Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
So it's winter here in canada and we are seeing Temps down to -40 and the car cannot keep up to it. We are driving and the temperature in the car is about 0, with the heater on max
Is there anything I can do to squeeze more heat. I wish I could put recirculation on, it only turns on for 20 seconds than turns off.
Sponsored

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
So it's winter here in canada and we are seeing Temps down to -40 and the car cannot keep up to it. We are driving and the temperature in the car is about 0, with the heater on max
Is there anything I can do to squeeze more heat. I wish I could put recirculation on, it only turns on for 20 seconds than turns off.
Wow -40!
I bet you already know the likely things to do.

Preheat before you set off if you can (plugged in)
Run heated seats and wheel
Turn the fan down. Less air will blow but the air will be warmer.

lastly pester Ford for a longer recirc timer.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
-40Âş is pretty much the design limit for the car, in those temps I would park it and drive something else.

Recirc and fan speed as low you can. Plug in and precondition with departure times, that's not optional when it's that cold.

Frankie

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GTPE
Country flag
Have you considered heating stones in your fire place and putting them under your seat

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Assuming E-Heat is on?

jamelski

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
All your heat is going to the battery pack. ?‍♂ man people need to look stuff up vice posting the same thing over and over and over.
?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
All your heat is going to the battery pack. ?‍♂ man people need to look stuff up vice posting the same thing over and over and over.
?
Woah there. His car isn’t heating up. He came here for suggestions and help. And there are others with similar issues that had mechanical problems with the car. Plus searching things here is a bit … off.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Woah there. His car isn’t heating up. He came here for suggestions and help. And there are others with similar issues that had mechanical problems with the car. Plus searching things here is a bit … off.
Glad I’m not the only one who thought that. Looking back through comment history, he hasn’t contributed anything constructive. @Dylancch , I apologize on jamalski’s behalf.
I clicked in here to read too as -30 isn’t too abnormal where I live either. So any pointers are things I may need to know too.

jamelski

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE
Country flag
Naw I’m just callin people out for the silly stupid and redundant questions people have asked on this forum.

This forum is too nice to incompetence and laziness. ?

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Naw I’m just callin people out for the silly stupid and redundant questions people have asked on this forum.

This forum is too nice to incompetence and laziness. ?
Then don't click on subjects that you know are redundant, pretty easy fix. Leave those posts for the people that don't mind helping. I'd much rather have a bunch of lazy people wanting to learn than arrogant rude people on this forum.
Sponsored