Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I asked my dealer not to install the front plate here in Cali, they said they legally have to and can not sell me the car without them installing the front plate. Even asked if they could velcrow it on until we leave the lot they said no :(
No, they don't legally have to...my dealership didn't install mine...they said that they don't install the front plate on any of the GTs, unless asked.
Sponsored

kayzoqueen

First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mach-E GT, Jaguar F-Type, Jeep Rubicon
Country flag
No, they don't legally have to...my dealership didn't install mine...they said that they don't install the front plate on any of the GTs, unless asked.
I didn't think that either but they said Ford makes them, this is the Thousand Oaks dealer I am talking about :(

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I asked my dealer not to install the front plate here in Cali, they said they legally have to and can not sell me the car without them installing the front plate. Even asked if they could velcrow it on until we leave the lot they said no :(
Mine made me sign a waiver. I would have been fine with them using double-sided tape to attach it if they would not have left well enough alone. 🤔🐩

I can’t comment on whether the dealer is legally required to install the bracket. I do know that having a front plate is required by law in CA. 🤷‍♂️🐩

OP
OP
Bodyshopguy

Bodyshopguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e GT/2020 BMW 750iM/60 Vette/12 Wrangler
Occupation
Collision Center(s) Owner
Country flag
I don't think it's a legal issue... I just think they should hold out... and ask the customer... I ordered the car... at my collision centers... we always wait... ask the customer... then, install it... it's a simple fix it ticket...and now they have decals and cleaner ways for mounting them... tow brackets... etc

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
I didn't think that either but they said Ford makes them, this is the Thousand Oaks dealer I am talking about :(
They're lying. What!!! A dealership that lies!!! What a surprise.

SignMD

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GTPE, 2023 BMW iX
Country flag
After you plastic weld those holes, you can put a license plate wrap over the repair. It is fully legal under a pilot program in California. https://licenseplatewrap.com/

588A2D91-BE28-4417-BD18-FBA1C7C545E6.jpeg
Wow probably one of the first rational, logical and practical things I've ever seen out of that crazy State out there.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
That's a bummer. Front plates are mandated here in Jersey but I just threatened the dealer over the phone and he made sure no drills came near the bumper.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
OP
OP
Bodyshopguy

Bodyshopguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e GT/2020 BMW 750iM/60 Vette/12 Wrangler
Occupation
Collision Center(s) Owner
Country flag
I've watched many you tube video and read numerous reviews... comparing the Mach-e to the Tesla Y... most of them talk about all the issues with the Mach-e. In my option, the Tesla isn't even close... the interior, handling and overall appearance of the Mach-e outshines the Tesla... The only thing I would change is the sound piped in or have other sound options... I test drove the BMW i4 ... the sound in "sport boost mode" was created by Harman Kardon... it was awesome... i4 is just too small for someone tall... I know everyone like the GT wheels... But, I don't care for them... I bought some aftermarket wheels... which I rarely do on new cars... but, I'll post some photos tomorrow with the new wheels on it. The charging with Tesla is better... that's for sure but, electric cars are here to stay... if the normal gas stations step it up... there will be charging stations at everyone corner in the near future... this my first electric car... I'm looking forward to putting a ton a miles on it... The Mach-e GT looks classy and super fast... and handles like a dream with the MagneRide suspension.

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
That is really cool and congratulations. I am about a week away from my MME GTPE. I have asked the dealer to not drill the plates but I will remind then again. I bought a Sto N Sho bracket and will bring it with me. If I get any attitude about them having to install it before I leave, I will just get under the car, install the bracket and tell to put the paper plate on my bracket.

Right now I am "working" with them on the price protection so I do not have to spend the extra $3K.

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
I've watched many you tube video and read numerous reviews... comparing the Mach-e to the Tesla Y... most of them talk about all the issues with the Mach-e. In my option, the Tesla isn't even close... the interior, handling and overall appearance of the Mach-e outshines the Tesla... The only thing I would change is the sound piped in or have other sound options... I test drove the BMW i4 ... the sound in "sport boost mode" was created by Harman Kardon... it was awesome... i4 is just too small for someone tall... I know everyone like the GT wheels... But, I don't care for them... I bought some aftermarket wheels... which I rarely do on new cars... but, I'll post some photos tomorrow with the new wheels on it. The charging with Tesla is better... that's for sure but, electric cars are here to stay... if the normal gas stations step it up... there will be charging stations at everyone corner in the near future... this my first electric car... I'm looking forward to putting a ton a miles on it... The Mach-e GT looks classy and super fast... and handles like a dream with the MagneRide suspension.
Jeff,
Your GT has Magneride suspension? Thought only GTPE has it.....
Even with the Magneride, it's a little bouncy at times, overall it handles very well for a 5000 lb ride....

I love being diff from others in my neighborhood as they ALL have Teslas (3, Y, X, S)

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I believe the holes are predrilled. They are indicated by dimples in the bumper. They are supposed to rivet the bracket on.
Sponsored