Full throttle limit on GT & GTPE: Did it just change?

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
L
I bought a Dragy but was never able to get it to work in my Mach-e .. it acted like it couldn't access satellites .. I thought maybe the windshield was the problem .. has anyone else experienced this?
interesting, the iPhone 15 pros seem to have massive amounts of gps issues. I’m not sure if the coatings on the windows could really block it but you only need maybe 4 sat links to get draggy to work. More says needed for actual nav.
Sponsored

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
L

interesting, the iPhone 15 pros seem to have massive amounts of gps issues. I’m not sure if the coatings on the windows could really block it but you only need maybe 4 sat links to get draggy to work. More says needed for actual nav.
From what I understand AA and ACP don't use the phones GPS they use the cars. So this wouldn't be a problem with the phone it would be a problem with ACP integration

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
I sold my GT so can't tell but this would be interesting because now a year with my select, and constant acceleration, it performs overall better than the GT on my daily spirited driving, GT is better in traffic lights, but heavy accelerations with 100+ mph speeds on 20 mile drive the select is more fun, same level of power is there with no throttling.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I sold my GT so can't tell but this would be interesting because now a year with my select, and constant acceleration, it performs overall better than the GT on my daily spirited driving, GT is better in traffic lights, but heavy accelerations with 100+ mph speeds on 20 mile drive the select is more fun, same level of power is there with no throttling.
I know we don’t have dynos and stuff to really determine, but my experience is the exact opposite, came from a Select AWD, and although it felt quick, GTPE is a whole level above. Borrowed a Select RWD and it felt dead slow. Don’t know if you have confirmation bias here or I do.

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
L

Draggy is high fidelity multi-constellation GPS receiver with 20hz capability. That level of resolution makes phone GPS look like poo. It doesn't require the phone to have GPS, IT needs a clear shot of the sky.

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I know we don’t have dynos and stuff to really determine, but my experience is the exact opposite, came from a Select AWD, and although it felt quick, GTPE is a whole level above. Borrowed a Select RWD and it felt dead slow. Don’t know if you have confirmation bias here or I do.
I have 14k miles on the ODO on my select now, been in Unbridled mode for the full 14k miles, I put about 1500 miles per month mostly highway, just came home from a 29 miles drive, my consumption reads 2.2mi/kWh, I miss the GT's acceleration but not the grey bars of shame, it was fast car no one can argue that, but how many people hit go 60-115 mph 5-10 times per day? I do, did that nearly 90% of the times in the last 11 months, can't do that with a GT, last time I drove at full speed in my GT for a 30-45 seconds, I had nearly full grey bars for the next 8-10 miles, after about 12 miles, I parked the car home with still grey bars, it limited my performance, I paid to get full performance 100% of the time, not for 5 seconds only.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It's funny I've never seen the jail bars on mine and I've had it going on three months now. I've yet to hit max acceleration

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I have 14k miles on the ODO on my select now, been in Unbridled mode for the full 14k miles, I put about 1500 miles per month mostly highway, just came home from a 29 miles drive, my consumption reads 2.2mi/kWh, I miss the GT's acceleration but not the grey bars of shame, it was fast car no one can argue that, but how many people hit go 60-115 mph 5-10 times per day? I do, did that nearly 90% of the times in the last 11 months, can't do that with a GT, last time I drove at full speed in my GT for a 30-45 seconds, I had nearly full grey bars for the next 8-10 miles, after about 12 miles, I parked the car home with still grey bars, it limited my performance, I paid to get full performance 100% of the time, not for 5 seconds only.
We are not disagreeing that Ford still has yet to address the throttling on the GT/PE, and that wasn’t what people paid for, a 5 second limit. It’s been almost a year since Darren Walker stated, on the record, that the throttling was unnecessarily aggressive, and will be changed. We’ve seen no changes.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I bought a Dragy but was never able to get it to work in my Mach-e .. it acted like it couldn't access satellites .. I thought maybe the windshield was the problem .. has anyone else experienced this?
The Dragy doesn’t work well with the interference from the windsheild. When I use mine, I put it in the little door pocket where the release/opener is on the rear driver’s side door. Works fine there.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
We are not disagreeing that Ford still has yet to address the throttling on the GT/PE, and that wasn’t what people paid for, a 5 second limit. It’s been almost a year since Darren Walker stated, on the record, that the throttling was unnecessarily aggressive, and will be changed. We’ve seen no changes.
That Darren Palmer interview was in July.
And it seems tied to the Mach E Rally, so maybe when that comes out we will actually see a change.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
It's funny I've never seen the jail bars on mine and I've had it going on three months now. I've yet to hit max acceleration
You’re definitely not noticing them then. You get grey bars from other factors. I just had 2 simply turning my car on. 90% battery, preconditioned, etc. and still had them.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Hopefully someone can confirm or reject this with some additional testing

I want to believe.

get an OBD2 reader & CarScanner App.

The app includes nice accelleration testing/recording features AND you can configure and display kW, torque, or whatever else you want on a custom dashboard.

you can then see EXACTLY when and how much your kW output gets dialed down.

dashboard_4 power-chg temps-lv DC curr-kwhr.jpg

0t60-3.5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E GT PE, + ME Select AWD, '21 Explorer ST
Occupation
Tech Company Owner / CEO
Country flag
Dang... My first delivery GT PE (Aug, 2021) was tucked into it's winter hibernation with a cover a week ago... so no checking this out on the drag strip or draggy until April at earliest! (Iowa winters) Update: 8,000 miles
Ford Mustang Mach-E Full throttle limit on GT & GTPE: Did it just change? Storage Combined 2

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You are probably the guy doing 60mph on the left lanes.
Sponsored