It feels like maybe Ford dialed the power back a little bit but raise the top-end limit.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I want to believe.
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hopefully someone can confirm or reject this with some additional testing but I think the full throttle mapping may have changed. I just got a crap ton of updates over the past two weeks and I'm now running 6.7.0.

I managed to do a total of 3 pulls to the 70-80mph range. Two rolling and one from a dead stop. Jail bars were minimal on the rolling (two bars). The dead stop pull had minimal jail bars during the entire pull, but for a brief moment after the pull, there were about seven or eight bars (guess) that were present for just a few seconds. Full throttle recovery seems quicker.

Another surprise was that I couldn't break the front tires loose like I used to be able to. Outside temp was 42° and road conditions were damp.

It feels like maybe Ford dialed the power back a little bit but raise the top-end limit.

I want to believe.
What do you “feel” the top limit was lifted to? I would think that would be something noticeable if increased by a second or two.

OP
OP
Electric Goat

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
What do you “feel” the top limit was lifted to? I would think that would be something noticeable if increased by a second or two.
I don't know. I ran out of road to safety test this. I'm hoping that someone with better road conditions can test this out. It felt like the car was still pulling power but it didn't just hit a brick wall like it used to.

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag

I want to believe.
Were the wipers on? What drive mode?

Could be ford dialing back the power a bit when raining which also extends the power limit accordingly.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Max power might be more limited because the battery is cold. To rule that out, perform a departure time preconditioning before testing so you start with a warm battery pack.

Yes, I think there were some other observations that the jail bar recover time was a little faster with the newer powertrain software. At full throttle it's probably the same 0-60 time and limit as before.

Could just be the software that calculates the bars is different, but same power output.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
If it pulls better from 60-70+, that’d be great for highway passing of slower cars. Hope it’s true. Guess we’ll have to wait til someone draggys it.

OP
OP
Electric Goat

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
Max power might be more limited because the battery is cold. To rule that out, perform a departure time preconditioning before testing so you start with a warm battery pack.

Yes, I think there were some other observations that the jail bar recover time was a little faster with the newer powertrain software. At full throttle it's probably the same 0-60 time and limit as before.

Could just be the software that calculates the bars is different, but same power output.
Ah, yes. That makes sense. I just looked back at my driving log. The drive took place at 3 pm But my afternoon precondition is set for 345pm... So the battery was definitely not the warmest.

OP
OP
Electric Goat

Electric Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT
Occupation
3x HVBJB Failure Tester
Country flag
If it pulls better from 60-70+, that’d be great for highway passing of slower cars. Hope it’s true. Guess we’ll have to wait til someone draggys it.
It pulled pretty great from a roll (15mph to about 80mph). But, yes. Hopefully someone can retest this with draggy.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I’m highly skeptical at this point. Hope I’m proven wrong.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
It sounds like unbridled extend.

dgilles428

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-e GTpe, 20 Lincoln Corsair,19 Ford T350HD
Occupation
retired IT manager
Country flag
Hopefully one of those guys with a Dragy is still around here and sees this.
I bought a Dragy but was never able to get it to work in my Mach-e .. it acted like it couldn't access satellites .. I thought maybe the windshield was the problem .. has anyone else experienced this?

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag

I will second what Lee is saying here. With my premium I noticed a little difference when the battery was cold. Now that I have a GTPE I notice a huge difference when the battery is cold. When I preheat it drives like summer.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

I want to believe.
I dunno.

Just sounds like your car was cold, it pulled a little power (as shown by the gray bars and lack of tire spin) and then you let off when it would normally start pulling a ton of power (75 mph).

This sounds pretty normal winter stuff.

Maybe recovery is faster but since it’s some strange algorithm we have no clue how to calculate a before and after to see if it changed.

Side note- hate your title. Gave me false hopes!! 😜
Sponsored