Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I knew they wouldn't be able to touch the powertrain. Battery is already at maximum output, no easy way around that. Also no tuning tools exist to my knowledge.

Can you imagine paying $100k+ for a Mach-E that still has the 5-second limit?
Sponsored

Okuma

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Grabber Blue "Blucifer"
Country flag
Meet the Euro-Only Shelby Mustang Mach-E GT

Meet the new Shelby Mustang Mach-E GT, our first production EV and available only in Europe. Shelby American is honoring the 100th anniversary of our visionary founder's birth with a post-title package for current generation European Ford Mustang Mach-E GT electric vehicles. Based on the Ford Mustang Mach-E GT, the Shelby package modifies the electric all-wheel drive vehicle to enhance the SUV's handling and styling.

The Features on the Shelby Mustang Mach E GT
  • Carbon fiber mirror caps, door trim
  • Racing stripes
  • Shelby badging both inside and out
  • Borla's Active Performance Sound System mirrors speed, power, RPM, torque and load
  • Official Shelby CSM identification number

Only 100 of the packages will be offered in Europe for the Carroll Shelby Centennial. They will be available to retrofit privately-owned 2021-2023 model year Mustang Mach-E GT SUV's or can be added to a new vehicle by a Shelby American dealer in select European countries within the 2023 calendar year.Each Shelby Mustang Mach-E GT includes paid membership in Team Shelby, the international club Carroll Shelby established in 2008, and will be eligible for documentation in the official Shelby Registry. As the first production version of an EV in our history, it offers owners potential collectability.

The package MSRP starts at €24,900, not including the base vehicle.

https://www.shelby.eu/official-shelby-mustang-mach-e-gt

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 11.33.55 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 11.33.20 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 11.37.25 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 11.37.58 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 11.38.33 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 11.38.45 AM.png

JV0A9975-1_JPG.jpg

JV0A9967-1_JPG.jpg

JV0A9946-1_JPG.jpg

JV0A0071-1_JPG.jpg

JV0A0120-1_JPG.jpg

JV0A0194-1_JPG.jpg

JV0A0144-1_JPG.jpg
Meh

Bikespace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER 4x
Country flag
What a huge let down. But at least Shelby and Borla are trying to stay relevant. $25K sticker kits today, perhaps actual performance tomorrow.

There's just not much they can tune. Certainly no one expected them do invest million$ in a new battery pack, though better cooling might have gotten them from 5 to 6 seconds.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
$27k+ for some plastic add-ons, paint, stickers and noise? Absurd. I might go for $3k. Maybe they made a decimal error when printing out the press release
To be fair, the “plastic” is real carbon fiber. 🤔🐩

I’not saying I am into the car, but I do like the bigger front splitter. The rest? Meh. 🤷‍♂️🐩

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
To be fair, the “plastic” is real carbon fiber. 🤔🐩

I’not saying I am into the car, but I do like the bigger front splitter. The rest? Meh. 🤷‍♂️🐩
Yeah, the hood is real carbon fiber but it still gives off "snagged a hood from the scrapyard and couldn't afford a paint shop" vibes that ugly racing stripes can't hide.

CYBER-O

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E4X
Occupation
Independant IT Consultant, Lyft & Uber driver
Country flag
I wasn't sure if that was actually more hardware, or if they just replaced the propulsion sound file.
More hardware... i.e. likely "Borla" badges on the speaker grilles!

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
$27k+ for some plastic add-ons, paint, stickers and noise? Absurd. I might go for $3k. Maybe they made a decimal error when printing out the press release
Carbon fiber add ons. Just like you can get on EBay.

CYBER-O

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E4X
Occupation
Independant IT Consultant, Lyft & Uber driver
Country flag
If you were lucky enough to get one of these (100 only) in Europe, you would have a collectible.
I can think of better places to invest €24,900 which require zero physical storage space!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yeah, the hood is real carbon fiber but it still gives off "snagged a hood from the scrapyard and couldn't afford a paint shop" vibes that ugly racing stripes can't hide.
It still cracks me up that so many street cars with CF don’t protect their insane investment by painting the part. Every race car I know of paints or wraps their CF and other composite body parts. 🤷‍♂️🐩🤷‍♂️

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Well, I guess there has been enough pou poing by now to discourage anyone from saying anything positive. Congrats.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
You’ve said this twice, which almost makes me think you’re serious.

You can’t be serious……

But if you’d like to point at any examples in history where people paid Shelby for a cosmetic upgrade and then made money when selling the car, feel free!

I get it that some people will gladly pay this. Some people are happy with cosmetic upgrades.

I’m not “some people.”

Especially after Shelby has been promising performance upgrades for the last two years. And after all that wait we get?????? Nothing. Just a let down is all.

Only 100 being offered in the year 2023. More updates than just cosmetic. Shelby is putting its name on the product. So yea,, I'm serious! Watch the youtube. Lets see how quickly they sell out in Europe.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
yay! We win! Wait. Oh the 20
Or so UK people, who arnt going to buy it are on here. As they can only get it we did nothing we should head to Twitter!
I’m going to hold my breath for the selling out of said car. I’m hoping iq prevails

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Well, I guess there has been enough pou poing by now to discourage anyone from saying anything positive. Congrats.
The main issue is that most people want to see fixed on the GT/GPTE is the power limitation, they haven't done that. Now it could have been a case of there being no safe way to do that, however all is not lost as the GT/GTPE handles like a bus so they could have made an effort at sprinkled some magic there instead but they haven't done that either.

They could well be the best quality cosmetic parts and best fake exhaust noises, but that to most peoples eyes just makes it even more of a let down.

There are always plenty of vehicle collectors that have no interest in actually driving anything they own that will jump onto the the next limited edition to stick it an a garage for it never to see the light of day in the hope it will appreciate so I doubt they will have an issue selling them.
Sponsored