LoJac on a Mach-E?

JrDesigner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1 Mustang Mach E (Ordered)
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
Hey so I placed an Order for the Mach-E since every dealership around me was marking up the prices too much.

But anyway I placed the order, the dealership accepted it and when I asked to confirm that there was no mark-up they said yes.
However they did tell me that since they were a LoJac Dealership, All their cars new and used will come pre-installed with LoJac.
And that it would be an additional $995? However my car isnt even in production (and probably wont be for a while from the looks of things)
And I don't really want this really, but my question is if this is necessary (as I have it understood that the Mach-E can already do some stuff like this on its own through the Ford Pass App) So am I able to remove it? And should I?

Take into consideration that price is a really important factor for me so seeing this being added, plus however much they will charge on fees and etc (which I will also fight to lower or remove some of the BS stuff that they add) but this is one area im not sure about. Anything helps, thank you.
Sponsored

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey so I placed an Order for the Mach-E since every dealership around me was marking up the prices too much.

But anyway I placed the order, the dealership accepted it and when I asked to confirm that there was no mark-up they said yes.
However they did tell me that since they were a LoJac Dealership, All their cars new and used will come pre-installed with LoJac.
And that it would be an additional $995? However my car isnt even in production (and probably wont be for a while from the looks of things)
And I don't really want this really, but my question is if this is necessary (as I have it understood that the Mach-E can already do some stuff like this on its own through the Ford Pass App) So am I able to remove it? And should I?

Take into consideration that price is a really important factor for me so seeing this being added, plus however much they will charge on fees and etc (which I will also fight to lower or remove some of the BS stuff that they add) but this is one area im not sure about. Anything helps, thank you.
sounds like BS to me, don’t see how they can force you to get LoJack If you don’t want it. They sell every car including a Focus, with LoJack.

some of these dealerships are horrible.

OP
OP

JrDesigner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
California Route 1 Mustang Mach E (Ordered)
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
sounds like BS to me, don’t see how they can force you to get LoJack If you don’t want it. They sell every car including a Focus, with LoJack.

some of these dealerships are horrible.
Yeah I mean like I ordered it online specifically so I could avoid any additional charges that the Dealership would add on if I hadn't but when he menioned this I was confused as this was the first time I had heard of it and had to search up what it was. But my question is if this is even necessary? or is this Dealership BS?

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah I mean like I ordered it online specifically so I could avoid any additional charges that the Dealership would add on if I hadn't but when he menioned this I was confused as this was the first time I had heard of it and had to search up what it was. But my question is if this is even necessary? or is this Dealership BS?
necessary is in the eye of the beholder, to me , no. most cars can be tracked by police thru GPS system I think. other may know for sure.

got to be dealer BS at least to me

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I'd tell them no Lojack or no car... (and pick another dealer).

In addition: Yes you can run Ford Pass and see on a map where your car is.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
No, its BS. They are obligated to accept the price they committed to when they accepted the order (the price shown on your reservation page). They can offer you anything else they want, but if you say no they have to accept that. I’d give a firm “no thanks” and if they push back or say that it is required, let them know you’ll be switching orders to another dealer.

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
Do what I did, get Apple AirTags and hide them around the car. Any apple device will narc out where your car is. Epoxy them if you need to. I put 3 around the car.

Works great and any Apple iPhone essentially helps find your car if it 'grows legs'

Best $99 bucks I've ever spent. I put the 4th tag on luggage. $75 spent on a solution that lasts 1+ year.

Will show up in your 'Find My' app, and even if it goes missing gone in 60 seconds style, the guy who's loading the thing onto a shipping container will accidentally narc out its location as any recent iPhones help phone in the location of these AirTags.

Someone's actually recovered their scooter this way already, I already had 2, decided to expoy one hidden into the tire area after this video.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Total BS on the dealer’s part. Call Ford and switch to a different dealer.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Social media. Tag Mike Levine and Jim Farley on Twitter.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Doesn't the car already have some type of location service? Dont have an mme yet, but i thought i read somethign about that.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ummm so not only BS, but it’s also illegal at least in CA.

They use “Swat” for the LoJack option down here in SoCal. They put them in pretty much the second the car hits the dealership because we are so close to Mexico. They cannot increase the cost, all they have to do is just not activate the system if you don’t want the “protection”.

I told my dealer I did not want Swat. The installer came while I was there to install it on my car. The salesmen told him I did not want Swat on the car. The Swat guy then went to the manager and asked for the key to the car to do it anyways…. Luckily I had the key with me at the desk.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Your FordPass already locates your car. I cant believe they actually force a product onto a client. If you do get it somewhere else make a complaint at the BBB.

MMXX500

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GT500 2021 MACH-E GT/PE
Occupation
Dosser
Country flag
LoJack is an optional add on. Dealers will usually preinstall LoJack because they get a better cost. ( preinstall cost is no more than $165-$200 depending on how many units they have ) Plus when something is preinstalled it's easier to tell people they have to take it because it's already on there.

You do not have to purchase the vehicle with LoJack and it is illegal in California for the dealer to make you purchase the vehicle with dealer add ons that you do not want, this is why at signing there is a pre-contract form listing all the "optional add-ons" showing the complete breakdown of charges for each item.

There could be a benefit to having LoJack as the device uses Radio Frequency to locate the vehicle when stolen, this allows the signal to pass through enclosures and materials that would block GPS.
The system works, I have had a great deal of experience with it and with the installation and recovery.

The issue with the system at this time is that the company was recently bought out and the future of the product is unsure, because of this most dealers are not renewing their contracts and going with other devices they can sell as add ons. Also the battery life of the unit is somewhere around 5-7 years and then a battery replacement is recommended which will require another technician charge.

If you see a benefit in having it installed then get it for peace of mind, also check with your insurance company to see if it would provide any policy discounts to offset cost. If you do not want it then make it clear to your dealer that they should not install it as you will not be choosing to pay for it. If they still have it installed they will still have to pay for it but they can not pass that cost on to you.

If they still give you push back then it would be wise to purchase from a different dealer as this would show you what to expect from them with the purchase going forward.
Sponsored