rgreene

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT-PE
Country flag
Not sure what’s going on but I keep getting notifications at random times about lights being left on and my 12V battery being drained.

It happens at such strange times. One time I had my car parked in front of the house and after a few hours the headlights turned on all by themselves. I’ve received notifications at work about the lights being on, hours after having driven the car, and when I go to the parking garage to check on it, I see no lights on whatsoever. I often go into the garage at night and sometimes the pony light in the grill is on, but no other lights.

I am now regularly checking the 12V with FORScan to make sure my car doesn’t end up dead when I don’t expect it, but I’m certainly concerned.

Anybody else have this problem? I’ve seen other posts where people have to use the light dial to hard set the lights to off, and that hasn’t seemed to help my situation. I’m hoping somebody here has some advise as my service advisor at the dealership says that it would take days (!) to diagnose.

Thanks
Sponsored

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Check your light knob down by your knees, it should have an orange indicator light. If it doesn’t spin the knob till it does then set it back to auto, or whatever you use.

OP
OP

rgreene

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT-PE
Country flag
Check your light knob down by your knees, it should have an orange indicator light. If it doesn’t spin the knob till it does then set it back to auto, or whatever you use.
Right, I’ve done that. I don’t understand why the lights in the “grille” would turn on, but none of the other parking lights. I’m worried that it’s a weird software bug that the local dealer will have no clue how to fix…

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The light switch issue I described is a bug that no one knows how to fix.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Right, I’ve done that. I don’t understand why the lights in the “grille” would turn on, but none of the other parking lights. I’m worried that it’s a weird software bug that the local dealer will have no clue how to fix…
Please post your build date. If we collect a few more we may be able to build a date-related profile. If 5 have this problem and they were all GT's built within a two week span, Ford can used this to diagnose and correct.

OP
OP

rgreene

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT-PE
Country flag
My build week was 7/11, mine was in the first batch of GTs made, I believe.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Do you have the proximity setting on and your phone or fob with you when it happens?

If so, the pony and the puddle lights are supposed to come on when you get close to the car.

OP
OP

rgreene

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT-PE
Country flag
Do you have the proximity setting on and your phone or fob with you when it happens?

If so, the pony and the puddle lights are supposed to come on when you get close to the car.
I have seen this happen when the key and phone are far from the vehicle. I wish I could turn the proximity sensor off for my PAAK, but not the fob. I like having PAAK for those cases where I need to get in the car without having to first get my fob, but if I’m going to drive anywhere I’ll go get my fob.

dmur726

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Job 2 Premium Mach-e AWD ER
Country flag
My AWD EX does this too. The maintenance guy at work comes in at random times to tell me the lights turned on. I’m not sure when it was built (we got a cancellation) but took delivery 10/27.
I also have the bug where my headlights randomly go off of auto…

VN210

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CR1, F-150 Lightning Pro (ordered 8/13/22)
Country flag
Hello Mach E Team,

not sure if this still happening to anyone since last year. My build date 3/18/22 cali route 1 AWD. This just happened to me. I normally do a double take from a distance (out of fob range) to make sure there is no light on. While working and taking a glance out to look at her from time to time I saw the headlight on. Did a quick googled and saw this post.

If anyone know anything about this issue please share

dcbr

First Name
don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru outback, 2021 Mach- E Premium ER RWD
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have had this happen a couple of times. I get out of the car and walk away and return a little later a find my headlamps are on and the switch has changed from AUTO to ON. I am sure I did not brush the switch with my knee when getting out of the car. Premium EX RMD Build date 12/12/21.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag