Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e4 X
Occupation
Retired AF, log home restoration contractor
Country flag
New owner here! We got lucky and bought a silver mach e4 X that had been ordered and the order was canceled about 1 week prior to delivery. The stealership was Villa Ford in Orange CA. This dealership is marking up the premium AWD cars by $10,000.00 over MSRP, $5000.00 for lower-level models. We negotiated down to $3500.00 over MSRP. Very frustrating negotiating on such a crazy dealer mark-up, but that is the price of admission in SoCal for this car so early in the game. They also added $1100.00 for custom-installed leather since we don't like all-black interiors. Financed the car for 3.49% with the dealership since they matched my USAA quote I had for the financing. We had the 240v outlet installed yesterday (500.00) and activated the app to set up the charging. The app works very well and I set it up to max out at 90% and customized the charge times based on the power companys lowest rate times. This all worked very well. The only bit of confusion is the app shows charge at 100%, but in actuality, it is 100% of the 90% max charge I set up. Setting up the app and syncing it to the car was fairly easy and both my wife and I are good to go. I also ordered a new key fob with the cost of programming added in for $500.00. No wonder they only give you one key fob! We will not rely on the app for starting the car since that seems to be a possible issue. This car is replacing my wife's 2021 Mercedes c300 cabriolet and she is very happy with the interior and the tech vs the mercedes. It does not feel like a step down by any means. The ride is very nice on our local roads but we have not taken it out of the city to see how the dampening issue affects my opinion. If I don't like it, I will have some good bilstiens installed to fix the issue. I am used to harsh track day cars, so this car feels firm to me, but not as rough as say my 5th gen z/28 or a Zl1 1LE. Overall, I am VERY impressed with the Mach E. I am a Chevy car guy and a Ford truck guy, so this was an interesting purchase. I am going to go to the local car show next week and park by all the normal Mustangs.....that will be interesting!
Sponsored

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD ER; 2022 Lightning On Order
Country flag
Welcome! I've had mine since February and I'm still getting stopped, pictures taken, and all kinds of questions asked about it from folks. Hope you enjoy the attention! : )

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I get that people don't like markup, and I certainly don't. By the same token "the law of supply and demand" and capitalism in general are supposed to be good things aren't they? Airlines raise the fare on a particular flight as the plane gets more full, hotels raise their rates depending upon occupancy and in-demand local events, gas prices fluctuate every week, and fresh fruit/vegetable prices are contingent upon availability and demand. Many cheapskates like me wait for after-season sales, which is the same principle in reverse.

Anyway, congrats and it is a great car!

Callaway007

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang MachE, 2021 Tesla Model S
Occupation
Business
Country flag
Congratulations on your purchase. I have owned MachE for over 4 months and put 3000 miles. I hope your original message was noticed by Ford corporation. One of reason for potential future downfall for ford or other manufacturers in EV world is the way dealers are marking up for the price of vehicles. I owe Tesla Model S and buying experience for Tesla is compared to none. No after market sticker shocks, no marking up of premium etc.

With that said Mustang MachE is going to be very strong competitor in this segment. Overall quality of craftmanship both interior and out is good. I have definitely noticed it is more efficient then Tesla. For the price... (without markup's) it has a chance to stay competitive... If Ford Inc and dealers don't stop the madness of marking up cars then honeymoon period of maintaining strong presence in EV market will be short-lived.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Yesterday, this grumpy old fart looked our car over and then stomped away and said, “That ain’t no Mustang!“
Tarnation! What in the Sam Hill is wrong with that old fart? Dagnabbit, for Pete's sake!

EV Lab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME 4XE, Ford F-150, Honda Civic EV conversion
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Watch out for the haters! Yesterday, this grumpy old fart looked our car over and then stomped away and said, “ That ain’t no Mustang! “ lol
He's right, it's not a Mustang... It's a Mustang Mach-e!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Congrats on your new MME! I hope you enjoy it for a very long time.

WRT the old codger who berated @RockwallRick tell him “Get off my lawn you pesky kid!”

That reminds me to go to the grumpy thread.

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
Villa Ford are crooks, they were doing 10k adm back in April when I did my test drive, and $500 for a fob is beyond ridiculous!

That being said I'm jealous and happy for you!

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Congrats on your new MME! I hope you enjoy it for a very long time.

WRT the old codger who berated @RockwallRick tell him “Get off my lawn you pesky kid!”

That reminds me to go to the grumpy thread.
I wanted to tell him to go F$ck off but my Wife was there! Actually this was our first negative reaction to it!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I wanted to tell him to go F$ck off but my Wife was there! Actually this was our first negative reaction to it!
There will be people like that. In the beginning (being an old-school pony car guy) I didn’t like that Ford used the Mustang name on the car. I’m over that now. Ford holds the copyright and trademark on the name WRT automobiles, so they can do what they want with it, including naming a semitruck tractor or an econobox with it (remember the Mustang II?).

Whenever I get mine, if anyone ever says that to me, I’ll just laugh it off. If I have time and a charge maybe I’ll take them on a joy ride to prove the car is worthy of the name.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Congratulations on your Mach-E.

I’m curious to see what sort of interior modifications the dealer made to the leather. Can you post a pic?

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Watch out for the haters! Yesterday, this grumpy old fart looked our car over and then stomped away and said, “ That ain’t no Mustang! “ lol
Why does it matter what other people think of the car? I don't buy cars for acceptance by others.

Lola2004

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda pilot
Occupation
Travel agent
Country flag
New owner here! We got lucky and bought a silver mach e4 X that had been ordered and the order was canceled about 1 week prior to delivery. The stealership was Villa Ford in Orange CA. This dealership is marking up the premium AWD cars by $10,000.00 over MSRP, $5000.00 for lower-level models. We negotiated down to $3500.00 over MSRP. Very frustrating negotiating on such a crazy dealer mark-up, but that is the price of admission in SoCal for this car so early in the game. They also added $1100.00 for custom-installed leather since we don't like all-black interiors. Financed the car for 3.49% with the dealership since they matched my USAA quote I had for the financing. We had the 240v outlet installed yesterday (500.00) and activated the app to set up the charging. The app works very well and I set it up to max out at 90% and customized the charge times based on the power companys lowest rate times. This all worked very well. The only bit of confusion is the app shows charge at 100%, but in actuality, it is 100% of the 90% max charge I set up. Setting up the app and syncing it to the car was fairly easy and both my wife and I are good to go. I also ordered a new key fob with the cost of programming added in for $500.00. No wonder they only give you one key fob! We will not rely on the app for starting the car since that seems to be a possible issue. This car is replacing my wife's 2021 Mercedes c300 cabriolet and she is very happy with the interior and the tech vs the mercedes. It does not feel like a step down by any means. The ride is very nice on our local roads but we have not taken it out of the city to see how the dampening issue affects my opinion. If I don't like it, I will have some good bilstiens installed to fix the issue. I am used to harsh track day cars, so this car feels firm to me, but not as rough as say my 5th gen z/28 or a Zl1 1LE. Overall, I am VERY impressed with the Mach E. I am a Chevy car guy and a Ford truck guy, so this was an interesting purchase. I am going to go to the local car show next week and park by all the normal Mustangs.....that will be interesting!
Congrats on the switch, let us know how the car show goes
Sponsored