Less Than 1K Miles Value TANKED broken Odometer.

Racheal

First Name
Racheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Analytics
Country flag
I purchased a vehicle was sold with an undisclosed inaccurate faulty odometer statement. It seems it was a manufacturer delivered it to the dealership with a broken odometer. I was delivered the vehicle to my home 48 miles from the dealership. The Odometer never read past 10.8 Miles unless in motion and reset every time the key reset. It was broken before purchase or delivery. The service for this had to be done at a different dealership due to scheduling but the vehicle no longer has an actual mileage reading which significantly effects the vehicle value. I have contacted the dealership that sold the vehicle, the one that worked on it, and ford and they all keep referring me to one another not accepting any fault. I have now been without my vehicle for three weeks. I gave no estimated mileage as they state on the service order "seems around correct mileage". I was not offered a loaner due to the length of time for the repair nor any sort of consideration due to the value loss for the manufacturing defect. This car will now have a Not Actual Mileage listing on the disclosure and the title causing a significant financial loss of the vehicle value. I do not consider this resolved and would like to be compensated or the vehicle bought back due to the manufactures defect.
Sponsored

VegasWeezy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium MME ER RWD in Space White
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
It sounds like you have grounds for a lemon law buyback. Or at the very least, this should be a warranty covered issue that should be resolved by Ford. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Wow, that's crazy! Did you setup FordPass? I'd wager that that might still be keep accurate mileage and Ford can update your Odometer to the correct reading without the need for the disclaimer when you sell the vehicle.

OP
OP

Racheal

First Name
Racheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Analytics
Country flag
Wow, that's crazy! Did you setup FordPass? I'd wager that that might still be keep accurate mileage and Ford can update your Odometer to the correct reading without the need for the disclaimer when you sell the vehicle.
The PID didn't have actual mileage and they can't access nor provide me those logs (it would also need to include mileage before app setup to be legally accurate)

OP
OP

Racheal

First Name
Racheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Analytics
Country flag
Check the lemon law in your state and get with an attorney instead of random people on the internet.
Yeah, trying to find one or help from ford to make it right. Struggling to get past the lemon law questionnaire. This is a unique case.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah, trying to find one or help from ford to make it right. Struggling to get past the lemon law questionnaire. This is a unique case.
Why would you be doing that yourself? An attorney doesn't charge you for this... they settle their bill with the manufacturer...

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The PID didn't have actual mileage and they can't access nor provide me those logs (it would also need to include mileage before app setup to be legally accurate)
That doesn't answer if you've set up FordPass? The app doesn't wait to be activated before it starts recording things.

OP
OP

Racheal

First Name
Racheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Analytics
Country flag
It sounds like you have grounds for a lemon law buyback. Or at the very least, this should be a warranty covered issue that should be resolved by Ford. Sorry to hear about your troubles.
Why would you be doing that yourself? An attorney doesn't charge you for this... they settle their bill with the manufacturer...
I mean I can't get past a lawyers receptionist to speak to a lawyer. Looking to hire.

OP
OP

Racheal

First Name
Racheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Analytics
Country flag
That doesn't answer if you've set up FordPass? The app doesn't wait to be activated before it starts recording things.
I did set up ford pass, no, ford pass does not keep the logs needed.

Monke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
I many states, the seller has to provide an actual and accurate mileage paperwork. I would think if the dealership is selling a car knowing that the mileage is not accurate or actual, the dealership has committed a fraudulent transaction. I would demand to talk to a GM. I would ask a GM to take the car back.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
The ODO is likely stored in multiple devices. I’m not sure what logs you’re looking for in ford pass but what’s the odo reading on FordPass and does it match the cluster?

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
If they did not provide you documentation that the car's odometer was incorrect at time of delivery then they violated the Federal Odometer act of 1972. Who's your lawyer? If you cannot answer that, then that is your first task along with documenting everything including any text messages.
Sponsored