Old_Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select EAWD, 2023 Maverick Lariat LUX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did you do the installation yourself? I saw they have a video about installing the rear one - looks like a bit of a pain but doable. I wish they had a video showing the front, because I've heard that can be a lot more involved and I'm not sure if I'm up to the task of that.
Here you go
Sponsored

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
I'm not sure if it's already been posted here, but I bought the one from here a few months ago...

https://ev-vida.store/products/must...78995&pr_ref_pid=6867251953715&pr_seq=uniform

...and so far it has been working great. I also got the rear one that works as a middle break light and it's not been any problem at all either, so far anyway. :D
Does the EV-Vida version have even lighting throughout the pony and is the lighting smooth (you can't see the individual LEDs)?

KilroyMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Grabber Blue MME Premium AWD ER
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Here you go

Nope, I took it to a local car detail-type place where they do things like install aftermarket stuff like spoilers. I had them install the front and the rear ones and it cost a couple hundred bucks.

So far I think the lighting on each looks great. It seems even enough to me and they both feel quite solid, meaning they don't feel loose or cheaply made. :D

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Grabber Blue (hers) & FE Carbonized Grey (his)
Country flag
Awesome thanks. I already have the dotted version so looking to move to smooth. If you can confirm smooth ( you can wire it to a power source and it will light up), I'd be interested.

I hooked mine up to something like this and it lit up.

inShareplus 12V Power Supply, 12 Voltage 2A 24W Switching Power Supply, Drive, Power Adapter, AC 110V to 12 Volt Power Supply for LED Strip Light with 5.5/2.1mm DC Female Barrel Connector https://a.co/d/6DbcPwp
How did you hook it up to the 12v power supply. Looking to install mine soon, but wanted to confirm it works before doing so....and don't want to blow it up.

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Searched for a bit, but what size Posi-taps are needed for this?
Jeff I see we are pretty much neighbors. I think I have some laying around. DM me if you want them... for my Lighted Pony, three were enough.

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Jeff I see we are pretty much neighbors. I think I have some laying around. DM me if you want them... for my Lighted Pony, three were enough.
Martin

Appreciate the offer. You know the beltway...could be 35 minutes or 3 hours. LOL. My son lives in Arlington.

I think I'll just snag some on Amazon. Have 2 pony's to do. And just snagged that light kit for $16.99 to put under the hood - https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/silly-led-mod-but-i-like-it-sweeping-lights.26883/ - so I may need a few to do this.

Did you push through the fire wall or go with the always on install? Also, did you have the additional fuse that was sent after the fact?

Jeff

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Martin

Appreciate the offer. You know the beltway...could be 35 minutes or 3 hours. LOL. My son lives in Arlington.

I think I'll just snag some on Amazon. Have 2 pony's to do. And just snagged that light kit for $16.99 to put under the hood - https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/silly-led-mod-but-i-like-it-sweeping-lights.26883/ - so I may need a few to do this.

Did you push through the fire wall or go with the always on install? Also, did you have the additional fuse that was sent after the fact?

Jeff
I pushed thru the firewall. This BTW is much easier to do if you also "drop" the glove box on the inside, i.e. empty the glove box and then disconnect its strap on the right side. The glove box will pivot all the way down and you can see that rubber firewall nipple which is normally directly behind it.

My late-addition condenser in my late edition Lighted Pony came built into the main wire.

Also, I recommend you consider adding a three-wire quick disconnect right inside the front bumper cover. Why: to save yourself or a Ford tech future surprise angst if the front bumper cover ever needs to be taken off.

Good Luck!

DJJeffT

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I pushed thru the firewall. This BTW is much easier to do if you also "drop" the glove box on the inside, i.e. empty the glove box and then disconnect its strap on the right side. The glove box will pivot all the way down and you can see that rubber firewall nipple which is normally directly behind it.

My late-addition condenser in my late edition Lighted Pony came built into the main wire.

Also, I recommend you consider adding a three-wire quick disconnect right inside the front bumper cover. Why: to save yourself or a Ford tech future surprise angst if the front bumper cover ever needs to be taken off.

Good Luck!

Good call on the disconnect.

I have installed a dash cam and a remote button for the hatch release and had to drop the glove box to make it easier.

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
What is this harness that shipped with some of the most recent versions? (I’ve had it for months, just getting around to putting it in)

EF3205AD-4DCE-4BB7-91EC-66738A42B317.jpeg

Jake Blues

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD Space White
Country flag
Is the lighted pony still available for purchase? I can't find how/where to buy one.

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Is the lighted pony still available for purchase? I can't find how/where to buy one.
Not the I know of. The creator had to shut down the shop.

That said, I have the original Kickstarter version, still in the box and shrink-wrap if you are interested in buying one.

Jake Blues

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD Space White
Country flag
Not the I know of. The creator had to shut down the shop.

That said, I have the original Kickstarter version, still in the box and shrink-wrap if you are interested in buying one.
I will PM you.

txaggies07

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE FE Rapid Red
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have mine sitting in the shipping box still. Haven’t got around to installing it yet. Would ship it to someone for a reasonable offer.
Sponsored