John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium, Ext Range RWD
Occupation
teacher
Country flag
Contract agreements with the dealer? No ADM assurance in writing? Hopefully that would be a non issue by then, but if there’s a wait list for folks ordering now, I wouldn’t take chances.
The dealer confirmed the deposit, and pushed the order through without me having to do anything else. Help this newbie out...what is an ADM assurance?
Sponsored

Clydesdale

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M Roadster. Chevy Tahoe. Tesla model3.
Country flag
There are some uninformed buyers who get a surprise ADM surcharge after making online order. The dealers ultimately set the final price and can add this fee. It can be quite high. Like $10,000. If you contact the assigned dealer to verify they won’t charge any ADM at the time of delivery, you will have piece of mind. If you find out now that the assigned dealer will charge ADM, you can try to find another dealer who won’t charge it. It’s too long of a wait to find out this surprise at the time of delivery. Hope this helps.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The dealer confirmed the deposit, and pushed the order through without me having to do anything else. Help this newbie out...what is an ADM assurance?
When you order your car online, it shows whether the dealer is adding ADM (Additional Dealer Markup) to a vehicle. Ideally, you'll want to get the dealer to confirm what you'll pay in writing.

Since you just ordered, you could qualify for X-Plan before you get delivery, after verifying that the dealer will accept it. X-Plan is 2% off MSRP (for the Mach-E), plus $275, and limits the paperwork charge to $100.

Jimct

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Kona EV, Mustang Mach e ordered 4/8/21
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The reference is to states that have adopted California's ZEV standards.

California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Virginia, Vermont, and Washington, as well as Washington, DC.

These states get preference.
This Connecticut guy's been waiting since last April - 40 weeks so far, no production date. Good thing I'm in a "preference" state.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
This Connecticut guy's been waiting since last April - 40 weeks so far, no production date. Good thing I'm in a "preference" state.
I feel your pain. May 29th myself (but bought a cancelled order). Is your dealer sure there's nothing wrong with your order? 2021 orders were converted to 2022 orders, and production dates came right away, and then moved repeatedly.

dwee415

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber blue Mach E GT non-performance
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Hey folks!

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to ordering cars online to get queued for production, so I just had a question:

I just ordered a Mach-E California Route 1 - grabber blue. I'm being told it'll probably be a 2023 model when I get it. Your stories of ordering and wait times here scare me a little. What realistically happens now?

Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 8.09.17 AM.png
1) Get a level 2 charger installed into your garage.
2) Join the Mustang Club of America online. It’s about $33 for the year. If you’re a member for over 3 months, you qualify for X plan pricing. This will save you a few hundred dollars so you can buy your car for under MSRP as long as your dealer accepts X plan. You’ll probably be waiting over 3 months anyway.
3) Call all other Ford dealerships within driving range and let them know you’re interested in a Mach E. Some will put you on a list for cancelled orders. You may be able to get your car sooner if you get lucky and take over a cancelled order (that’s what happened to me).
4) Think of a fun nickname for your car. You actually have to put in a nickname when you activate your FordPass. Mine is Mach E McMach Face.

Edit:
I placed my own order on 8/14/21 and have no production date yet.
I took over a cancelled order that was placed on 10/11/21 and is in production right now. I highly recommend getting on other dealers’ waitlists.

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
Welcome and congratulations! You’re in for a long wait or maybe not since there’s no real rhyme or reason to Ford scheduling.

I’m in a non ZEV state and ordered 10/19. I don’t have production date yet, but others who ordered after have production dates. You’ll get jealous of those people; you’ll get jealous of the people in the grumpy group who have seat belt recalls, train delays, etc.; and anyone else who is moving forward while you wait.

Ford is terrible with communication and your dealer more than likely also won’t be any help.

Scheduling happens on Thursdays, but not every Thursday.

Get X plan and confirm in writing that your dealer will accept X plan.

I have a slim chance of being on the 28 week timeline if I get an early March production date. I’m not holding my breath.

dje4msu

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hello all. Placed my order through a dealer in Michigan on 12-17-21. Premier, Rapid Red, AWD, ER.
The order was confirmed by Ford email the same day. Obviously, no VIN nor production date. The wait begins. Already driving the wife crazy with planning and material purchases for a 50 amp circuit and NEMA 14-50 recepticle. Also been playing with PlugShare and ABRP.

Last edited:

FamDocDon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red MME GTPE, 2016 Mercedes AMG GLA45
Country flag
1) Get a level 2 charger installed into your garage.
2) Join the Mustang Club of America online. It’s about $33 for the year. If you’re a member for over 3 months, you qualify for X plan pricing. This will save you a few hundred dollars so you can buy your car for under MSRP as long as your dealer accepts X plan. You’ll probably be waiting over 3 months anyway.
3) Call all other Ford dealerships within driving range and let them know you’re interested in a Mach E. Some will put you on a list for cancelled orders. You may be able to get your car sooner if you get lucky and take over a cancelled order (that’s what happened to me).
4) Think of a fun nickname for your car. You actually have to put in a nickname when you activate your FordPass. Mine is Mach E McMach Face.

Edit:
I took over a cancelled order that was placed on 10/11/21 and is in production right now. I highly recommend getting on other dealers’ waitlists.
I'd not heard about getting X-plan via Mustang Club of America membership. Great tip!

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
Edit:
Did you talk to someone specific at each dealership? I’m in sales and I don’t trust just talking to a salesperson.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
What now? Since Ford sucks at communicating, you will likely become grumpy. Join the Grumpy thread! ???

jfwyant1966

First Name
James Wyant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium eAWD XR Grabber Blue
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
Now you check the Ford site like twenty times a day until you see it has a production date. Then you don't have to check it anymore, but you probably will, all the while telling your spouse that you stopped looking. Then you check every day again until it hits the dealership.
Mine is in the production stage. I ordered in May of 2021. lol
Sponsored